Garoppolo hurt

judman

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's called playing smart football. If a guy is playing "injured" meaning he's susceptible to re-injury , that's what you do. It's playing to win and the Pats would do no different. No one is trying to end anyone's career out there ( except for some douches like D Hall) , but knocking a guy out , esp the QB is just playing to win the game. That's the object. It's a game to us and a job to the players. The Garrapolo injury was reorted early by several outlets as a 2-4 week injury, quickly debunked by the Pats in typical fashion. A player who is " hurt " can play without re-injury, just a matter of pain tolerance. Either way , a smart opponent will target the injured area.

I wasn't talking about that, I was talking about as a fan CALLING for that or an injury in general.

Also the Jimmy G injury had 5 different diagnosis for him after day 1. God only knows which one was right as the Patriots will never let anyone know. Same goes for Jacoby injury to his thumb, heard everything from a torn ligament in his thumb to just a bruise..

Reading comprehension on this thread is LOW today. I SAID CALLING FOR SOMEONE TO INJURE SOMEONE ELSE IS CLASSLESS.. And stupid.

I said nothing about players knowing and targeting it, I said being such a low level fan that you believe your only chance of winning is to injure, then you should just quit being a fan as it's gotten to you!

It's not the only chance, but it increases the chance. A smart fan would acknowledge that fact as they understand the game. A low level fan is more like one that follows a franchise though by many to be the class of the NFL, wins almost every game, possibly cheats at times , but really has had no period of suffering by fans in a decade and a half, and said fan needs to hang on opponents message boards to pump themselves up under the guise of " football discussion". Why not hang on the Broncos board ? Or some team that is actually competing with the Pats for something realistically? Putting down opposing fans for pointing out a time honored strategy employed by teams when facing an injured opponent is nonsensical. If it bothers you, find a baseball message board to hang on. You are apparently too PC or soft to talk about a collision sport.

I will never understand this kind of thinking. Oh they need go out and make a point to try and rehurt someone. It's a freakin game!!

Setting aside the above discussion about some seemingly dirty plays by Patriots against the Bills, I agree with you. I don't like seeing players get hurt. I'd rather be the better team and win, something we have not been against New England in quite some time.

I wasn't talking about that, I was talking about as a fan CALLING for that or an injury in general.

Also the Jimmy G injury had 5 different diagnosis for him after day 1. God only knows which one was right as the Patriots will never let anyone know. Same goes for Jacoby injury to his thumb, heard everything from a torn ligament in his thumb to just a bruise..

I'd say the right one was the one first reported. Typically a 2-4 week injury, ( except for Patriot players pumped with hgh when the recovery time is anything but typical).

Harrison being Harrison, Spikes forearm to Freddie's brain stem, Wilfork taking out JP's knees, the classic Brandon Meriweather torpedo (which was the impetus for the "launching" penalty), you know, the Patriot Way.

Merriweather was CUT for those as he kept getting personal foul penalties that drove BB insane. (He was a very dirty player even w Washington.)

Wil folk I already addressed, I don't recall the Spikes one at all but he was average to below average here. (And was cut the second time before hitting the field after his hit and run)

Edited by PatsFanNH

Blount is not invincible, we don't have the fastest LB's but we have guys that can knock the dog **** out of a thumper like Blount. Looking forward to that.

No one is invincible not even the Great Barry Sanders. I just want a good enjoyable game with no stupid injuries. (Seems every week someone new is hurt that is important to the team. Lol)

Merriweather was CUT for those as he kept getting personal foul penalties that drove BB insane. (He was a very dirty player even w Washington.)

Wil folk I already addressed, I don't recall the Spikes one at all but he was average to below average here. (And was cut the second time before hitting the field after his hit and run)

What's your point?

Football is a physical game. No one is wishing injury on your darling, saint like players, but if Jimmy G takes a few good clean hits early in the game and that shoulder doesn't feel good enough to continue, well that would just be a crying shame.

Reading comprehension on this thread is LOW today. I SAID CALLING FOR SOMEONE TO INJURE SOMEONE ELSE IS CLASSLESS.. And stupid.

