Is Shady McCoy Ready for a Big 2016?

26CornerBlitz

Notebook: LeSean McCoy headed into 2016 healthy – and hungry

CqVY6AMWYAEnU87-1024x962.jpg

The Buffalo Bills are about to find out if LeSean McCoy can still be the franchise running back they’re paying him to be.

The team accomplished its No. 1 goal with McCoy this preseason – keeping him healthy – and hopes that translates into an ability to handle the bulk of the rushing load in 2016.

“Right now, he looks to be in phenomenal shape,” offensive coordinator Greg Roman said Thursday. “He’s worked hard all throughout training camp, so that's just something we have to have a feel for as we go. I don't think you can answer that right now, because he looks great.”

mccoy-9-8-feature.jpg

By his own standards, LeSean McCoy underachieved in 2015 due mainly to a recurring hamstring problem. Determined to reestablish himself as an elite playmaker, McCoy trained as hard as ever in the offseason for the 2016 campaign.

LeSean McCoy: "Everybody Has Bought In" (5:59)
RB LeSean McCoy talks about being healthy to start the season, the vibe surrounding the offense in year two of the same system, making big plays and more.

I hope so, I drafted him in the second round of my fantasy league hoping for a productive year out of him. I liked what I saw of him in preseason and by all reports he is in great condition. I had good luck with my Bills last year in my league let's hope for two in a row! Go Bills!!!