and Skurski Throws in the towel as well

8-8 Forever?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is with this "throwing in the towel" garbage I keep seeing? Since when are reporters supposed to actively cheer a team? They're supposed to report and sometimes give opinions (depending on the piece.) They aren't fans and to expect them to be is nieve to say the least.

What is with this "throwing in the towel" garbage I keep seeing? Since when are reporters supposed to actively cheer a team? They're supposed to report and sometimes give opinions (depending on the piece.) They aren't fans and to expect them to be is nieve to say the least.

Haven't you heard, they are supposed to say at least 10-6 and playoffs. If they don't they are hacks. Saying what they really think will not be tolerated, particularly if it is in the range of what the Bills have done for the last 16 years.

Haven't you heard, they are supposed to say at least 10-6 and playoffs. If they don't they are hacks. Saying what they really think will not be tolerated, particularly if it is in the range of what the Bills have done for the last 16 years.

Ah yes! 16 years. That means everything in 2016.

Ah yes! 16 years. That means everything in 2016.

And last year it was "Ah yes! 15 years. That means everything in 2015." right, and the year before that ... :)

Hey it's preseason, time to drink the koolaid if you so choose. But not everyone chooses to is all. And reporters shouldn't, in my opinion.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Then you should give up because by your logic the cycle never ends since it's all connected and predetermined. Why even bother?

Bother to what? Grabbing a beer, flipping on the TV and spending 3 hours a week watching a game? He doesnt have to believe the team will be good to enjoy doing those things.

Then you should give up because by your logic the cycle never ends since it's all connected and predetermined. Why even bother?

Someday they have to break out of it. The drafting system of the NFL is designed such that 16 year playoff droughts shouldn't happen in the first place. But I don't see it this year, journalists (ignoring Sully who would probably find a way to piss on a 16-0 season) might not either.

Bother to what? Grabbing a beer, flipping on the TV and spending 3 hours a week watching a game? He doesnt have to believe the team will be good to enjoy doing those things.

Enjoying a hopeless endeavor with a team destined to lose forever because of what happened in the past. OK. :thumbsup:

75 minutes for me usually, I record and strip out commercials and halftime and watch witht he family during dinner (PS 4:00 games suck!) ;)

Edited by CodeMonkey

Someday they have to break out of it. The drafting system of the NFL is designed such that 16 year playoff droughts shouldn't happen in the first place. But I don't see it this year, journalists (ignoring Sully who would probably find a way to piss on a 16-0 season) might not either.

Whether they make the playoffs this year or not has nothing to do with what happened in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004.........

They will succeed or not on their relative strengths or weaknesses in comparison to that of their opponents in 2016. Nothing more or less. This 16 years spiel is nonsense IMO.

Enjoying a hopeless endeavor with a team destined to lose forever because of what happened in the past. OK. :thumbsup:

You said hopeless not me. I just don't see it this season, but someday it has to happen. Pretty simple actually if your head isn't clouded by too much emotion.

Edited by CodeMonkey

[quote name="26CornerBlitz" post="4029324" timestamp="1472998892

This 16 years spiel is nonsense IMO.

Have you had seasons for 16 years, buy 2 plane tickets 6-8 times a year to see the team play Then fly back on Monday AM's?

because if you did than yea the "16 year spiel" is far from nonsense.