TOD 7/26: REX - love or hate him?

Rex is the coaching equivalent of Ochocinco. His ancillary behavior isn't my cup of tea, but the vast majority of it doesn't bother me. I understand that different personalities exist and they're all fine as long as they aren't hurting others or having a negative effect on their organization. For me the red flag with Rex was the big step back the defense took last season. I didn't expect that. He's got this season and probably next to make that squad substantially better than average. If not, his reputation will take a big hit with just about everyone.

Edited by BarleyNY

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny stuff.

Ive said this many times.

Paints his truck from Jets to Bills, eats dog biscuits, talks to much in week 2 against the Pats, wears a Clemson helmet for a press conference, didnt know how to challenge in a crucial game, has his team huddle with less then 2 minutes, hires his loser brother.

All signs point to: BLOWHARD LOSER!

But yes, drinking a beer with him would be great so that I can drink the liquid and whack him upside the head with the bottle!

The Bills were never on CBSSPORTS website and so on. They get attention now for the coach, not for the results on the field.

I thought the whole team played harder under Marrone than Rex, personally.

This. And frankly it isn't even close in my mind. The 2014 Bills were the best prepared Bills team I have witnessed in my 14 years supporting.

Edited by GunnerBill

Whoa you did it!!! Thank you so much man, super cool of you.

That was kinda my suspicion, that it was probably done a real long time ago.

Much respect :thumbsup:

It was a question that piqued my interest. I will be honest though I thought the number would have been higher. It was surprising how many SB winning coaches had long stretches of losing but nobody had 5 consecutive.

It was also surprising:

how few SB winning coaches there were. 50 Super Bowls won by 31 coaches

longest gaps between SB victories was Bill B with 10 years

0 coaches were able to win with different teams

Gibbs and Parcells are the only coaches to win SBs with different qbs (the most interesting stat to me)

I thought the whole team played harder under Marrone than Rex, personally.

The offense played harder under Marrone? :lol:

All of this "play hard" nonsense -- aside from Mario -- is simply because the defense put up big sack stats against bad teams in 2014. Sacks = effort to the casual fan. If you're not sacking the QB, you must not be trying hard enough.

All of this "play hard" nonsense -- aside from Mario -- is simply because the defense put up big sack stats against bad teams in 2014. Sacks = effort to the casual fan. If you're not sacking the QB, you must not be trying hard enough.

Yes, Kirby and GunnerBill, those "casual fans" blinded by sack totals.

Edited by FireChan

I don't know about playing harder but the team always seemed prepared. That was my favorite thing about Marrone.

Yes, Kirby and GunnerBill, those "casual fans" blinded by sack totals.

I don't know about playing harder but the team always seemed prepared. That was my favorite thing about Marrone.

Hey, call it what you want. I don't think there was lack of effort on the 2015 Bills (aside from Mario) -- just a lack of full comprehension and understanding of the defense, which led to decreased results.

I don't think anyone can compare the offenses of the 2014 and 2015 Bills and come to the conclusion the 2014 version "played harder" or were better prepared.

Hey, call it what you want. I don't think there was lack of effort on the 2015 Bills (aside from Mario) -- just a lack of full comprehension and understanding of the defense, which led to decreased results.

I don't think anyone can compare the offenses of the 2014 and 2015 Bills and come to the conclusion the 2014 version "played harder" or were better prepared.

I advise you to watch the 2015 Redskins game again. The 2014 Bills never looked that disinterested or came out that flat.

I have. They didn't let up 21 points in the first 3 drives and walk during plays. Watch the game again.

Whatever. You can pick and choose moments, I can pick and choose moments. Doesn't change my opinion stated above. I'm done here.

Whatever. You can pick and choose moments, I can pick and choose moments. Doesn't change my opinion stated above. I'm done here.

I mean, you could watch both games again and compare how hard each team appears to be trying, and perhaps give an opinion that isn't your own a chance, but this is TBD so it's probably better to dig in and not do that.

Edited by FireChan

A year ago the national press and WNY were having a love affair with Rex. Most believed his bravado in saying the Bills were going to make the playoffs. What do you think of Rex now? What if the Bills miss the playoffs this year, should Rex be run out of town?

This is the first time I have read the subject of Rex being run out of town . . . . today.

It is funny that there are certain subjects that the mods allow people to initiate new threads over and over again. And, there are others . . . .

The subject of running Rex out of town after just one season currently is being discussed or already has been discussed in multiple other threads (ironically by people who accuse Rex of being too much of a loud mouth).

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.

Edited by Peter

To me he's just an average coach but his players will ride or die for him and I love that. I've never liked Rex though, he just talks too much. I just think that he tries too hard to be noticed with his mouth instead of with his coaching.

A year ago the national press and WNY were having a love affair with Rex. Most believed his bravado in saying the Bills were going to make the playoffs. What do you think of Rex now? What if the Bills miss the playoffs this year, should Rex be run out of town?

Whatever gets him out of town is what I want. Hated him last year, hate him now. Worst coach in the history of the franchise