Bills reach stadium naming rights agreement with New Era

YoloinOhio

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the large picture, it's not, but it is needed in order to build a new stadium. All revenues must be addressed before state money can be discussed.

Stadium naming rights revenue: https://espn.go.com/sportsbusiness/s/stadiumnames.html

I think part of it, for me, not knowing anything, is $35m is a year or two for bigger name players in the major sports haha

@john_wawrow

Mary Wilson on #Bills New Era Field: "I love Buffalo and with all of the resurgence that it's enjoying right now ..." 1/5

Mary Wilson continued: "it's fitting that the new naming rights agreement is with New Era. ..." #Bills 2/5

Mary Wilson continued: "Naturally, there's an element of sadness for me personally that I hope fans would understand. ..." #Bills 3/5

Mary Wilson continued: "But I'm excited for the Bills organization and for New Era with their successes ..." #Bills 4/5

Mary Wilson continued: "And it's so great that a local company of this magnitude will be on this stadium." #Bills 5/5

My brother and I went to the field house for the Ralph Wilson memorial after he passed away. As we were looking at the exhibits, a women came up to my brother crying and shook his hand and said thank you for coming. I looked back and saw her surrounded by security guards all wearing Bills pins. I said to my brother "You know you just shook hands with the owner of the bilsl right?"

She also came to the strong museum earlier thie year. A friend of mine used to work there. Anyway she donated a large sum of money for a charity event that was coming up there. My friend said she was extremely friendly and sweet.

Pegulas could have probably gotten more from a big bank but chose to go with the local company for less. It is truly a great story imo.

This is the thing for me. Ownership seem to understand that there's a heart and soul to Buffalo sports. It might sound really stupid for me to say that being the other side of the Atlantic and all, I can just sense it and hear it when I talk to people that are natives and have grown up with the Bills.

The name of the stadium is of little to no consequence to me. It's a necessary evil in modern day sports. I imagine that it will be 'The Ralph' to me for the rest of my days. Winning isn't the only thing that matters. Knowing that Mr Wilson kept the team in WNY in the face of tempting offers elsewhere means something to me. When I finally get to a Bills game, I'm glad it'll be in Buffalo. I have people I consider friends there and I'll always have that thanks to Ralph. I'll always have that unique atmosphere to share my passion for the team. That's worth more than commercial dollars.

I think part of it, for me, not knowing anything, is $35m is a year or two for bigger name players in the major sports haha

Yea I know what you mean. From what I can tell it's actually a better deal than most. I think most team get about 2-3mil in naming rights in the nfl.

$5 million annually for the Pegula's vs. $13.9 million annually for Stephen Ross.

18 years

That's what happens when your stadium hosts national championships, Super Bowls, etc... The exposure in naming rights isn't for a Sunday afternoon, regular season game vs. Jacksonville. The exposure is the 2 weeks leading up to the Super Bowl that 115M people watch in this country.

ALSO: It really depends on what other assets they are including. Does Hard Rock also become the presenting sponsor of the season? The tickets? Do they get a stand? Radio? All of these things are rated out separately in a sponsorship deal (along with hundreds of other assets). The cost of the package correlates to what assets they get.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

That's what happens when your stadium hosts national championships, Super Bowls, etc... The exposure in naming rights isn't for a Sunday afternoon, regular season game vs. Jacksonville. The exposure is the 2 weeks leading up to the Super Bowl that 115M people watch in this country.

ALSO: It really depends on what other assets they are including. Does Hard Rock also become the presenting sponsor of the season? The tickets? Do they get a stand? Radio? All of these things are rated out separately in a sponsorship deal (along with hundreds of other assets). The cost of the package correlates to what assets they get.

Great point. They host the Superbowl in 2020.

This is the thing for me. Ownership seem to understand that there's a heart and soul to Buffalo sports. It might sound really stupid for me to say that being the other side of the Atlantic and all, I can just sense it and hear it when I talk to people that are natives and have grown up with the Bills.

The name of the stadium is of little to no consequence to me. It's a necessary evil in modern day sports. I imagine that it will be 'The Ralph' to me for the rest of my days. Winning isn't the only thing that matters. Knowing that Mr Wilson kept the team in WNY in the face of tempting offers elsewhere means something to me. When I finally get to a Bills game, I'm glad it'll be in Buffalo. I have people I consider friends there and I'll always have that thanks to Ralph. I'll always have that unique atmosphere to share my passion for the team. That's worth more than commercial dollars.

This

New Era Cap takes over stadium naming rights for Buffalo Bills; Team to now play at New Era Field

image-1-gallery-release.jpg

New Era, the official on-field cap of the National Football League and the Buffalo Bills, today announced that they have agreed to terms to the naming rights for the team’s stadium, New Era Field, effective immediately. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Very happy that there is no mention of Ralph Wilson in the naming of the stadium.

Wilson always cried poor about revenue, moving the team and scared Bills fans into buying tickets for decades but at the same time ignored the most obvious and easiest way to generate revenue for the franchise.

I welcome the naming of New Era Field and joyfully say good bye to the name Ralph Wilson Stadium.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Very happy that there is no mention of Ralph Wilson in the naming of the stadium.

Wilson always cried poor about revenue, moving the team and scared Bills fans into buying tickets for decades but at the same time ignored the most obvious and easiest way to generate revenue for the franchise.

I welcome the naming of New Era Field and joyfully say good bye to the name Ralph Wilson Stadium.

100% Agree