opposing coaches now have game tape

HelloNewman

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not seen this talked about yet.

Has anyone considered why Tyrod is not doing as good this year because opposing coaches now have a full season of game tape to help them plan ways to shut him down and can study his tendencies?

What do you think?

The Jets had 13 games before last seasons finale, they had a whopping 1 more game before this years matchup.

Tyrod is simply not playing well, the defenses arent really doing anything special.

Maybe part of the answer is that we have a #1 WR is Sammy who is playing hurt or totally misused (2 games 6 targets) or both. We have nothing close to a number 2 or number 3 WR. Goodwin would be great in a flag league. Woods is a joke. One TE that plays half hearted and two TEs that should not be in the league, a fullback that is on the team, off the team, on the team. Baby Gronk was nowhere near NFL material but his name was Gronkowski so we kept him.

Tyrod is not a quarterback that will ever win it in the 4th quarter consistently. Either we get out in front and cruise or the team loses.

Edited by jumbalaya

I have not seen this talked about yet.

Has anyone considered why Tyrod is not doing as good this year because opposing coaches now have a full season of game tape to help them plan ways to shut him down and can study his tendencies?

What do you think?

I think Baltimore had years to know what Tyrod was good and not so good at, including film review of camp and practice every day for several years.

So if a full year of tape was bad, starting the year against an opponent that drafted and coached the same guy from the beginning for 4 seasons couldn't have helped.

Maybe part of the answer is that we have a #1 WR is Sammy who is playing hurt or totally misused (2 games 6 targets) or both. We have nothing close to a number 2 or number 3 WR. Goodwin would be great in a flag league. Woods is a joke. One TE that plays half hearted and two TEs that should not be in the league, a fullback that is on the team, off the team, on the team. Baby Gronk was nowhere near NFL material but his name was Gronkowski so we kept him.

Tyrod is not a quarterback that will ever win it in the 4th quarter consistently. Either we get out in front and cruise or the team loses.

FWIW , Sammy says he feels fine and the foot is no big deal. Says he's been surprised how well he's been able to do certain things that he was unsure of and should help him going forward. SW has been open a lot so I don't think it's been an issue. TT has just not been making good reads and going where the progression should be taking him. Other times he has sailed passes (Ravens) or thrown them low( Jets) . Actually , Woods has been open for what should have been big plays if TT looked his way. Most of the issues land at TT's feet right now.

Through all the threads you have said this I can't tell if you are trolling because you think he can't be a QB or you are just saying it because you want him to be one.

I want more than anything for him to be a QB. But it's glaringly obvious that he has a long way to go based on the All 22 of the first couple weeks. I thought he showed enough last year that, with an offseason of studying the same tapes opposing coaches do, that he would take the next step and start making defenses pay for what they are giving him on a play to play basis. And they are giving him a TON of stuff but he's either not seeing it, doesn't have the green light to check into better plays, or a combination of both.

But I definitely want him to be a good QB.

If that is true, you sure have a funny way of showing it.

In fact, your actions speak so loudly I can't hear what you are saying.

Perhaps you should read EVERY post I've made about TT since training camp LAST YEAR and you will know just how out of line you are here.

Feel free to go find somebody who actually doesn't like TT. In the meantime, I'll continue to offer honest criticism of his play.

Perhaps you should read EVERY post I've made about TT since training camp LAST YEAR and you will know just how out of line you are here.

Feel free to go find somebody who actually doesn't like TT. In the meantime, I'll continue to offer honest criticism of his play.

Not to mention that was word for word Baltimore's gameplan straight from their defense.

Edited by jmc12290

Its a mostly free country still. You can say whatever you want about the guy. Its just an opinion.

And you are free to mock the guy like he is the worst qb in the league out of one side of your mouth as you claim to want him to succeed out of the other side of your mouth.

I'm just saying your actions don't backup what you claim your opinion of him is. Not trying to pick a fight with you. But your **** stinks too.

Not to mention that was word for word Baltimore's gameplan straight from their defense.

That quote said more about the state of TT's game and what opposing teams think of it than anything. Essentially, they have called him out and daring him to take what they are giving him. When it comes to defense, it's more a matter of knowing what you CAN'T do as opposed to what you CAN. The tape suggests teams assume TT CAN'T do a lot.

Its a mostly free country still. You can say whatever you want about the guy. Its just an opinion.

And you are free to mock the guy like he is the worst qb in the league out of one side of your mouth as you claim to want him to succeed out of the other side of your mouth.

I'm just saying your actions don't backup what you claim your opinion of him is. Not trying to pick a fight with you. But your **** stinks too.

Stink as bad as Tyrod on 3rd and 5 tho ?

Like I said, my history of posts regarding TT suggests I think far more of him than you know. But go ahead and continue to let a few posts tell the whole story because it fits your assumption. Good for you. But I'm done with you.