10 Reasons Why Tyrod will have a great year

He's going to get hurt. He's not built like Cam Newton. He needs to run 4 or 5 times a game, max, if he's going to last in the league.

DANGERuss Wilson sends his regards. He's not built like Cam Newton either. So far, so good.

20 passing TD's is below the league average. I believe the league average is 26, so Tyrod and the receivers will need to improve.

If you're looking for league average, that's over 16 games which would correct to 23 TD for TT in a 16 game schedule.

Still "below average" but not as far.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DANGERuss Wilson sends his regards. He's not built like Cam Newton either. So far, so good.

That's obviously the most favorable comparison to draw, but I don't think they have the same running style. Wilson is lower to the ground and never seems to be exposed when he runs. Tayler looks more like RGIII to me. Anyway, time will tell. He sustained some injuries in his very first season with about the same number of carries as Wilson, so that's not too promising if he continues at that rate.

If you're looking for league average, that's over 16 games which would correct to 23 TD for TT in a 16 game schedule.

Still "below average" but not as far.

Thanks! Last year, The Jets had a better defense, plus Fitz threw for 31 TD's and went 10-6, just missing the playoffs. I feel in order to make the playoffs, not only does the defense need to improve, but Tyrod needs to be able to pass for 30 TD's or more.

Like Bills took away the middle from Fitz and crushed their tiny Whoville hearts team are going to want Tyrod to take short chipshots near the hash marks

Somewhere on this board are Taylors stats from last season broken down by left, right & middle. Yardage was also broken down short, med, long.

Taylor's best completion % IIRC were up the middle, but, he didn't go there nearly as much as left/right. You may say "well, he was successful because he didn't go there much so teams gave him the middle." I'd say he was most successful there and the entire offense would be more successful if he used the middle more often.

One of the reasons I'm optimistic about the offense is Clay. He should be a weapon in the middle. If TT finds him he & the team will be better offensively.

whats different in 2016 vs 2015 ?

#1- first team reps for all of training camp & preseason

#2- one year of experience under the same O.C. with mostly the same playbook.

#3- confidence in knowing he's the #1 and it's his team.

TT is a stud....a current alternate pro bowler.....a future superstar.

Edited by papazoid

Somewhere on this board are Taylors stats from last season broken down by left, right & middle. Yardage was also broken down short, med, long.

Taylor's best completion % IIRC were up the middle, but, he didn't go there nearly as much as left/right. You may say "well, he was successful because he didn't go there much so teams gave him the middle." I'd say he was most successful there and the entire offense would be more successful if he used the middle more often.

One of the reasons I'm optimistic about the offense is Clay. He should be a weapon in the middle. If TT finds him he & the team will be better offensively.

it is an interesting discussion. i think most of us just fallback upon the thought of Tyrod is too short to see over the guards and tackles.

Roman inot only decent at blocking schemes but as the season rolled along he made sure to show how passing lanes were there if Taylor would just wait for them.

Patience is yet another facet that our little buddy could work on.

Clay was a player brought on for good reason. When looking at highlight film from last year, he did some very good work. and that was a nicked up guy.

I too think more and better is coming . its seems logical if these guys can stay healthy

lets roll with this thinking. because each point is very reasonable

Edited by 3rdand12

An article stating only those three points would have read much better. That's probably the best case that can be made for him.