Suck for Kizer?

RyanC883

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I am a big Notre Dame fan and I really think Kizer is going to be a good NFL QB, but if we pass on Chad Kelly, we are going to regret it like we did when we passed on Russell Wilson.

Bad for Chad!

Seriously the Bills should hold a fire sale on players now for draft picks, then trade down a dozen times for even more picks in the draft.

I like the idea of a fire-sale for draft picks. Trade Sammy to a team that could actually use him, etc. Trade McCoy. Total personnel rebuild. Trade Gilmore the next time he has a good game. No point having a CB who can't tackle

I'm going with Clausen. The issue is that many Notre Dame fans don't seem to understand what decade they are taking the field in. Due to this I'm certain most Kizer fans project him as more of a Montana type.

I posed the question because WalterFootball has him as the top pick. Has Kelly in Round 2. (no way he goes out of the first round, IMO).

https://walterfootball.com/draft2017QB.php

https://walterfootball.com/draft2017.php

I'm going with Clausen. The issue is that many Notre Dame fans don't seem to understand what decade they are taking the field in. Due to this I'm certain most Kizer fans project him as more of a Montana type.

I see some hate in you. Kizer will be a solid NFL QB as long as he keeps progressing in his game. He can make all the throws and does fairly well under pressure. Clausen was never a very good quarterback, he was a smokescreen like Brady Quinn who succeeded because he had superior WR talent around him, at least for the college game. Is Kizer NFl-ready right now? No, I think he needs to progress a lot more this season to say he's NFL ready.

Edited by ndirish1978

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Your anti Notre Dame bias is obvious. Also obvious that Kizer is nothing like any of the QB's you mentioned and if you are seriously comparing him to Clausen, you have no credibility.

I like the idea of a fire-sale for draft picks. Trade Sammy to a team that could actually use him, etc. Trade McCoy. Total personnel rebuild. Trade Gilmore the next time he has a good game. No point having a CB who can't tackle

I posed the question because WalterFootball has him as the top pick. Has Kelly in Round 2. (no way he goes out of the first round, IMO).

https://walterfootball.com/draft2017QB.php

https://walterfootball.com/draft2017.php

I completely understand why you posed the question. I just couldn't help but to make the point that so many Bills fans are ND fans. This will naturally result in tons of Kizer love. Personally I don't like any of the QBs this year. Kizer is ranked as the top QB right now, I get that. However, a lot can change by the end of the season as well.

Notre Dame fan for as long as I can remember here. Kizer is definitely gifted and better than any Irish QB in recent memory. He lost all 4 of his top options from last season and is still playing well. The one thing about Kizer that gets me sometimes is how he will miss open receivers trying to force the ball elsewhere. He has gotten better with his progressions it seems this year though, I will give him that, By most accounts I heard about the off\preseason he always looked better than Zaire, but Kelly wanted to give Malik the chance to get his job back after losing it by injury. All this being said, idk if Kizer is ready yet. He has the arm, is a leader, is very athletic for a guy his size, and can make every throw across the field. I just think he would be better served as far as his career goes by playing 2017 in college and refining his game that much more. He may jump to the NFL because he would likely be a 1st Round selection though. That is just the way things go. I can't see him being a top 5 pick right now.

Deshaun Watson is probably the only QB I would take that high. He's had a rough start to the year, but Clemson is dealing with a few new pieces to the puzzle there. I expect him to get rolling and be the QB that shredded everyone last year again real soon. :thumbsup:

Is Watson a real QB or just the best athlete on the field? What about the Louisville kid?

This team needs a real Quarterback who can see the field and throw the damn ball with some anticipation.

Watch the game against Alabama last year and that will tell you everything about the guy. He is athletically gifted, but he can also stand in the pocket and be a QB.

That's exactly how I feel, but every year we need a QB so people become overzealous. I still believe we wouldn't be any better with these guys than we are with Tyrod. Now in week two everyone is on a Kizer roll.

lets hope nobody chokes 😎

Watch the game against Alabama last year and that will tell you everything about the guy. He is athletically gifted, but he can also stand in the pocket and be a QB.

He might be a franchise QB but I don't think you can compare college to the pro game. Two different beasts.

lets hope nobody chokes

He might be a franchise QB but I don't think you can compare college to the pro game. Two different beasts.

Yes the college game is different, but Alabama's defense is loaded with top tier NFL talent and he was killing them. He was the reason Clemson stayed in that game. Imo, barring serious injury, he will have a long and successful NFL career.

Yes the college game is different, but Alabama's defense is loaded with top tier NFL talent and he was killing them. He was the reason Clemson stayed in that game. Imo, barring serious injury, he will have a long and successful NFL career.

Chad Kelly shredded the Alabama D as well. If that's how we are going to judge prospects to be fair then we'd have to hold Kelly in high regard as well.

I am a big Notre Dame fan and I really think Kizer is going to be a good NFL QB, but if we pass on Chad Kelly, we are going to regret it like we did when we passed on Russell Wilson.

Chad Kelly= too much baggage.

nephew of the greatest QB in franchise history. man those are some big shoes to fill, because the comparisons would start before he hit the stage on draft night.

That said it appears he does not have the maturity to be a QB Named Kelly in Buffalo.

Last and certainly not least he is a confirmed douchebag. Although I can see Russ Brandon being on board with selling the farm to get him.

nephew of the greatest QB in franchise history. man those are some big shoes to fill, because the comparisons would start before he hit the stage on draft night.

That said it appears he does not have the maturity to be a QB Named Kelly in Buffalo.

Last and certainly not least he is a confirmed douchebag. Although I can see Russ Brandon being on board with selling the farm to get him.

The original quarterback named Kelly didn't start out with much maturity either. A lot of great QBs are douchbags as well. I can think of too many to list. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Chad Kelly is going to be a good-great NFL QB. He throws the ball exactly like Jim. He has a cannon arm but also has the great touch that Jim had. He is able to anticipate where the play is going and throw his WR open. He turns the ball over too much right now but I think that is more of a product of Ole Miss having no running game and a one dimensional attack simply doesn't work against teams like Alabama and Florida State.

Kelly has had his maturity problems but to be fair he hasn't even had a sniff of trouble in awhile. He is cocky as hell but so was Jim and so are a lot of the great ones. If we pass on him, we will regret it.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12