If the Bills lose tonight...

YoloinOhio

What is your plan as a fan if the Bills lose?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. If the Bills lose tonight, will you...

• Say "peace out" on the 2016 season
    • Hang in there

A (much) improved defense (from 24th in DVOA to 10th) and an offense not regressing (9th in DVOA in 2015). That would be enough for a 2-3 win improvement.

Considering it is year #2 in both schemes which usually means improvement, it was not a far-fetched idea.

The D may be better, though Baltimore isn't an offensive juggernaut, nor are the jets, so we dont know on that yet. The O regressed, at least so far, badly.

It's not a far fetched idea, but that doesn't make it a likely one or supported by any evidence

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The D may be better, though Baltimore isn't an offensive juggernaut, nor are the jets, so we dont know on that yet. The O regressed, at least so far, badly.

It's not a far fetched idea, but that doesn't make it a likely one or supported by any evidence

lol I just gave you the factual evidence. It's up to you whether you accept it or not. They went 8-8 a year ago, not 1-15. With no significant departures (especially on offense).

To me it just seems as if you're making excuses for the coaches by saying the players just aren't talented enough (which is likely false).

In the same respect "Baltimore isn't an offensive juggernaut" is not supported by any evidence either. They scored 13 because we held them to that. If you're willing to judge the O after only one game, then your juggernaut statement is only based on one performance as well.

All I hope is that this game in the national media spotlight doesn't show what we saw last Sunday in Baltimore.

The Rams really stunk up the air waves on MNF but still they had more yards with less points scored then the Bills.

Rex Ryan is like 6-1 against Fitz so let's hope that streak continues.

A (much) improved defense (from 24th in DVOA to 10th) and an offense not regressing (9th in DVOA in 2015). That would be enough for a 2-3 win improvement.

Considering it is year #2 in both schemes which usually means improvement, it was not a far-fetched idea.

That's the sort of thing I was hanging my hat on. I thought the O would plateau at worst and the D would be hovering around the top-10.

I think the D is going to be that good. So much relies on Tyrod hitting his stride now.

A loss tonight and I think the season is effectively over. When you start talking about the Patriots stealing a win in Week 1 with TG slinging it and Brady coming back in week 5, they don't stand a chance starting off 0-1 in the AFC East and 0-2 in the AFC overall. I've said this before, but the win one-lose one-win one pattern isn't going to get this team anything. They need wins to boost confidence and opening with a dud in Baltimore didn't help. A loss to Fitzy and the Jests is a loss of the season. I'll still be a fan, but will not make any special efforts to watch games, unless by some miracle they put together a streak and look like they'll have a shot at the division.

lol I just gave you the factual evidence. It's up to you whether you accept it or not. They went 8-8 a year ago, not 1-15. With no significant departures (especially on offense).

To me it just seems as if you're making excuses for the coaches by saying the players just aren't talented enough (which is likely false).

I'm not sure your 'evidence' says anything like what you think it says, but just understand, I blame it 90% on the FO and coaching, not the players. I mean sure, they're all fragile as faberge eggs, and have about as much passion as date night at the convent, but it's ultimately management's responsibility.

A loss tonight and I think the season is effectively over. When you start talking about the Patriots stealing a win in Week 1 with TG slinging it and Brady coming back in week 5, they don't stand a chance starting off 0-1 in the AFC East and 0-2 in the AFC overall. I've said this before, but the win one-lose one-win one pattern isn't going to get this team anything. They need wins to boost confidence and opening with a dud in Baltimore didn't help. A loss to Fitzy and the Jests is a loss of the season. I'll still be a fan, but will not make any special efforts to watch games, unless by some miracle they put together a streak and look like they'll have a shot at the division.

Oh, they'll put together a streak, after it would have helped. These guys are the living embodiment of a day late and a dollar short. Like I said in another thread, watching ARI-NE was rather startling when contemplating where the Bills fit into the pack. The bills are slow and stupid compared to either of those teams. Simply put, the Bills aren't a competitive team. I mean, on any given sunday the ball might bounce our way in a close game, but 8-8 is probably the best we're going to see this year, 6-10 or 7-9 a lot more likely. Wasnt there a stat that Rex has never won 3 in a row?

