Karlos Williams suspended 4 games for substance abuse

Yes they can change when it happens, of sorts. Namely by telling JW to plead "not guilty" at this August 15th court date, if it still happens on that day (and this admittedly might be what they'd do anyway). That pushes things into the season and the suspension wouldn't come until after KW is back. And why not plead "not guilty"? There is no plea deal at present, as far as we know.

As for the profiling thing, thanks. I'm just trying to think like a lawyer. Especially given the (worsening) political climate.

You would have said the same thing last off-season. Karlos did pretty well though, didn't he?

A Bills scout?

Kalos was busted for DWI last year?

And of course he will enter a not guilty plea. Everyone does. That's not a "delay tactic".

same results? We haven't had anyone we drafted get suspended for more than one game while still in a Bills uni since Bruce Smith in 1988.

Have you really forgotten legendary lovable bonehead Marshawn Lynch?

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And of course he will enter a not guilty plea. Everyone does. That's not a "delay tactic".

Have you really forgotten legendary lovable bonehead Marshawn Lynch?

Also that tightend Nelson was popped for 4 a couple years ago. I think we had a guy get a full season about a decade ago.

Really, it wasn't the most accurate stat

Not sure what KW was busted for last year.

Pleading not guilty, if he's going to get convicted of DUI anyway, is one way to delay. I'm sure his lawyer can find other ways to get that August 15th date pushed back as well.

Not sure what KW was busted for last year.

Pleading not guilty, if he's going to get convicted of DUI anyway, is one way to delay. I'm sure his lawyer can find other ways to get that August 15th date pushed back as well.

He wasn't busted, so your statement was meaningless.

If he had been, you'd have spouted out the same "hand wringing over an afterthought 5th round pick..." line.

And you would have been guaranteeing no suspension yet again.

But still---this kid hasn't even made it to his first NFL training camp--he might have made the team under normal circumstances as a 3rd or 4th back--and you are worrying about losing him for 2 games. It's nuts.

But still---this kid hasn't even made it to his first NFL training camp--he might have made the team under normal circumstances as a 3rd or 4th back--and you are worrying about losing him for 2 games. It's nuts.

I think he's (in my mind, correctly) worried about losing him at the same time we lose KW, which would mean that if something should also happen to Shady during camp we'd be back to the undrafted FA, waiver wire guys starting at RB. For a run first team, that's not ideal generally, but particularly not a great way to start the season. Considering how well Whaley's done with mid-rounders (like KW) the last few years, some of us are also very interested to see how someone like JW (a high talent mid-round pick at a devalued position who slipped largely due to injury concerns) was going to fit with our rushing attack.

Personally, if I had to guess, I'd say JW's case doesn't go to trial until at least our bye week. The system isn't set up to try people in a month as a general matter and considering that JW lives and works in another state I'd bet the judge allows things to slip back until then, when JW will have the time to go back to AR. We'll see in time what happens.

I think he's (in my mind, correctly) worried about losing him at the same time we lose KW, which would mean that if something should also happen to Shady during camp we'd be back to the undrafted FA, waiver wire guys starting at RB. For a run first team, that's not ideal generally, but particularly not a great way to start the season. Considering how well Whaley's done with mid-rounders (like KW) the last few years, some of us are also very interested to see how someone like JW (a high talent mid-round pick at a devalued position who slipped largely due to injury concerns) was going to fit with our rushing attack.

Personally, if I had to guess, I'd say JW's case doesn't go to trial until at least our bye week. The system isn't set up to try people in a month as a general matter and considering that JW lives and works in another state I'd bet the judge allows things to slip back until then, when JW will have the time to go back to AR. We'll see in time what happens.

I got that. Still nuts. This kid hasn't played in a football game since 2014. We already have a 3rd RB on the team who actually played football and did well last year when he was in--Gillislee.

Who cares if this kid misses a few games when Karlos is out? We will be fine without him--just like Arkansas was last year.

I stopped trying to figure out what Goodell will do after the Ray Rice debacle. And I have no idea what he can do if JW manages to avoid a DUI conviction since I expect him to fight it, just like anyone, even you, would do. Is failing the FST and looking drunk enough to suspend him? In any case, I'm expecting him to miss 2 games.

