Worst off-season ever

BillsVet

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this might be addition by subtraction, but OP missed the IK injury.

keen I my friend ! Very sharp to catch that detail.

Well when things cant get any worse they can only get better.

Silver lining? Lol.

as an actual case study. i must admit.

No.

it can

and likely will

get worse.

But thats just me talking out loud

It's crazy that people think that because some states or municipalities have called it legal for medicinal purposes that highly paid athletes would get to ignore a longstanding and valid league policy prohibiting its use. If Dareus violated the policy again he is either reckless, careless, addicted or simply lacks good judgment. This is not his first rodeo.

this.

I quit pot because i ran out. It aint that hard honestly

zero attempt at deflection

you're the one that listed the man's transgressions. a pattern of behavior that predates rex significantly. you also failed to mention the suspicious party he attended when he was a senior in college, six years before rex took over as head coach of the bills.

so, while i may have whiffed at injecting some levity into this (cosmically) meaningless situation, the attempts at pinning marcel's history of poor decisions on the current head coach is !@#$ing laughable.

i doubt more than two or three members of to this board can begin to fathom what the man has been through in his life. he has experienced repeated trauma and as a predictable consequence he struggles with maturity and decision making.

it has virtually nothing to do with rex !@#$ing ryan

I have read every thing i think about MD. and then some.

But i do think a Players Coach does have some ownership. More so with a Dareus.

I think all the Coaches become fathers or uncle or big brother figures.

But still it is solely on MD. he got paid and stayed lazy of mind.

it is on Marcel as to the Man he is and presents.

but, but, but I thought we won the offseason ?

We did !!

We are losing the preseason badly though.

Must be the injury bug

This will be the year we make the playoffs.

I feel it.

You know that all of this will be used as an excuse to give Rex one more chance after a mediocre season

yes. this is exactly what will happen. When you get done rubbing your crystal ball you might want to let Mr Pegula see beyond the veil of the mortal coil ?

He needs you now.

How about 1968. We lost our first and second string QB's (Kemp and Flores) in preseason. Kemp was lost when Coach Johnny Rauch had a live scrimmage, including the QB after a bad preseason game. That left us Kay Stephenson and Dan Darragh who were both gone by game 10. Now, THAT was a bad preseason.

NO,the 1993-94 off-season was the worst in Bills' history:

The team was coming off a fourth consecutive Super Bowl loss.

They lost long-time starters like Jim Ritcher, Howard Ballard, Nate Odomes, and Mark Kelso.

They replaced those players with the likes of Corbin Lacina, Jerry Crafts, Mickey Washington, and Matt Darby.

Their top three draft choices were Jeff Burris, Bucky Brooks, and Lonnie Johnson.

And to top it off, the greatest player in franchise history was arrested on double-homicide charges.

We can argue back and forth about Bills management, but anyone who doesn't understand that under Rex, the Bills have been possibly the worst disciplined team on the field, in the NFL, has either not been paying attention or is in total denial.

And this guy is the one who drives me the most nuts:

http://www.nflpenalties.com/player/j-hughes-buffalo-bills?year=2015

Edited by Kemp

In the span of 3 months, this happened:

1. May: 1st round pick Shaq Lawson, whose shoulder removed him from other teams' boards suffers a shoulder injury during a non-contact drill. He undergoes surgery and will not be able to play until Week 8.

2. May: The same day Lawson's injury is announced, it is revealed Sammy Watkins had foot surgery a month previous and is uncertain for training camp.

3. May: The Bills media policy is made known and widely panned for preventing any record of what players do in practice. Later, the policy is walked back.

4. May: GM Doug Whaley tells WGR 550 radio that football is "a violent game that I personally don't think humans are supposed to play." The team is forced to issue a clarification the following day.

5. July: Karlos Williams shows up 20+ pounds overweight and later is suspended 4 games for a violation of the league's substance abuse policy.

6. July: Jonathan Williams, a 2016 5th round pick is arrested for DWI in Arkansas.

7. July: Manny Lawson is injured while working out and misses the beginning of training camp.

8. August: Reggie Ragland, a 2nd round pick the team depended on as an immediate starter, suffers a knee injury and will miss the 2016 season.

