TOD 8/13: Season-game by game-what do you expect - Ravens

We will go through the upcoming season one game at a time. Post your thoughts on the following:

- Who wins the game?

- What is the best player to player matchup in the game (best game within the game)?

- If the Bills are to win what must they do from a gameplan perspective?

We start with week one - the Baltimore Ravens - what are your thoughts?

I expect a win. I don't think the Ravens are that scary. I think Rex and Roman will have some jedi juju ready. I don't worry much about the early season. It's the late season when other teams figure out what we're doing that keeps me up.

Win on the road for the good guys.

Match ups ..TSizzle vs the right side of our line

LaDarius Webb vs Clay if they scheme that way

Sammy vs the DB across from him

Our Safties vs Flacco

How we win: Like most, I think we will need to win with offense this year. Control the clock and ball with a controlled passing game plan that features a ton of Clay and Sammy passes in space. Throw in Shady runs ,and control the clock.

Bills win 28-24.

I'd feel better if it was at home. I think people are talking too much about the Ravens being down. They still are a tough team, especially at home. I also don't think it's a great thing that they had Taylor for 3 years. They will know his weaknesses better than any other team in the league.

I see a loss but a surprise victory would be a great start to hopefully a playoff season.

Haven't paid much attention to B'more this year. I'll have to learn a bit about them before I decide how I feel about this game.

Hell I don't even know how the Bills look yet. I have read Kamalei Correra looks pretty good so far

Edited by CNY315

I like our chances here.

The match up most intriguing to me is that which we will not see:

How does having Ed Reed and Tyrod Taylor, both formerly of the Ravens, impact our game plan? I can't help but to imagine they have tremendous insight on the opposition's scheme. I hope this valuable knowledge won't be taken lightly.

Edited by AlwaysBilleve

Took a quick gander at some Ravens boards yesterday to see if there was any reaction to Tyrod's deal. Not a lot of reaction, they're mostly positive and happy for him. But it looks like Ravens fans expect this to be a big matchup, with Tyrod coming back, the chance to make a statement.

Took a quick gander at some Ravens boards yesterday to see if there was any reaction to Tyrod's deal. Not a lot of reaction, they're mostly positive and happy for him. But it looks like Ravens fans expect this to be a big matchup, with Tyrod coming back, the chance to make a statement.

I'm going to make a slightly homerific prediction that at some point this season some Ravens fans will be wondering aloud if they kept the right QB.

I'm going to make a slightly homerific prediction that at some point this season some Ravens fans will be wondering aloud if they kept the right QB.

Got room on that limb next to you? I don't think that's out of the question.

It sounds like some expect us to win at Baltimore with perhaps relative ease. I think that's a dangerous assumption. It's rare that the Ravens follow one bad year up with another. Keep in mind, week 1 last year they went into Denver and came within a few yards of the winning touchdown. Only lost by 6. Then the injuries piled up and I think that contributed to their downfall the rest of the year. They'll be healthy again week 1.