I have already come to the realization that there is virtually a zero percent chance that the Bills will be as good as I want them to be for it to be considered a successful season. It's a weird place to be this early in the year. A lot of it is based on how bad they looked last week, not that they simply lost. Part of that is the fact that they seem stuck in the dark ages on offense. I have PTSD (Post Trent Stress Disorder), after watching the game last week.

I will always root for them to win every game, but the emotion is pretty much gone. They need some BIG wins for me to get the emotion back. Against good teams, and on the road, and in a row. Beating the Jets isn't going to change the way I feel unless we win 45 - 0 or something like that.

0-2 = 12% chance to make the playoffs combined with the fact it is 2 conference losses plus the brutal schedule.

What will you do?

I will continue to watch and hope for the best. I expect nothing at this point and anything good that happens is just a bonus.

I have already come to the realization that there is virtually a zero percent chance that the Bills will be as good as I want them to be for it to be considered a successful season. It's a weird place to be this early in the year. A lot of it is based on how bad they looked last week, not that they simply lost. Part of that is the fact that they seem stuck in the dark ages on offense. I have PTSD (Post Trent Stress Disorder), after watching the game last week.

I will always root for them to win every game, but the emotion is pretty much gone. They need some BIG wins for me to get the emotion back. Against good teams, and on the road, and in a row. Beating the Jets isn't going to change the way I feel unless we win 45 - 0 or something like that.

Agreed. Remember this time last year, going into week 2(?) against the Pats? The Bills had a good first game, Rex had 'built a bully' and NE came in and made the bills look like a bad college team? What, did we get 19 penalties or something like that? That's what broke it for me.

I normally don't make plans on Sundays during the season.

This year I'm making plans on Sundays during the season. If I see games, I see them, if I don't, whatever. I need to invest less of my life and happiness in a Bills team that is sure to disappoint.

I don't know you, but it feels like you are exaggerating your position on this.

If the Bills come out tonight and dominate on offense against that really good Jets defense, I bet that the vast majority of Bills fans will come right back around and start thinking this team has an outside shot at the playoffs. I don't have any confidence that the Bills offense is going to come out and dominate like that, but if they did, wow.

They don't have to win 45 to 0 in order to call it domination. I just want them to move the ball against the Jets easily and sustain scoring drives and ultimately win the game.

Edited by PolishDave

Agreed. Remember this time last year, going into week 2(?) against the Pats? The Bills had a good first game, Rex had 'built a bully' and NE came in and made the bills look like a bad college team? What, did we get 19 penalties or something like that? That's what broke it for me.

Yep, that was awful. There have been many times the Pats have taken any shred of hope and optimism and just crushed it.

I don't know you, but it feels like you are exaggerating your position on this.

If the Bills come out tonight and dominate on offense against that really good Jets defense, I bet that the vast majority of Bills fans will come right back around and start thinking this team has an outside shot at the playoffs. I don't have any confidence that the Bills offense is going to come out and dominate like that, but if they did, wow.

They don't have to win 45 to 0 in order to call it domination. I just want them to move the ball against the Jets easily and sustain scoring drives and ultimately win the game.

Yes, you are right. I used the score as a metaphor for a very dominating performance. One that I felt we had control of most of the game. That we really dominated. The score could end up being 27 - 17 and I could feel that way. I just need something to give me hope. Squeaking out a win against the Jets at home def won't make me feel good.

Assuming they lose tonite - a big if! - I'll probably conclude that they're on the path to 4-12 / 5-11. The schedule is too hard and given the likelihood of an 0-4 start, I just don't see them rallying. Hope I'm wrong. Tonight's game is super-important, but I don't see an objective observer could pick the Bills in this game. You'd have to bank on a Fitz meltdown, which is of course possible.

Edited by dave mcbride

Assuming they lose tonite - a big if! - I'll probably conclude that they're on the path to 4-12 / 5-11. The schedule is too hard and given the likelihood of an 0-4 start, I just see them rallying. Hope I'm wrong. Tonight's game is super-important, but I don't see an objective observer could pick the Bills in this game. You'd have to bank on a Fitz meltdown, which is of course possible.

as for the game, I figure the Jets go very conservative and let their D shine. Don't give fitzy too many chances to screw it up.