One Year Wonders

I saw the hat Nick Foles was released today and I took a gander at his career stats as I remember he had a pretty good year not too long ago. I was recalling his 2nd year when he threw an amazing 27 TDs and 2 INTS. For the other 3 years of his career combined he has 26 TDs and 27 INTS!

Caution be to those bestowing greatness after 1 good year.

Who else were super one year wonders?

Running Backs: Barry Foster, Lamont Jordan, Robert Edwards, Ickey Woods,

Quarterbacks: Rex Grossman, Tommy Maddox, Derek Anderson, Don Majkowski

One game wonders: Clint Longley, Rob Johnson, David Tyree, Timmy Smith (last two were super bowl one game wonders)

Quarterbacks: Rex Grossman, Tommy Maddox, Derek Anderson, Don Majkowski[/size]

One game wonders: Clint Longley, Rob Johnson, [/size]David Tyree, Timmy Smith (last two were super bowl one game wonders)[/size]

Rob Johnson. Ugh. What might have been with a good coaching/get in the QB head team? Or been avoided with a good psych team.

Quarterbacks: Rex Grossman, Tommy Maddox, Derek Anderson, Don Majkowski

One game wonders: Clint Longley, Rob Johnson, David Tyree, Timmy Smith (last two were super bowl one game wonders)

In the SB one game wonders; Seahawks WR Chris Matthews. 4/109/1 in the SB, only had 13/151/1 last season.

Josh Gordon 2013: 14 games played, 87 receptions, 1,646 yards, including (30) 20+yard catches and (9) 40+ yard catches and 9 TDs. He was the NFL's #1 WR that year.

All that on the Browns with hot garbage at QB.

Edited by BarleyNY

Josh Gordon 2013: 14 games played, 87 receptions, 1,646 yards, including (30) 20+yard catches and (9) 40+ yard catches and 9 TDs. He was the NFL's #1 WR that year.

All that on the Browns with hot garbage at QB.

that is up there in greatest seasons for any player. if he can get half that the browns could be ok.

I seem to remember a couple of years ago Brian Hoyer was a half-year wonder. He actually had the Browns playing some descent football for the first half of a season until they remembered they were the Browns and completely fell apart the rest of the year. Hoyer followed, falling apart himself, and it showed when he played horribly in the playoff game with the Texans last year.

I was going to be a Hall of Famer but I got high, but I got high.

Yup.

I seem to remember a couple of years ago Brian Hoyer was a half-year wonder. He actually had the Browns playing some descent football for the first half of a season until they remembered they were the Browns and completely fell apart the rest of the year. Hoyer followed, falling apart himself, and it showed when he played horribly in the playoff game with the Texans last year.

He did. Derek Anderson had a statistically stellar 9 games for the Browns too. He was Baltimore's backup QB prior to that season and had been brought in for depth. Charlie Frye blew chunks week 1, got released and Anderson took over and rolled from weeks 2-10 throwing to Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow Jr. Cleveland was winning and fans were talking playoffs. Then defenses adjusted and it all came crashing down. Anderson has sucked ever since.

matt flynn is a one game wonder. parlayed that into about 20 million bucks...that's insane.

Oh! That's right! He was on Green Bay and lit up the Lions for some insane yardage, then got a huge deal from Seattle and got beat out by Russell Wilson in preseason. Never did anything after that. Good call.

Terry Miller. Gained over 1,000 yards in his rookie season as a Bill at 4.5 yards per pop. He seemed poised to be the next great Bills running back. Bills fans were yelling, "It's Miller Time!"

Then, as I recall, he developed problems with his peripheral vision and his career faded away to nothing.