Marcell Dareus entering rehab

YoloinOhio

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you use weed despite knowing you will let your team down and lose millions of dollars, you have a problem. A serious problem. Because some states have loosened the laws does not lessen that.

The problem you have is a sense of entitlement and a feeling as though you won't be caught. Who I grew up with smoke weed like there is no tomorrow. Why do they smoke. Because they like the feeling... same with drinking. Almost all of us drink but do we have a problem? No. And alcohol is addictive. We drink for whatever reason. We do the things we do for whatever reason. He just can not get it together. I have met him. I have met his son. He is a role model and a supposed father figure. This is bigger than football. But its not life or death. You CAN stop smoking when you truly want to

Ricky Williams didn't do so well either. I don't want to see Marcel with a blackout visor, and certainly not in a wedding dress!

Mmmmph. I dont think his beard will match the dress. I forgot all about that.

What is it called when you continue to smoke despite it being against your employer's rules and you are losing millions of dollars in income while subject to public disclosure (and as shown here - ridicule) of your partaking? Is that still "just like to get high"?

Immaturity

The inability to make sound decisions... i dont smoke. Never have never will... but weed IS... NOT... ADDICTIVE! it's a gateway drug. So if you happen to know he is doing lines of blow. Or popping mollies or shooting up. Ok. But Like I said A Few TIMES. That would be different. Why did he miss the test? Why is this his second time. Come on this isn't Eli Manning who forgot. This is a potential repeat offender. You have a target on your back. They are FORCING you to do the right thing.

The problem you have is a sense of entitlement and a feeling as though you won't be caught. Who I grew up with smoke weed like there is no tomorrow. Why do they smoke. Because they like the feeling... same with drinking. Almost all of us drink but do we have a problem? No. And alcohol is addictive. We drink for whatever reason. We do the things we do for whatever reason. He just can not get it together. I have met him. I have met his son. He is a role model and a supposed father figure. This is bigger than football. But its not life or death. You CAN stop smoking when you truly want to

Immaturity

The inability to make sound decisions... i dont smoke. Never have never will... but weed IS... NOT... ADDICTIVE! it's a gateway drug. So if you happen to know he is doing lines of blow. Or popping mollies or shooting up. Ok. But Like I said A Few TIMES. That would be different. Why did he miss the test? Why is this his second time. Come on this isn't Eli Manning who forgot. This is a potential repeat offender. You have a target on your back. They are FORCING you to do the right thing.

Untrue.

So, you think this is the way he wanted it to play out? I don't want to go overboard and bash you, but I have far more experience in this field that I ever dreamed in my worst nightmares could be possible. If fact, his facts are merely dipping a toe in the waters. If you're already "in the program" you know there is a serious, almost certain, chance of being caught. Weed stays in your system much longer than a lot of other things. A hair test will go way back, even on other substances, but that's probably not in the CBA. I will try not to pound it to death, but this is serious %$^&, even if people see pot shops in Denver and think "cool". To be clear, I'm not anti-pot, just that it's against the rules, he can't abide by the rules despite great loss, and he feels he needs help. I hope he gets what he needs.

Untrue.

Interesting perspective that never occurred to me.... A buddy who doesn't drink but would gladly smoke (if the wife were on board) said the reason it's a gateway drug is because it's illegal and you have to be in contact with drug dealers who offer other things.

He's a football player who makes millions so he's not subject to human frailties like regular people. Apparently some people think this way.

Yeah. Making a lot of money automatically means your brain chemistry is a-ok. Just look at Robin Williams. Oh, wait...

Yeah. Making a lot of money automatically means your brain chemistry is a-ok. Just look at Robin Williams. Oh, wait...

The celebrity can be more damaging than the money. I'd love to be rich. I'd hate to be famous. Regardless, life is full of "issues".

Right. And money doesn't fix all of them. At best, it gives you options.

Those "options" are probably the reason some of our loved ones are alive. But people who haven't been there don't get it, or realize it's all around them.