and Skurski Throws in the towel as well

8-8 Forever?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well , three strikes and you're out. Gaughan, Sully and Skurski have 'em .500 or worse... lame. my cat can throw a 8-8 prediction out there (and I don't even have a cat)

I've been a Bills fan for over 45 years now...And to say I'm no fan of the BN is quite possibly the understatement of the century....Bu I really don't know why you're looking for optimism in the media this year...Sure 8-8 may be a little lazy...But this year, to be perfectly honest, I think it's fair...Maybe even a little wishful...

This team has talent...no question...But Lawson and Ragland were MASSIVE pieces of the get-good-fast puzzle...And it's looking like we're going to get 8 games total out of those two at best...TT has to take the next step and it's not a given whatsoever...The Bills still do not have a WR threat that is going to make teams think twice about blanket covering Sammy...The depth on this roster is brutal...And our best Defensive player is going to miss the first 4 games...

Who knows? Maybe they overachieve...Maybe TT takes that next step and gets control of this Offense in the 4th Quarter with games on the line...Maybe Sammy takes that next step into the Julio Jones category...Maybe Rex can take a lot of rag-tag pieces and field a consistent Top 10 Defense...Maybe...

But I think...with all the maybe's...8-8 is more than fair as a prediction this year... B-)

Its NOT a reasonable pick.....that damn team picks BEFORE us in the draft every year

It is the double standard BS that drives most of us nuts

But I thought the past 10 years don't mean anything, right?

Plus, all Sully predicted was that the Jags would win the south, not that they will be better than the Bills, although that's certainly possible.

Edited by mannc

I've been a Bills fan for over 45 years now...And to say I'm no fan of the BN is quite possibly the understatement of the century....Bu I really don't know why you're looking for optimism in the media this year...Sure 8-8 may be a little lazy...But this year, to be perfectly honest, I think it's fair...Maybe even a little wishful...

This team has talent...no question...But Lawson and Ragland were MASSIVE pieces of the get-good-fast puzzle...And it's looking like we're going to get 8 games total out of those two at best...TT has to take the next step and it's not a given whatsoever...The Bills still do not have a WR threat that is going to make teams think twice about blanket covering Sammy...The depth on this roster is brutal...And our best Defensive player is going to miss the first 4 games...

Who knows? Maybe they overachieve...Maybe TT takes that next step and gets control of this Offense in the 4th Quarter with games on the line...Maybe Sammy takes that next step into the Julio Jones category...Maybe Rex can take a lot of rag-tag pieces and field a consistent Top 10 Defense...Maybe...

But I think...with all the maybe's...8-8 is more than fair as a prediction this year... B-)

Personally....I dont have a problem with anyone's 8-8 prediction.....but a couple of things

- This team will go as far as a franchise QB takes them....and if Tyrod is that guy? We are going to win games.

- I fully expect our offense to be even better then last year

- Our D had talent before last years failure happened.......so when I look at Ragland and Lawson? I look at pieces that could take us even further into the playoffs NEXT year. I thought that the losses of Ragland and Lawson happened early enough in camp to allow for the team to adjust to them not being there and I thought Whaley did a good job in acting quickly for replacements. Keep in mind that Bierman....an NFL starter for many years was not good enough to unseat the players we now have.

We need to win game 1......and get it rolling. That is where i am at

But I thought the past 10 years don't mean anything, right?

Plus, all Sully predicted was that the Jags would win the south, not that they will be better than the Bills, although that's certainly possible.

Once again....that is a double standard view. We went 4-2 in our division last year.

Really?

We were so beat to **** in that game......how many starters out? And literally one horrible ref call away from winning it.

I cant even believe you brought that up as if the jags are a better team then the bills

So a loss on a neutral field doesn't count because...injuries. Got it. And yet the Bills' head-to-head victories over the Jets are endlessly cited as evidence that we were the better team, despite winning 2 less games. Talk about a double standard...

So a loss on a neutral field doesn't count because...injuries. Got it. And yet the Bills' head-to-head victories over the Jets are endlessly cited as evidence that we were the better team, despite winning 2 less games. Talk about a double standard...

