All the Cuts in one place...

DrDawkinstein

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than Lawson, I'm a little surprised by Dez Lewis. And I think that one might be a bit short-sighted, since I think the positive difference in chances of "winning now" between having Powell on the roster vs. Lewis tiny, whereas Lewis still has a chance to be a significant contributor in the future. But such is the nature of a coach and GM trying to save their jobs ...

Not me. He did nothing in preseason and they gave him plenty of opportunities.

Other than Lawson, I'm a little surprised by Dez Lewis. And I think that one might be a bit short-sighted, since I think the positive difference in chances of "winning now" between having Powell on the roster vs. Lewis tiny, whereas Lewis still has a chance to be a significant contributor in the future. But such is the nature of a coach and GM trying to save their jobs ...

By most accounts Lewis underperformed all camp

Neither is worthy of a roster spot IMO.

I think O'Leary adds something the Bills don't currently have - a bigger receiver to maybe give them some semblance of a passing game over the middle. I can't say I've seen enough of him to rate his blocking skills, but reports aren't very promising on that front. Still, when Gragg went down I think it was O'Leary's job to lose, and to his credit he not only didn't lose it, he actually went out and grabbed it yesterday.

I think O'Leary adds something the Bills don't currently have - a bigger receiver to maybe give them some semblance of a passing game over the middle. I can't say I've seen enough of him to rate his blocking skills, but reports aren't very promising on that front. Still, when Gragg went down I think it was O'Leary's job to lose, and to his credit he not only didn't lose it, he actually went out and grabbed it yesterday.

I think they'll play Gronk at TE before they play O'Leary.

With the Special Teams shift from WR (Easley) to Safety the Bills kept SIX Safeties!

33 Anderson, Colt S 5-10 195 30 7 Montana

26 Blanton, Robert S 6-1 200 26 5 Notre Dame

20 Graham, Corey S 6-0 196 31 10 New Hampshire

36 Meeks, Jonathan S 6-0 209 26 3 Clemson

23 Williams, Aaron S 6-0 199 26 6 Texas

27 Williams, Duke S 5-11 201 25 4 Nevada

It was a position of desperate need last year. Don't see any dramatic improvements though. Incremental, may be. Depends on whether new guys can step in or whether holdovers will develop.

With the Special Teams shift from WR (Easley) to Safety the Bills kept SIX Safeties!

33 Anderson, Colt S 5-10 195 30 7 Montana

26 Blanton, Robert S 6-1 200 26 5 Notre Dame

20 Graham, Corey S 6-0 196 31 10 New Hampshire

36 Meeks, Jonathan S 6-0 209 26 3 Clemson

23 Williams, Aaron S 6-0 199 26 6 Texas

27 Williams, Duke S 5-11 201 25 4 Nevada

With Aaron Williams one hit away from a frontal lobotomy, not surprising. I'm more than a little surprised that Meeks is still here.

:lol: Love it!

Runner up was Elvis "Toast" Patterson to Sammy "Toast" Seamster.