Let's Just Go Get Josh Gordon

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I would not trade for him...too risky. However, this is a good step for him to realize he needs this. The Browns have nothing to lose being patient with him given they have waited this long, so if this kid recognizes he needs the help, wants the help, and is going out and getting the help then I would think this would be a good thing for the Browns to see this from him.

Then again, who knows, maybe they are just tired of it, but given they have been this patient with him, I would think they would let this play out for himself as well. Now if there is a looming suspension, which at this time there is no known issues or suspensions coming, that would be a different situation.

TBH I doubt he ever plays again. He most likely will never be as good anymore.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3rd round which can turn into a second.

Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon announced Thursday that he’ll enter an in-patient treatment facility and that his NFL return is on hold.

Screw it, just say no.

screw it say yes!

He should be a bargain later in the season. Trade them a UDFA from 2017 !?!

Whaley has a spy on this i bet.

If I told you that the pats had 14 players from the browns 2013 roster (all not named Josh Gordon) and had started two qbs (neither named Brady) -- and were still the class of the division, you'd probably want to slap me.

What a weird league. Gotta sting for browns fans.

Edited by NoSaint

TBH I doubt he ever plays again. He most likely will never be as good anymore.

I wouldn't be surprised, but also not yet ready to say that personally. I mean Cris Carter looked like he was done after Philly and went on to get his life straight and made the HOF, so you never know. But its definitely going to a be a long road back, but he's young enough and talented enough to still turn it around and hopefully for him this step he chose to take helps him right the ship.

If I told you that the pats had 14 players from the browns 2013 roster (all not named Josh Gordon) and had started two qbs (neither named Brady) -- and were still the class of the division, you'd probably want to slap me.

What a weird league. Gotta sting for browns fans.

Please tell me you heard this tidbit someplace.

It is pretty crazy!

and hasn't done anything in 3 years.

Yeah......we wouldn't want to waste a near minimum contract roster space......we might miss our window of opportunity and have to wait another 20 years for it to come back. :lol:

You also didn't want to take a chance on a ridiculous longshot WR named Terrell Pryor.

Yeah......we wouldn't want to waste a near minimum contract roster space......we might miss our window of opportunity and have to wait another 20 years for it to come back. :lol:

You also didn't want to take a chance on a ridiculous longshot WR named Terrell Pryor.

I would save the roster spot for someone who can actually get on the field.

i think you have the wrong poster... I'm the only one who did want Pryor at WR as far back as 2015 before he even officially made the switch.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/178164-now-is-the-time-to-sign-terrell-pryor-as-a-pass-catcher/?fromsearch=1

Edited by YoloinOhio

i think you have the wrong poster... I'm the only one who did want Pryor at WR as far back as 2015 before he even officially made the switch.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/178164-now-is-the-time-to-sign-terrell-pryor-as-a-pass-catcher/?fromsearch=1

No, I know very well that you are part of the Urban Liar fan club.

Just making my point. :beer:

Pryor was about the 100th former QB to try to transition to WR and TE and fail.........and then, it came together and he made it.

There was almost no risk taking a chance on the guy when he was floating out there in limbo.........and the last 6 guys on your roster are inactive.........and you have 10 guys on a PS.......but nobody wanted to take a chance on a guy with THAT much talent?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Gordon is a monster on the field but very well liked(aside from baby momma's) off of it.

He's got a chance.

I don't think it's over........it wasn't over after Randy Moss put up his worst numbers at about the same age and then went on to put up almost 50 TD's in three years in NE.

As a fan, my opinion is that the only way to take this division away from NE is by sheer force of talent.....the same way they did in the late 80's when they took the division away from Shula...........so the Bills don't have the option to half-step with their roster.