Is Russ Brandon to Blame?

Dorkington

I find it odd that so many people seem to defend Russ Brandon when his name comes up for possible criticism.

He had a big part, I would argue a very big part, in the hiring of Buddy Nix, Doug Whaley, Chan Gailey, Doug Marrone and Rex Ryan.

We know for a fact that Russ Brandon was one of three people in the rooms to interview both Doug Marrone and Rex Ryan. He has been an integral part in the hires of head coaches that seem to have an allergy to passing the football. The head coaches he has hired also love to punt on 4th and 1 from the 50 yard line. The last 2 coaches he's had a big part in hiring love the idea of running the football, punting, and playing the field position battle. So please let's not act like on Sundays when we watch an incompetent offense and a painfully conservative, risk averse coaching staff that it has nothing to do with Russ Brandon. It most certainly does.

Do not fool yourself........Russ Brandon has the ear of Terry and Kim Pegula. I've attended many home and away games, and I've seen with my own eyes the relationshop between Russ and the owners. Who is the one who leads both Terry and Kim out onto the field? Who is the one that introduces them to NFL owners, broadcasters, announcers and the like? Who is the one who's gotten a huge promotion and his role expanded under the leadership of the Pegulas? It's Russ Brandon folks.

I think being critical of Russ Brandon is not only fair I think it's totally warranted. I've been looking forward to the day for a long time that he's relieved of his duties in Buffalo. I was hopeful that day was near when the Pegulas first took over ownership. Unfortunately, the exact opposite happened. The Pegulas leaned on Russ Brandon big time in their first search of a head coach, and then double downed and handed him a big time promotion. I hope they realize their mistake sooner than later, but it appears we will have to endure many more losing seasons before anything happens.

See Post # 108 above.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marrone was not a good appointment, independent of anything. He is a horrible human being.

He is a horrible human being. I didn't think he was a horrible head coach. He overplayed his hand, no doubt, but I think we would be further along had he not been an idiot and walked out.

I find it odd that so many people seem to defend Russ Brandon when his name comes up for possible criticism.

He had a big part, I would argue a very big part, in the hiring of Buddy Nix, Doug Whaley, Chan Gailey, Doug Marrone and Rex Ryan.

We know for a fact that Russ Brandon was one of three people in the rooms to interview both Doug Marrone and Rex Ryan. He has been an integral part in the hires of head coaches that seem to have an allergy to passing the football. The head coaches he has hired also love to punt on 4th and 1 from the 50 yard line. The last 2 coaches he's had a big part in hiring love the idea of running the football, punting, and playing the field position battle. So please let's not act like on Sundays when we watch an incompetent offense and a painfully conservative, risk averse coaching staff that it has nothing to do with Russ Brandon. It most certainly does.

Do not fool yourself........Russ Brandon has the ear of Terry and Kim Pegula. I've attended many home and away games, and I've seen with my own eyes the relationshop between Russ and the owners. Who is the one who leads both Terry and Kim out onto the field? Who is the one that introduces them to NFL owners, broadcasters, announcers and the like? Who is the one who's gotten a huge promotion and his role expanded under the leadership of the Pegulas? It's Russ Brandon folks.

I think being critical of Russ Brandon is not only fair I think it's totally warranted. I've been looking forward to the day for a long time that he's relieved of his duties in Buffalo. I was hopeful that day was near when the Pegulas first took over ownership. Unfortunately, the exact opposite happened. The Pegulas leaned on Russ Brandon big time in their first search of a head coach, and then double downed and handed him a big time promotion. I hope they realize their mistake sooner than later, but it appears we will have to endure many more losing seasons before anything happens.

I agree... Amazing that people come out of the woodwork to defend. Almost as if these people worked in the multi media department of a PR firm and are paid to shape the conversation regarding Brandon. It is 2016 nothing would surprise me.

It's a fruitless effort to try to reach the Brandonites. In the past I've likened it to deprogramming a Scientologist.

What Brandon does, and is very good at, has absolutely nothing to do with the product on the field.

If anything, the man should get a raise for being so successful at selling this garbage through the years

You honestly believe this? Hiring the head coach has no relation to the product on the field? :rolleyes:

What Brandon does, and is very good at, has absolutely nothing to do with the product on the field.

If anything, the man should get a raise for being so successful at selling this garbage through the years

Please cite an example of what he's done to improve ticket sales that a monkey sitting in a chair couldn't do.

Please cite an example of what he's done to improve ticket sales that a monkey sitting in a chair couldn't do.

Yet his career trajectory is very impressive. Wonder why that is?

Man, only this place...

Most fan bases will go after the players, coaches, GM and even the owner. But Bills fans? The Marketing Man Must Go!!!!!!!

:lol:

Selling the Bills to the Rabid Weatern New York football fan is like being the only one having the concession to sell water in the desert.

PT Barnum aka Brandon was a marketing/PR whiz kid, and used his former position to move up the company ladder to Team President of the Bills AND Sabres. Pretty quick and sudden climb.

I wonder if he was able to con Pegula into a small percentage of the team much like Larry Quinn did with former Sabres owner Tom Golisano? Wouldn't surprise me one bit if it did happen.

Maybe Brandon staying was a condition that Ralph insisted on before he would sell the team.

Yet his career trajectory is very impressive. Wonder why that is?Man, only this place...

Most fan bases will go after the players, coaches, GM and even the owner. But Bills fans? The Marketing Man Must Go!!!!!!!

:lol:

You didn't even list one thing. We're waiting.

Yet his career trajectory is very impressive. Wonder why that is?

Man, only this place...

Yeah, the "Marketing Man" typically sits in on coaching interviews. I guess the tooth fairy hired Doug Marrone?

Yeah, the "Marketing Man" typically sits in on coaching interviews. I guess the tooth fairy hired Doug Marrone?

Must be great that he is always able to slink back to the "Im only the marketing man" making him completely unaccountable for any foot ball decisions he may have been involved in.