Fake Eyebrows?

On a separate note, the last few times I went to get a hair cut (some cheapo place like Great Clips), they asked if I wanted my eyebrows trimmed.

I said no.

Is an eyebrow trim normal?

(PS: I have pretty average thickness eyebrows and no unibrow).

Wait until you're older. There seems to be a latent mutation causing some of them to grow long with exceptional speed. You can trim those puppies up in the morning and come home in the evening only to find one of the bastards blowing in the breeze. Not much different for nose and ear hair.

I'm paying for someone that I know I can sit down and 10 minutes later she's done, without having to explain how I like my hair or ask a lot of questions

Same here. I've been going to the same person for almost 20 years now.

Wait until you're older. There seems to be a latent mutation causing some of them to grow long with exceptional speed. You can trim those puppies up in the morning and come home in the evening only to find one of the bastards blowing in the breeze. Not much different for nose and ear hair.

LOL ..yep, it's pretty amazing. I've often wondered about this and after a bit of searching I found a few compelling theories, one has to do with hair growth cycles and the other is hormone related. I found this..."The change in eyebrows is due to hormonal changes. For many their levels of testosterone remain at a good level or even continue to increase up to the age of around 70 and this can encourage vigorous hair growth particularly in areas that were perhaps not as robust in younger years – areas such as the nose, ears and eyebrows.".