Is Cyrus Kouandjio Still a Bust?

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy to work around the circumstances if Cyrus is only LT-capable. Ideally, you'd find a competent swing guy but is that versatility worth disrupting continuity for? The current system isn't broke so fixing it seems unnecessary.

If you can find a versatile C/G, even easier to jusify the status quo.

He is not everything we wanted or expected when he was drafted.....but kudos to Whaley for sticking with him

He is not everything we wanted or expected when he was drafted.....but kudos to Whaley for sticking with him

Second round picks are going to have more leeway than late round picks. If Kujo would have been a sixth round selection he would have been cut by now. The problem I have with Kujo is that it appears that he lacks versatility. As it stands he hasn't been used as a backup swing guard, and at RT he is a befuddled player. Mills is definitely better than Kujo is as a RT. Mills is far from being an elite lineman but he is a sound player

Kujo's best position is at LT. It seems that position is a more natural fit for him. However, when Glenn gets healthy enough he certainly is better than Kujo on the left side. Maybe a solution to this staffing puzzle is to keep Kujo at LT and move Glenn to RT, a move that I'm not sure that Glenn would be happy with?

In hindsight I would say that Kujo was not a good pick as a high second round selection. Although that doesn't mean that he is a bust. The knee concern that kept him off of some teams' draft board has affected him as a player and diminished his value as a high round pick.

Edited by JohnC

Second round picks are going to have more leeway than late round picks. If Kujo would have been a sixth round selection he would have been cut by now. The problem I have with Kujo is that it appears that he lacks versatility. As it stands he hasn't been used as a backup swing guard, and at RT he is a befuddled player. Mills is definitely better than Kujo is as a RT. Mills is far from being an elite lineman but he is a sound player

Kujo's best position is at LT. It seems that position is a more natural fit for him. However, when Glenn gets healthy enough he certainly is better than Kujo on the left side. Maybe a solution to this staffing puzzle is to keep Kujo at LT and move Glenn to RT, a move that I'm not sure that Glenn would be happy with?

In hindsight I would say that Kujo was not a good pick as a high second round selection. Although that doesn't mean that he is a bust. The knee concern that kept him off of some teams' draft board has affected him as a player and diminished his value as a high round pick.

Glenn already has his left tackle contract in hand. He could move to RT with no problem.

Because Mills is an UFA at the end of the season. Is he worth spending a lot to re-sign?

That would depend on

What he is asking for

How he plays this season

Mills was once a very highly touted pick who struggled in his first year with us but this year is actually playing like a RT should play.....

Kujo because of the leg thing looks like he is strictly a LT (so he might be the one to go)

Sentrel is a wildcard due to his illness..

Would not shock me at all to see them resign Mills