seantrel Henderson facing 4 game suspension

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be the steroids, my guess. Common for treating the inflammation for Crohns.

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like it was marijuana.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

#Bills OT Seantrel Henderson tested positive for marijuana, source said, which can be used to help deal with pain for his Crohn's disease.

Did he have a medical card? Does that matter to the NFL?

Why not? The feds are ignoring all of the medicinal and recreational activity that's going on in the various states that allow usage.

To an extent they are. Awhile back there were rumors of raids set to take place in California. That was years ago.

It's all political. Because of its schedule 1 status ( no proven medical benefit)

In the eyes of the feds. It must Remain an all cash business. Those pot shops in Colorado can't even deposit money into legal

Accounts. really i think this is a long way off for the league. The legal issues are huge, i just don't see the NFL beng groundbreakers

On this when the government claims there is no medical benefit from weed. IF those idiots would at least change that staus or until

Weed is taken off schedule 1 nothing will move forward from a fed point of view. I think this is years away.

***I'm thinking that this isn't the first time he's been caught? For a first offense it's a 1 game suspension, the second time is 4 games and the third time is a season long suspension. Can someone clarify this for me if I'm wrong***

I have a weird feeling that he was busted earlier this offseason

Edited by Jawn Legend

To an extent they are. Awhile back there were rumors of raids set to take place in California. That was years ago.

It's all political. Because of its schedule 1 status ( no proven medical benefit)

In the eyes of the feds. It must Remain an all cash business. Those pot shops in Colorado can't even deposit money into legal

Accounts. really i think this is a long way off for the league. The legal issues are huge, i just don't see the NFL beng groundbreakers

On this when the government claims there is no medical benefit from weed. IF those idiots would at least change that staus or until

Weed is taken off schedule 1 nothing will move forward from a fed point of view. I think this is years away.

You may well be correct, but the schedule 1 status makes no sense at all to me.

Law enforcement outfits and prisons get a ton of funding (and in the case of some prisons, serious profits) off of weed being illegal. Plus, it's a convenient excuse to lock up minorities and dissidents. I don't see things changing in the next few years - maybe in a couple of decades.

***I'm thinking that this isn't the first time he's been caught? For a first offense it's a 1 game suspension, the second time is 4 games and the third time is a season long suspension. Can someone clarify this for me if I'm wrong***

He has weed issues in College and failed a test at the NFL Combine. That put him in the program with random testing. I believe your 1st strike puts you in the program and a failed/missed test after that gets you 4 games.

im pretty sure his combine failure is his first.

its actually 1st offense gets you tested regularly, 2nd offense is a fine, 3rd offense is 4 games.

so either this is his second positive since he was drafted, or its possible this was PED (maybe considered treatment for putting on weight) which is 4 games first offense.

He has weed issues in College and failed a test at the NFL Combine. That put him in the program with random testing. I believe your 1st strike puts you in the program and a failed/missed test after that gets you 4 games.

im pretty sure his combine failure is his first.

its actually 1st offense gets you tested regularly, 2nd offense is a fine, 3rd offense is 4 games.

so either this is his second positive since he was drafted, or its possible this was PED (maybe considered treatment for putting on weight) which is 4 games first offense.

Ohh ok ok, thanks for the clarification guys! I really wasn't too sure but I knew the first time wasn't four games. As unfortunate as this is due to his condition, it's really just an irresponsible move on his part. He has to know better.

But what if you call it cannabis instead of weed, pot or marijuana? That makes it sound medical.

Nobody even knows what substance got Henderson suspended but the pot defenders are out in full force. That was predicate lee.

And it is impossible to not feel for Henderson. Crohn's is a tough deal and whether it was prescribed legal steroids, self medicating by giving in to his addiction, or anything in between, it's pretty clear that his condition drove this.

As they always are. Look, I voted for the medical marijuana initiative in my state. (By the way, I also believe we should legalize it and treat it exactly like alcohol.) It passed. It was sold to the voters as something that would be used by those with truly serious medical afflictions - chemo nausea, maybe some severe chronic pain conditions. And we all know what happened over time - it was exactly the slippery slope program that the moralist scolds warned us it was. Anyone and everyone could get a medical marijuana "recommendation" from a doctor. So why don't we have exemptions for things like Crohn's Disease sufferers who live in states where medical use (or use in general) is legal? Well, because the NFL knows that any exemption for any specific condition would open the floodgates, and the exception would swallow the rule. The "pot defenders" need to own this. Their strategy worked in making marijuana more acceptable to the public and to state legislatures, and no doubt soon at the federal level. But in the interim, we have to admit that that strategy came at a price, and that price was sacrificing any logical approach to marijuana use by entities such as the NFL.