Manny Lawson injured before camp - update: back on field!

I've heard rumors that Lawson actually slipped on Kevin Kolb who laying on the ground at Bills camp disguised as a mat for some reason

Oh, that SUCKS! I bet the Pats* are behind this in some way. Follow the money......

(They always say that.)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had this injury. If he needs surgery (completely torn pectoral major from humorous bone) then he's out for the season. If not (just bad tear) then he still has about 6 weeks of rehab and a huge loss of strength. Being able to push the lineman is pretty important to a defensive end. Needless to say he won't be playing at 100% this season

I just had this injury. If he needs surgery (completely torn pectoral major from humorous bone) then he's out for the season. If not (just bad tear) then he still has about 6 weeks of rehab and a huge loss of strength. Being able to push the lineman is pretty important to a defensive end. Needless to say he won't be playing at 100% this season

sounds like they think it's the first one based on the MRI and ensuing timeline of being back for the 1st game. I'd expect him to miss all of TC and preseason. The silver lining is that this is one player who does know what he's doing in this defense, and as a veteran may not need camp and preseason games as much as the others. Still sucks but could be worse. Edited by YoloinOhio

Not for nothing, burt Eric Striker is one of the best edge-rushers I've EVER SEEN at the collegiate Level... It would be both a shame, and a smudge on Rex's reputation as a "defensive coach" if he couldn't turn that talent into anything.

Slight hyperbole here.

Striker was a decent edge rusher; a guy that could win with speed and not much else.

He doesn't really have a 2nd trick in his repertoire when speed rushing doesn't get it done.

I'm not saying that he can't develop into a situational guy as a pass rusher. In fact, I think he can eventually play downs as an EDGE and as a Will; he's a guy that I really liked as a mid-round developmental prospect.

I do think, however, that he's got a lot of work to do before he can be a spot-duty player in the NFL. Pure speed rushers tend to get chewed up and spit out by NFL OTs.

sounds like they think it's the first one based on the MRI and ensuing timeline of being back for the 1st game. I'd expect him to miss all of TC and preseason. The silver lining is that this is one player who does know what he's doing in this defense, and as a veteran may not need camp and preseason games as much as the others. Still sucks but could be worse.

I must've missed the timeline report Yolo...what was it exactly?

@tompelissero

Talked to Rex and he was 👍 about injury situation. "If we were playing the Super Bowl tomorrow, they'd probably all be out there." #Bills

Slight hyperbole here.

Striker was a decent edge rusher; a guy that could win with speed and not much else.

He doesn't really have a 2nd trick in his repertoire when speed rushing doesn't get it done.

I'm not saying that he can't develop into a situational guy as a pass rusher. In fact, I think he can eventually play downs as an EDGE and as a Will; he's a guy that I really liked as a mid-round developmental prospect.

I do think, however, that he's got a lot of work to do before he can be a spot-duty player in the NFL. Pure speed rushers tend to get chewed up and spit out by NFL OTs.

I must've missed the timeline report Yolo...what was it exactly?

pec injury while benching 415 lbs, not expected to be long-term, not expected to miss any time in regular season. Per Rex.

Striker is not a fit for that role. If he ever makes this team or any other team he would most likely be a situational player. He doesn't have the size for the edge, he needs IK's size and then we would be all set.

Yep. Corey Moore without the speed.

Kid has all the heart you'd ever want, but the odds are against him. He's gonna get a better opportunity due to some injuries and I hope he takes advantage but when you see him lined up across from a real NFL OT, it's scary.

GO BILLS!!!

@marklud12

Manny Lawson told me he thinks he'll be back by Week 1. Has a partially torn pectoral muscle, not completely torn. Great news for Bills.

This is the one thing that really worries me......

Dont want Ike manning that spot heading into the season....we need to win those early games. The ravens are ripe for the pickin

Not for nothing, burt Eric Striker is one of the best edge-rushers I've EVER SEEN at the collegiate Level... It would be both a shame, and a smudge on Rex's reputation as a "defensive coach" if he couldn't turn that talent into anything.

a smudge? seriously?

Love me some Eric Striker btw

you mean he may not be benching 415 again anytime soon ?

This is the one thing that really worries me......

Dont want Ike manning that spot heading into the season....we need to win those early games. The ravens are ripe for the pickin

I do not agree about ripe for the pickin' but i do agree we need to win some early games. The first 4 are what i am watching closely

you mean he may not be benching 415 again anytime soon ?

I was benching close to that much and I'm 2 months out and the physical therapist has me benching with 5 lb dumbbells and I still don't have normal range of motion. Manny, if he does play week 1, won't be 100%. JPP showed last year that while not impossible it's definitely tough to play the position with 1 arm, especially if you don't have the strength to bull rush a 300 pound lineman

I was benching close to that much and I'm 2 months out and the physical therapist has me benching with 5 lb dumbbells and I still don't have normal range of motion. Manny, if he does play week 1, won't be 100%. JPP showed last year that while not impossible it's definitely tough to play the position with 1 arm, especially if you don't have the strength to bull rush a 300 pound lineman

Thank you for the insight.

I am hardly one who would know these things.Have had enough injuries , but not at that level

Sorry to hear of the injury ! Hope you are patient with recovery.