Luckily Baltimore is having the same pre-season as we are

I have a good friend who is a Ravens fan and we've been trash talking. I do think that they are bouncing back a bit. They shouldn't be as bad as last year.

But their best receiver, by far, is Steve Smith, who is questionable. Perriman may be ready to go Week 1, but we don't know if he will get any preseason snaps befire then. Their third best is an aging Mike Wallace. I will take Shady over Forsett when they are healthy, so if it's a grind out like our chances.

I remember at least a couple. One overthrown to the sideline of the EZ. Another under pressure that didn't even make it to Watkins. They were tough plays and not good indicators of chemistry level.

Was there two? I thought I remember 2 as well, but looking back at the play by play:

• 1st and 10 at BUF 25

(15:00 - 1st) (Shotgun) R.Bush left tackle to BUF 32 for 7 yards (B.Breeland, K.Golston)

• 2nd and 3 at BUF 32

(14:27 - 1st) R.Bush right end to BUF 35 for 3 yards (M.Foster)

• 1st and 10 at BUF 35

(13:50 - 1st) (Shotgun) T.Taylor sacked at BUF 33 for -2 yards (E.Hood)

• 2nd and 12 at BUF 33

(13:06 - 1st) (Shotgun) T.Taylor pass incomplete short right to R.Bush [P.Smith]

• 3rd and 12 at BUF 33

(13:01 - 1st) (Shotgun) T.Taylor pass short right to J.Williams to BUF 35 for 2 yards (E.Hood, S.Cravens)

• 4th and 10 at BUF 35

(12:26 - 1st) C.Schmidt punts 47 yards to WAS 18, Center-G.Sanborn, out of bounds

• 1st and 10 at WSH 31

(10:52 - 1st) R.Bush right end to WAS 24 for 7 yards (M.Foster)

• 2nd and 3 at WSH 24

(10:18 - 1st) T.Taylor pass short middle to J.Dray to WAS 15 for 9 yards (M.Foster, W.Compton)

• 1st and 10 at WSH 15

(9:43 - 1st) (Shotgun) T.Taylor pass incomplete short left to S.Watkins

• 2nd and 10 at WSH 15

(9:38 - 1st) T.Taylor up the middle to WAS 10 for 5 yards (K.Golston)

• 3rd and 5 at WSH 10

(8:55 - 1st) (Shotgun) T.Taylor pass incomplete short middle to R.Woods

• 4th and 5 at WSH 10

(8:49 - 1st) D.Carpenter 28 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-G.Sanborn, Holder-C.Schmidt

Even two though.....

Edited by What a Tuel

I have a good friend who is a Ravens fan and we've been trash talking. I do think that they are bouncing back a bit. They shouldn't be as bad as last year.

But their best receiver, by far, is Steve Smith, who is questionable. Perriman may be ready to go Week 1, but we don't know if he will get any preseason snaps befire then. Their third best is an aging Mike Wallace. I will take Shady over Forsett when they are healthy, so if it's a grind out like our chances.

Sounds like they got lucky with Dixon's injury.

Kamar Aiken is in the mix there too

I'm not sure chemistry means what you think it means? Nobody could come away from ten plays and two targets with any true indication of "chemistry" between Tyrod and Sammy.

Did you even read what I wrote?

Was there two? I thought I remember 2 as well, but looking back at the play by play:

• 1st and 10 at BUF 25

(15:00 - 1st) (Shotgun) R.Bush left tackle to BUF 32 for 7 yards (B.Breeland, K.Golston)

• 2nd and 3 at BUF 32

(14:27 - 1st) R.Bush right end to BUF 35 for 3 yards (M.Foster)

• 1st and 10 at BUF 35

(13:50 - 1st) (Shotgun) T.Taylor sacked at BUF 33 for -2 yards (E.Hood)

• 2nd and 12 at BUF 33

(13:06 - 1st) (Shotgun) T.Taylor pass incomplete short right to R.Bush [P.Smith]

• 3rd and 12 at BUF 33

(13:01 - 1st) (Shotgun) T.Taylor pass short right to J.Williams to BUF 35 for 2 yards (E.Hood, S.Cravens)

