Kaepernick and the National Anthem

What does "Orwellian" mean to you? How is a schedule change an example of it?

Exactly how Orwell defined it:

"Orwellian" is an adjective describing a situation, idea, or societal condition that George Orwell identified as being destructive to the welfare of a free and open society."

The schedule was changed to insulate the ones the didn't want to witness somebody expressing their freedom.

Personally, I may not agree w/her... But I want to be free to see her express herself. I am more offended that they changed it. What do they fear? Hurt feelings?

The situation was very Orwellian. A controlled situation meant to abridge one's freedom. Not just "a schedule change." It was a mechanical way @ an attempted to control hearts and minds. How did they get wind of her intentions, what kind of monitoring? Of course harmless, but they still got wind of the intentions.

"Orwellian" is an adjective describing a situation, idea, or societal condition that George Orwell identified as being destructive to the welfare of a free and open society."

The schedule was changed to insulate the ones the didn't want to witness somebody expressing their freedom.

Personally, I may not agree w/her... But I want to be free to see her express herself. I am more offended that they changed it. What do they fear? Hurt feelings?

The situation was very Orwellian. A controlled situation meant to abridge one's freedom. Not just "a schedule change." It was a mechanical way @ an attempted to control hearts and minds. How did they get wind of her intentions, what kind of monitoring? Of course harmless, but they still got wind of the intentions.

So scheduling the debates during a football game would be considered Orwellian?

No one kept her from speaking. She also could have come out of the locker room.

Whatever. We simply won't agree. They caught wind that she was gonna take a knee and they made sure she wasn't there.

They are both offensive to me. More so that they needed to control the situation with a rescheduling.

So scheduling the debates during a football game would be considered Orwellian?

No one kept her from speaking. She also could have come out of the locker room.

No. But maybe AT football game.

I'm not sure what point your'e trying to make.

I'm saying it's interesting that his social media has been scrubbed, removing everything he was discussing questioning the validity of BLM and its leaders, and now every story covering his murder is linking his much older tweet about being threatened by the cops.

Ask George Soros?

Yeah, I remember hearing that about how there's no way we can topple the Taliban. Afghans can't be beat.

Afghans have been beaten twice in their history: Alexander the Great, and Genghis Khan. And the latter did it by killing everybody.

You know who this is a painting of?

article-2299043-18EBCBA6000005DC-824_634

William Brydon. The only British survivor of the First Anglo-Afghan War.

Same thing that always happens: the Scandinavians fight them off.

Same w/Finland. Soviets invaded during the war and lost big time

Sisu.

"The Finns have something they call Sisu. It is a compound of bravado and bravery, of ferocity and tenacity, of the ability to keep fighting after most people would have quit, and to fight with the will to win. The Finns translate Sisu as "the Finnish spirit" but it is a much more gutful word than that. Last week the Finns gave the world a good example of Sisu by carrying the war into Russian territory on one front while on another they withstood merciless attacks by a reinforced Russian Army. In the wilderness that forms most of the Russo-Finnish frontier between Lake Laatokka and the Arctic Ocean, the Finns definitely gained the upper hand.

 Time magazine, January 8, 1940"

Antonym to sisu = "French."

;-)

Yes, that's exactly the point we're making.

Go be a (*^*&%^$^#somewhere else.

Screw you. You're the one who replied to me.

What point are you making then?

And, if you're trying to make a point, with EII as your partner, good luck to you.

What point are you making then?

That contrary to your post, we don't "have Sweden's back" when it comes to defense spending. And never have.

You want to get all butthurt about being an dipshit, that's your problem. Next time, don't double down on an ignorant supposition, and you won't get butthurt.

That contrary to your post, we don't "have Sweden's back" when it comes to defense spending. And never have.

You want to get all butthurt about being an dipshit, that's your problem. Next time, don't double down on an ignorant supposition, and you won't get butthurt.

And... Speaking of their neighbor to the east, Finland, we can't even hold the war bills over their head seeing how they were the only country to pay everybody back in full.

Those one tough bastages, Scandinavians! LoL...

And who starts off taking Scandinavia as part of their master plan on the Risk Board anyway? Well, maybe you, you nut... Just to show you can do it! ;-) ;-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

And... Speaking of their neighbor to the east, Finland, we can't even hold the war bills over their head seeing how they were the only country to pay everybody back in full.

Those one tough bastages, Scandinavians! LoL...

And who starts off taking Scandinavia as part of their master plan on the Risk Board anyway? Well, maybe you, you nut... Just to show you can do it! ;-) ;-)

No, I start with Africa. Three armies per turn, and easy access to the Middle East and Southern Europe.

But I haven't played Risk in ages. Not since my family discovered the key to victory was all of them ganging up on me and kicking me out of the game first.

No, I start with Africa. Three armies per turn, and easy access to the Middle East and Southern Europe.

But I haven't played Risk in ages. Not since my family discovered the key to victory was all of them ganging up on me and kicking me out of the game first.

I remember in middle school we had a great history teacher. Got us to play Risk for a couple days. I haven't played in a long time but I always had luck with Turkey.

So, even your family didn't want to play with you, eh?