Capaccio: Bills' D is "Fully Pregnant"

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the comment section and the cry to do away with an antiquated defense. Want to know a defense that's even older than the 46? Wade Philips' very own 34/under. I doubt anyone would suggest the Broncos scrap their antiquated defense.

Helps to have superior players though.

GO BILLS!!!

I love the comment section and the cry to do away with an antiquated defense. Want to know a defense that's even older than the 46? Wade Philips' very own 34/under. I doubt anyone would suggest the Broncos scrap their antiquated defense.

GO BILLS!!!

Talent, communication, and execution of assignments will work in any system whether it's offense or defense.

GO BILLS!!!

Has Wade's system not evolved at all over the years from the one-gap 34 his father was playing in the 70s? I ask because I do not know.

Many of Denver's players, even unprompted, were very quick to credit Wade for adjusting what he does to fit his talent.

Talent, communication, and execution of assignments will work in any system whether it's offense or defense.

No, the wishbone is not going to work in 2016 no matter how well you communicate and execute. The league is constantly changing so its only natural that some tactics will fall by the wayside.

Has Wade's system not evolved at all over the years from the one-gap 34 his father was playing in the 70s? I ask because I do not know.

Many of Denver's players, even unprompted, were very quick to credit Wade for adjusting what he does to fit his talent.

Of course it's evolved just as offenses have evolved. Wade still favors that one-gap, under look in his fronts but there are times he's gonna be on the nose, etc. And, OH MY GOD NO!!!, there are times he even asks Von Miller to drop back in coverage!

Of course it's evolved just as offenses have evolved. Wade still favors that one-gap, under look in his fronts but there are times he's gonna be on the nose, etc. And, OH MY GOD NO!!!, there are times he even asks Von Miller to drop back in coverage!

He also had Danny Trevathan playing middle linebacker. It seems to me the reason he isn't antiquated is that he has adapted to a changing league.

No, the wishbone is not going to work in 2016 no matter how well you communicate and execute. The league is constantly changing so its only natural that some tactics will fall by the wayside.

You would take an extreme example to try to refute a point that I'm making about NFL football. No one is talking about that kind of system.