• 4th and 10 at BUF 35

(12:26 - 1st) C.Schmidt punts 47 yards to WAS 18, Center-G.Sanborn, out of bounds

• 1st and 10 at WSH 31

(10:52 - 1st) R.Bush right end to WAS 24 for 7 yards (M.Foster)

• 2nd and 3 at WSH 24

(10:18 - 1st) T.Taylor pass short middle to J.Dray to WAS 15 for 9 yards (M.Foster, W.Compton)

• 1st and 10 at WSH 15

(9:43 - 1st) (Shotgun) T.Taylor pass incomplete short left to S.Watkins

• 2nd and 10 at WSH 15

(9:38 - 1st) T.Taylor up the middle to WAS 10 for 5 yards (K.Golston)

• 3rd and 5 at WSH 10

(8:55 - 1st) (Shotgun) T.Taylor pass incomplete short middle to R.Woods

• 4th and 5 at WSH 10

(8:49 - 1st) D.Carpenter 28 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-G.Sanborn, Holder-C.Schmidt

Even two though.....

Then it was probably just those two

After watching Sammy and Tyrod's lack of chemistry last week, I started thinking about the low number of reps the majority of our starters have had together so far. Manny, Kyle, Glenn, Sammy, Aaron, Richie--all major players on our team are going to be awfully rusty on opening day.

Rex just said we won't see many starters out there against Detroit either, even for one series.

Here's hoping the Ravens aren't coming out sharp against us because this really has been a tough preseason. The good news is Flacco just played his first series in 279 days since his knee blowout, and Suggs is just getting back from his season ending achilles tear as well and just played his first live snaps in a year.

They have no TE threat with Watson put on IR yesterday, and Pitta/maxx williams out. Lost their rookie RB Dixon for awhile too. Forsett hasn't shown much speed or explosiveness in the preseason according to a team writer.

I'm predicting a sloppy, fun game with a handful of blown assignments,tight hamstrings, cramps, penalties, pre snap timeouts and at least one 12-men-on-the-field call per team.

As long as there is no injuries on either side during Week 1 Ill be cool wit it

And Tyrod's counterpunch will be what he has been working on all offseason......working FROM the pocket and over the middle

Maybe... I'm thinking move the pocket and deeper drops? His arm is so strong. If the d pins him in, he needs throwing lanes for the middle of the field which take some seriously good offensive coordination. I believe it has to be hard to see the middle from the pocket at his height.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

It's a good first game on the schedule. I'd rather play them first vs. heading across country to Seattle, etc. Based on the improved communication on defense, a nice showing by the starters in weeks 1 and 2, and the depth players, I feel we have a decent shot for a win. I'm not guaranteeing it, but saying it's a winnable game.

I also predict we're 3-1 in September with our only loss to Arizona. Sucks as that is the game we are flying up for so hope I'm wrong.

I'm not sure chemistry means what you think it means? Nobody could come away from ten plays and two targets with any true indication of "chemistry" between Tyrod and Sammy.

Call it what you want. On opening day our elite WR and QB will have had zero completions in pre season games. Its far from ideal.

There's no way we beat Balt without Sammy and TT having a good showing.

Call it what you want. On opening day our elite WR and QB will have had zero completions in pre season games. Its far from ideal.

I think the key will be the run game, actually.

I don't see Baltimore starting out hot in the passing game, either. Whoever runs the ball better, controls the clock, and plays sound defense, will win this low-scoring matchup.

I think the key will be the run game, actually.

I don't see Baltimore starting out hot in the passing game, either. Whoever runs the ball better, controls the clock, and plays sound defense, will win this low-scoring matchup.

balt also will have little to no completions with their starting wr's. perriman and smith haven't even practiced yet as far as i know. forsett is getting up there in age and always seems to start the year slow. Their defense better be on point cause if balt wants to win they need to hold us to less than 14 points.

Which means pretty much nothing.

You are correct, though. To win games in the NFL you need your starting QB and star WR to play well.