9. August: Cordy Glenn suffers a high ankle sprain and will miss the entire pre-season. Expected to be available for week 1.

10. August: Manny Lawson is suspended 1 game for a violation of the league's domestic violence policy.

11. August: Marcell Dareus suspended 4 games for a violation of the league's substance abuse policy.

I didn't include McCoy's fight with off-duty cops in Philadelphia, but considered it (EDIT:) because he was not charged.

wait. My memories failing me, why is Dareus suspended for 4 games??

We can argue back and forth about Bills management, but anyone who doesn't understand that under Rex, the Bills have been possibly the worst disciplined team on the field, in the NFl, has either not been paying attention or is in total denial.

And this guy is the one who drives me the most nuts:

http://www.nflpenalties.com/player/j-hughes-buffalo-bills?year=2015

They were just as bad with Doug Marrone with penalties as head coach.

Part of the problem is the cast that Doug Whaley assembles too!

As much as I dislike Rex as a coach, I fail to see how this is his fault.

However, we seem to like to bring in a lot of not so smart players.

This issue starts and stops with Doug Whaley.

I'm tired. Tired of being miserable. What's left for Buffalo fans? I don't feel like I can blame individuals for the failed seasons. But......Gosh, do I need to become a fan of another sport? I feel like I do. This sucks!

Things will only change when the owner is able to identify people to properly evaulate the franchise and player personnel.

When Ralph's garbage still runs the show (Brandon and Whaley), the more things change around the Bills (ownership, coaches etc) the dysfunction to no surprise still st

Brandon is the problem here

It's getting rediculous with the blame Rex stuff for real.These guys are grown men that need to make better decisions and that's it.How can you blame a coach and GM for all of this.I like Rex because he treats the players like men.If guys make bone headed decisions that's on them.I would venture to say 90%of NFL players get high it's part of the culture we just need to be smarter about getting caught.

In the span of 3 months, this happened:

1. May: 1st round pick Shaq Lawson, whose shoulder removed him from other teams' boards suffers a shoulder injury during a non-contact drill. He undergoes surgery and will not be able to play until Week 8.

2. May: The same day Lawson's injury is announced, it is revealed Sammy Watkins had foot surgery a month previous and is uncertain for training camp.

3. May: The Bills media policy is made known and widely panned for preventing any record of what players do in practice. Later, the policy is walked back.

4. May: GM Doug Whaley tells WGR 550 radio that football is "a violent game that I personally don't think humans are supposed to play." The team is forced to issue a clarification the following day.

5. July: Karlos Williams shows up 20+ pounds overweight and later is suspended 4 games for a violation of the league's substance abuse policy.

6. July: Jonathan Williams, a 2016 5th round pick is arrested for DWI in Arkansas.

7. July: Manny Lawson is injured while working out and misses the beginning of training camp.

8. August: Reggie Ragland, a 2nd round pick the team depended on as an immediate starter, suffers a knee injury and will miss the 2016 season.

9. August: Cordy Glenn suffers a high ankle sprain and will miss the entire pre-season. Expected to be available for week 1.

10. August: Manny Lawson is suspended 1 game for a violation of the league's domestic violence policy.

11. August: Marcell Dareus suspended 4 games for a violation of the league's substance abuse policy.

I didn't include McCoy's fight with off-duty cops in Philadelphia, but considered it (EDIT:) because he was not charged.

Just awesome, makes me laugh. Hockey season can't get here quick enough.

zero attempt at deflection

you're the one that listed the man's transgressions. a pattern of behavior that predates rex significantly. you also failed to mention the suspicious party he attended when he was a senior in college, six years before rex took over as head coach of the bills.

so, while i may have whiffed at injecting some levity into this (cosmically) meaningless situation, the attempts at pinning marcel's history of poor decisions on the current head coach is !@#$ing laughable.

i doubt more than two or three members of to this board can begin to fathom what the man has been through in his life. he has experienced repeated trauma and as a predictable consequence he struggles with maturity and decision making.

it has virtually nothing to do with rex !@#$ing ryan

Where did I say anything about the current HC? Man you're angry today! :lol:

So you're saying the Bills had a great June! :thumbsup:

:lol: