Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? NO!

So far I'm still with Bluto here...that was only 1 game..way too early to write off the season and the team...yet

I was pretty excited in the early off season with the re-signings we made...but losing our top 2 draft picks in the summer did kill some of that enthusiasm...plus the league suspensions...plus that first game didn't display much to be excited about. But the D did play well...lets see what happens here on Thursday night first.

And I do get the frustration people have....especially the loyal season ticket holders...you all commit more time and money making the games in person as opposed to us who watch on TV and make maybe 1 game per year.

If the stars align I can see this team challenging for a wildcard...I can also see this season ending like a dumpster fire. Even tho I feel like we're presently closer to the latter, I will still be cheering for the Bills week in and week out.

The way I see it we either end up challenging for a wildcard, (which will be fun to watch and show progress) or we will fall short and Pegs will clean house over the off-season (which will also be interesting to see unfold and be relative progress too).

Is is an entertaining little thread tho...made me laugh a few times :lol:

The Bills get no respect I tell ya, no respect at all.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The definition of a troll:

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.
Isn't that what you did by indicating that we will lose on Thursday? Poked the sleeping bear?
I'm not saying that you're not entitled to your opinion, but I was trying to lighten it up, revive people's spirits after a tough loss.
You come along and put the smackdown on it. Did it make you feel better?
If you feel like venting your spleen, why not open a thread about it yourself?

Bit sensitive & overdramatic aren't you?

I do too. I am now setting my sights firmly on the traditional annual post "who should the bills draft next year?" Usually that post happens in early October but my guess is it will happen after we lose to the Jets Thursday.

Personally, I always look forward to the October "we're a couple plays away from being 5-2" thread.

The ending was funny.

If you think that game was " a more lackluster, incompetent performance from my Buffalo Bills than I saw yesterday, on offense, as coaches, and for player discipline.", you must not remember the 2-14 seasons (I don't blame you , but the video of the 2 guys in the upper deck doing the wave is stuck in my memory.

I also didn't use the best grammatical construction. Perhaps if I wrote "a more lackluster, incompetent performance on offense, from coaches, and for player discipline from my Buffalo Bills" it would make more sense. The D played decently, overall.

Upon reflection, I'm sure there were about 4 games a season in the 2-14 years and 3 or so in the 3-14 year that were as bad. Part of the difference in perception is me I'm sure: when Joe Ferguson threw a 5 INT game, I thought he was a bum and didn't have enough football chops at the time to see maybe it was a desperate man's response to no OL or that poor WR play had some impact. Still, I perceive those teams as having about 5 or 6 players who were legit NFL quality starters out of 22. I perceive today's Bills as having 7 or 8 legit NFL quality starters just on offense, not counting Taylor who still gets a "?". The other 2 or 3 should be able to be worked around.

So my expectations are higher, yet the performance was just as bad.

To me that makes the incompetence level higher.

Personally, I always look forward to the October "we're a couple plays away from being 5-2" thread.

Yes that is a good one too, not to be out done by the post right around Halloween "Is there any franchise QBs available in the upcoming draft?"

If the point of this thread is that the Bills were about as well prepared for the Ravens, as the Pearl Harbor Navel Base was for a massive Japanese air assault in December of 1941, then I would have to agree.

No, they were as well prepared for the Ravens, as the Pearl Harbor Naval Base was for a massive GERMAN air assault in December of 1941!

Most of the players on this team were less than 10 years old when this drought started.

Should we blame them? Should we blame anyone?

Why not just accept it and move on. Why pin al of our disappointments on these young men?

How about the Ryans? How long have they been here?

We are lucky to have a team in order to have this discussion. Just ask the fans who have lost their team.

The fact that they dropped their first game on the road is not reason to give up hope.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I still have a team to root for. A reason to watch the game with more than a passing interest.

If I felt like you, I'd go hiking or something on Sundays.

This has nothing to do with the players ages during the drought. It has more to do with an organization that just cant get it right. Your welcome to do whatever you want to do. BTW my seniority as a season ticket holder is 318, yes- since incubation my friend. Im not satisfied anymore with just having a team or almost making the playoffs. We hired the wrong coach, again! In ten weeks lets discuss this further. I will be at the game on Thursday cheering our team on but my expectations are low.

I like the preseason posts like 'The experts are picking us to be 6-10. The experts just follow our history, they don't know this team like we do. They don't see how much we improved over the off-season. They don't watch training camps like we do. The experts are idiots'.

You know, I can't speak for anyone else. I can only speak for myself, and I'm no teen poster. Just ask my teenager, she'll be happy to vouch for my antidiluvian status. I started watching Bills games with my Grandfather in 1965 (probably earlier, but I don't remember 'em). I remember the AFC championship and the AFC loss. I remember the long slide into mediocrity. I remember the early '80s when it looked like we had something, the back-to-back 2-14 seasons in the mid-'80s, and the glory and heartbreak of the days when we were the team to beat in the AFC East and the Pats** were the lowly Patsies and we went to playoffs and 4 successive Superbowls, and lost every one. I remember the days when OJ could have walked from the airport to the Rockpile on raised hands a la Crocodile Dundee if he'd wanted to, he was that big in our town. I remember the horror of 2001 when the Bills went 3-13 and Alex Van Pelt was our top QB, over Rob Johnson.

And I don't remember a more lackluster, incompetent performance from my Buffalo Bills than I saw yesterday, on offense, as coaches, and for player discipline. Plain and simple - it stunk. And it was presumably the best case for a rose-scented odor, since they had all summer to prepare.

See the silver lining. See the pretty pink cloud. I'm all for you. I admire you, even though I can no longer be you. Yes, Hopeful is transformed to Hapless Fan.

But HOW DARE YOU impugn or minimize the fanhood and experience of those who were totally flummoxed by yesterday as 'teens'? HOW DARE YOU?

That is all.

Now all of you kids, Get Off My Lawn.

I guess they don't teach what recency bias is in old people school.