Fake Eyebrows?

Is anyone else freaked out by women (and perhaps some men) who have phony eyebrows? I've seen people who have them tattooed on, and some who have them drawn on with make-up. They often look disgustingly unnatural and weird.

I just came home to CNY for a visit with my folks, and my Mother seems to have had her eyebrows tattooed. They look awful and the worst part is that I can't stop staring at them. I have the urge to take a Sharpie and fill them in a little bit.

Also, they obviously are new, however, I can't say anything about them because I don't think I could fake being complimentary. I'm just waiting for one of my kids to say something to her about them...they notice everything! What is the deal?

BTW...I fully understand and respect that some people do this because they are suffering from a particular medical condition (e.g., Cancer, Alopecia) and I am entirely empathetic.

Thoughts??

Is anyone else freaked out by women (and perhaps some men) who have phony eyebrows? I've seen people who have them tattooed on, and some who have them drawn on with make-up. They often look disgustingly unnatural and weird.

I just came home to CNY for a visit with my folks, and my Mother seems to have had her eyebrows tattooed. They look awful and the worst part is that I can't stop staring at them. I have the urge to take a Sharpie and fill them in a little bit.

Also, they obviously are new, however, I can't say anything about them because I don't think I could fake being complimentary. I'm just waiting for one of my kids to say something to her about them...they notice everything! What is the deal?

BTW...I fully understand and respect that some people do this because they are suffering from a particular medical condition (e.g., Cancer, Alopecia) and I am entirely empathetic.

Thoughts??

Zip yah lips and go sit on your sack. That's your mother, whatever she decides makes her beautiful does in fact make her beautiful.

Zip yah lips and go sit on your sack. That's your mother, whatever she decides makes her beautiful does in fact make her beautiful.

Well of course! I do love my Mother very much, and would never do or say anything to hurt her feelings. It is difficult to control my natural reaction, however, to the evil quotation marks above her eye balls!

Thoughts??

So friggin ridiculous! I feel like this fad is out of some old time travel movie that tries to go overboard with future fashion predictions for comedic effect. I have two sisters that have done this, I think one that is still doing it as far as I know. They look like clowns. I didn't try to hide it, I just asked WTF are you painting your eyebrows on instead of just, ya know, growing them? Just got a shut the !@#$ up! :D

Thoughts??

Do they make your mom look exceptionally angry?

It's less maintenance than constantly plucking them.

It's for women who don't want to bother, but prefer a clean look, so they convince themselves it's acceptable.

If you want to make a point, try drawing a mustache and sideburns on yourself, and see what they say.

On a separate note, the last few times I went to get a hair cut (some cheapo place like Great Clips), they asked if I wanted my eyebrows trimmed.

I said no.

Is an eyebrow trim normal?

(PS: I have pretty average thickness eyebrows and no unibrow).

No idea, I'm bald so I shave my own head in the shower. I do however miss the barber running the clippers slightly past the ear lobs. Now I have to pluck those suckers!

On a separate note, the last few times I went to get a hair cut (some cheapo place like Great Clips), they asked if I wanted my eyebrows trimmed.

I said no.

I never get asked about the eyebrow trim (I go to Sportclips), but I see a lot of guys getting their brows trimmed up while I'm there.

Grooming unruly eyebrows is just fine with me, but when you see people with overly trimmed/shaped eyebrows (especially men) it just looks creepy IMO.

I said no.

Yes it's normal. Go to a real barber and he'll likely do it without asking. Wonky eyebrows on a guy is not a good look. Edited by Chef Jim

Yes it'd normal. Go to a real barber and he'll likely do it without asking. Wonky eyebrows on a guy is not a good look.

You got it. Usually they just trim the unruly ones to make it look respectable. Not like they've getting styled or anything.

Same with ear hair. For the love of God, don't just let that **** grow like weeds in the back yard.

You got it. Usually they just trim the unruly ones to make it look respectable. Not like they've getting styled or anything.

Same with ear hair. For the love of God, don't just let that **** grow like weeds in the back yard.

I did the Super Cuts thing for years and when I moved to Oakland I found an old school barber. In his 80's, barber poll, ashtrays in the chair armrests, old guy shining shoes, autographed pictures of long gone Raider and A's players stories about Al Davis. Classic!

I did the Super Cuts thing for years and when I moved to Oakland I found an old school barber. In his 80's, barber poll, ashtrays in the chair armrests, old guy shining shoes, autographed pictures of long gone Raider and A's players stories about Al Davis. Classic!

The one thing I would recommend to most guys is to ditch the cheap Super Cuts thing and go for a real barber or stylist. Totally worth it.

The one thing I would recommend to most guys is to ditch the cheap Super Cuts thing and go for a real barber or stylist. Totally worth it.

I've had two barber's in my life, and both retired. The only ones I can find now are male stylists.

I used to think it was a big deal, but since the current trend is to have short hair, i found that it doesn't really matter anymore. I go for the convenience.