I said nothing about players knowing and targeting it, I said being such a low level fan that you believe your only chance of winning is to injure, then you should just quit being a fan as it's gotten to you!

Please spare us the lecture. You root for a team that are known cheaters & have no room for any kind of sportsmanship in their franchise. There are no limits to the depths they will sink to gain any kind of advantage over their opponent. Their is a special place in Hell for Belicheck, Kraft & Brady. I would love it if Brady got a career ending injury on the Bills watch. He deserves it for all of his cheating.

Edited by Gordio

What's your point?

Football is a physical game. No one is wishing injury on your darling, saint like players, but if Jimmy G takes a few good clean hits early in the game and that shoulder doesn't feel good enough to continue, well that would just be a crying shame.

Lmao BUT THAT WAS MY POINT! Why wish injury on another teams player!! Lol nothing more nothing less! Wishing injury on a player kind of makes that person seem rather sad because your pretty much saying "we suck unless we find a way to get X player out of the game" I state agin I will never understand loser thinking like that! Wishing injuries on someone a loser thing to do no matter who you cheer for.

Please spare us the lecture. You root for a team that are known cheaters & have no room for any kind of sportsmanship in their franchise. There are no limits to the depths they will sink to gain any kind of advantage over their opponent. Their is a special place in Hell for Belicheck, Kraft & Brady. I would love it if Brady got a career ending injury on the Bills watch. He deserves it for all of his cheating.

Ahh your the type of Loser mentality I was talking about thank you for your fine example.

Lmao BUT THAT WAS MY POINT! Why wish injury on another teams player!! Lol nothing more nothing less! Wishing injury on a player kind of makes that person seem rather sad because your pretty much saying "we suck unless we find a way to get X player out of the game" I state agin I will never understand loser thinking like that! Wishing injuries on someone a loser thing to do no matter who you cheer for.

Ahh your the type of Loser mentality I was talking about thank you for your fine example.

Hey no problem, I am here to help.

He's already injured. I didn't wish that. My apologies, I didn't know I was supposed to wish that Jimmy G sees nothing but clean pockets and smooth sailing for his career.

I hope Buffalo gets after whoever you start at QB and that QB gets his ass lit up with clean hits all day. And if that QB happens to have a pre-existing injury and says 'no mas' in the second quarter, so be it.

If you're going to be so sensitive then I think you're following the wrong sport.

He's already injured. I didn't wish that. My apologies, I didn't know I was supposed to wish that Jimmy G sees nothing but clean pockets and smooth sailing for his career.

I hope Buffalo gets after whoever you start at QB and that QB gets his ass lit up with clean hits all day. And if that QB happens to have a pre-existing injury and says 'no mas' in the second quarter, so be it.

If you're going to be so sensitive then I think you're following the wrong sport.

Wasn't meant for that specific QB, I was talking about the general messages you see like "I don't care if we win I just hope we injure player X he is such a XYZ" those thpe post like the original here was similar not exact but close. I don't get those..

THATS NOT WHAT MY COMMENT WAS TALKJNG ABOUT! Not unless fans on message boards some how go out there and tell a player what to do! My god I said nothing about sportsmanship I was talking about being some sort of NOTMAL fan and just cheering for your team and not a damn injury! Wth so hard to understand about that!

Wasn't meant for that specific QB, I was talking about the general messages you see like "I don't care if we win I just hope we injure player X he is such a XYZ" those thpe post like the original here was similar not exact but close. I don't get those..

THATS NOT WHAT MY COMMENT WAS TALKJNG ABOUT! Not unless fans on message boards some how go out there and tell a player what to do! My god I said nothing about sportsmanship I was talking about being some sort of NOTMAL fan and just cheering for your team and not a damn injury! Wth so hard to understand about that!

Bro.

You said you don't understand the thinking behind going out and trying to rehurt somebody. It's been thoroughly explained. And what you said was clear as day:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/188623-garoppolo-hurt/?p=4064407

Wth is so hard to understand about the inherent irony of a Patriots fan talking about how he wants to see a good clean game? If you really want to see a good clean game, then you've picked the wrong team.