Haven't seen a prediction from a member yet that has the Jets beating us in week 2. Seems strange, we beat them twice last year - once with an injured Fitz and once when Fitz was in prime choking mode. I think they are going to come to BLO with a purpose in week 2 and it's to early in the season for Fitz to melt.

So much wrong with this.....but its just not worth the time to explain it to you.

Haven't seen a prediction from a member yet that has the Jets beating us in week 2. Seems strange, we beat them twice last year - once with an injured Fitz and once when Fitz was in prime choking mode. I think they are going to come to BLO with a purpose in week 2 and it's to early in the season for Fitz to melt.

I picked the bills to start 0-4.

Do you truly think Russ Brandon has say on roster cuts in this current organization?

Just because he books the room doesnt mean he has say on cuts

To me the difference between 8 wins and 10 wins is health at key positions......its only a 2 game swing

The bolded are the predictions I would really like you to come back and exp

Loss to Raven - Just don't think Rex will have them ready for game 1 on the road; lost to Patriots - while they'll be without Brady, I think they're the better team; Loss to 49er's - that the annual "crap the bed" game that the Bills seem to have every year. Last year it was Jax.....Listen, I hope I'm wrong, but until they prove otherwise, 7-9, 9-7, it's all the same....

Loss to Raven - Just don't think Rex will have them ready for game 1 on the road; lost to Patriots - while they'll be without Brady, I think they're the better team; Loss to 49er's - that the annual "crap the bed" game that the Bills seem to have every year. Last year it was Jax.....Listen, I hope I'm wrong, but until they prove otherwise, 7-9, 9-7, it's all the same....

Thank you for explaining your prediction

- There is no reason to think Rex cannot have them ready......we beat the colts in game one of last season (pretty soundly) so there is not a precident of the team not being ready for the first game....really does not matter home or away.

- I am not sure the pats are as good as half the league without brady....Grappalo is horrible

- The niners are such a disfunctional team they will have a hard time not beating themselves...the bills are a FAR more talented team

Rex is 6-1 in season opening games in his career as an NFL HC. Now what?

Thank you for explaining your prediction

- There is no reason to think Rex cannot have them ready......we beat the colts in game one of last season (pretty soundly) so there is not a precident of the team not being ready for the first game....really does not matter home or away.

- I am not sure the pats are as good as half the league without brady....Grappalo is horrible

- The niners are such a disfunctional team they will have a hard time not beating themselves...the bills are a FAR more talented team

But JFH talent doesn't mean anything when it comes to the Bills - I've watched them since 1965 when i was 5 years old and the team meant the world to me and lots of other little WNYer's.....Again, I really hope I'm wrong, but I don't see this team making the playoffs. Sure, they may go 8-8 or even 9-7, but so what? Maybe in a year or two they get a road wild card game and lose....will that make anyone here happy? Maybe for a week or two, sure....

I sincerely doubt that.

But JFH talent doesn't mean anything when it comes to the Bills - I've watched them since 1965 when i was 5 years old and the team meant the world to me and lots of other little WNYer's.....Again, I really hope I'm wrong, but I don't see this team making the playoffs. Sure, they may go 8-8 or even 9-7, but so what? Maybe in a year or two they get a road wild card game and lose....will that make anyone here happy? Maybe for a week or two, sure....

Oh my.....your issues are deeper then I thought......I would totally buy you a beer after that cuz u need it.

9 and 7 is not out the realm of possiblity in your mind.....one more win probably gets us to the playoffs even if it is a wild card

Once your in the playoffs....anything can happen.

And yes...it takes more then talent.....I think it takes scheme fit....talent.....avoiding the injury bug.....and....well....luck

Lets get to 10-6 and see what happens

Whether they make the playoffs this year or not has nothing to do with what happened in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004.........

They will succeed or not on their relative strengths or weaknesses in comparison to that of their opponents in 2016. Nothing more or less. This 16 years spiel is nonsense IMO.

Rex is 6-1 in season opening games in his career as an NFL HC. Now what?

Appreciate the irony.

On one hand past seasons are not indicative of present results, except when it is.

If you're going to sit there on your high horse disparaging others maybe a little consistency on your part might actually make your point respectable.