Chicago Transit Authority - I'm a Man 1968

TSNBDSC

i loved the giant wall poster that came with the 4 record set....that adorned my college dorm rooms

Four of my favorite albums / CDs are CTA, Chicago II, Chicago III and the live 4 record CD set Chicago IV.

after that , meh...

Should I give my three year old grandson a drum kit for Christmas ?

From a life long drummer the answer is no. A drum? Yes but a kit? No. I got my first drum at probably 4 or so and my first kit at 10 or 12. And my first real set (Ludwigs) at 13 or 14 and was in a band at 14. The thing about drumming is the world is your drum. And you don't want to spend any money on a dust collector when a pair of sticks and the couch will do. Drummers unlike other musicians (and eff you Gug, we are musicians) are pretty much born, not created. I have no recollection of learning how to play a drum set.

You should give an instrument a try, while you're at it!!

I had a guitarist tell me once "you sweat all over because you're an animal. I sweat from my head because I play a thinkers instrument." :rolleyes:

Second everything that Chef said, Lew. No sense in getting a mini set for a three year old that he'll outgrow by the time he actually has the coordination to play a kit.

Second everything that Chef said, Lew. No sense in getting a mini set for a three year old that he'll outgrow by the time he actually has the coordination to play a kit.

I used to follow this drum site on Facebook (hmmm where did they go/) and they posted all sorts of videos of young kids 10/11/12 etc killing it on the drums. I told them "sure, make this old man feel inadequate."

I used to follow this drum site on Facebook (hmmm where did they go/) and they posted all sorts of videos of young kids 10/11/12 etc killing it on the drums. I told them "sure, make this old man feel inadequate."

Ha, I've never really killed it in my life, so imagine how I feel since conceivably I'm at a prime age to be actually good at something. :D