And why is it nuts? If he looks as good in TC as he did in minicamp and OTAs, obviously the Bills would want him to be available while KW isn't.

I got that. Still nuts. This kid hasn't played in a football game since 2014. We already have a 3rd RB on the team who actually played football and did well last year when he was in--Gillislee.

Who cares if this kid misses a few games when Karlos is out? We will be fine without him--just like Arkansas was last year.

This is just silly.

I stopped trying to figure out what Goodell will do after the Ray Rice debacle. And I have no idea what he can do if JW manages to avoid a DUI conviction since I expect him to fight it, just like anyone, even you, would do. Is failing the FST and looking drunk enough to suspend him? In any case, I'm expecting him to miss 2 games.

And why is it nuts? If he looks as good in TC as he did in minicamp and OTAs, obviously the Bills would want him to be available while KW isn't.

If JW is acquitted, he can't be suspended. The penalty for any conviction is now 2 games.

This is just silly.

Why is it silly? Gillislee can be a number 2 RB as easily as this kid, no matter how nice he looked in rookie camp. He's a luxury pick. Your position doesn't make much sense.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/07/15/karlos-williams-is-latest-questionable-decision-to-hurt-bills-image/

Not sure if posted yet, but if not, here is the bucky gleason article about Bills incompetence you've all been waiting for.

Good stuff. Bucky lists non-entity Dri Archer's refusal to report as one of the things that leads him to conclude the Bills won't make the playoffs.

"In this offseason alone, Stephon Gilmore threatened to hold out unless he was given a new contract, Dri Archer refused to report for offseason activities after the Bills plucked him off waivers and Henderson’s agent complained about the Bills’ failure to reach out to the tackle while he recovered from a serious illness. Don’t count me among the doubters. I fully expect the Bills to miss the playoff yet again."

Bucky, of course, is the same guy who wanted us to cut McCoy after the barroom incident but before the Bills, police, or anyone else actually investigated what really happened. If Bucky controlled the roster, Gillislee would be our starting RB right now.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Not sure that is true. Check the date on the USAToday piece then look at the one I linked from 2015.

I believe the current CBA/drug testing policy and consequences date from 2014. But I think the source I linked had some details wrong.

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/PDFs/Active%20Players/Drug_SOA_Policy_9-29-14.pdf

If it's Mary Jane, looks like this may have been his 3rd strike - the first got him into Stage 1, the second got him a fine, the third is 4 games..

Blockhead and dufus.

If JW is acquitted, he can't be suspended. The penalty for any conviction is now 2 games.

Are you sure about that? How did Bradham get a 1 game suspension even though the pot charges were dropped?

Why is it silly? Gillislee can be a number 2 RB as easily as this kid, no matter how nice he looked in rookie camp. He's a luxury pick. Your position doesn't make much sense.

The "the Bills will be fine without him like Arkansas" is silly. Arkansas obviously would have been better with him. And if he can be a major contributor for the Bills, he'll make them better as well. Especially since KW is out of commission for 4 games at least and who knows when he'll be in game shape. And while Gillislee looked good in the 5 games in which he appeared, he's also a 5th round pick who bounced around since 2013. And there's this thing called "depth" which you should think is important considering you think Shady is injury-prone.

Are you sure about that? How did Bradham get a 1 game suspension even though the pot charges were dropped?

The "the Bills will be fine without him like Arkansas" is silly. Arkansas obviously would have been better with him. And if he can be a major contributor for the Bills, he'll make them better as well. Especially since KW is out of commission for 4 games at least and who knows when he'll be in game shape. And while Gillislee looked good in the 5 games in which he appeared, he's also a 5th round pick who bounced around since 2013. And there's this thing called "depth" which you should think is important considering you think Shady is injury-prone.

Bradham was found with drugs on him. Doesn't matter if the charges were later dropped (not because he was found to be innocent of the crime). He was suspended for the possession.

The DWI case cannot be dismissed.

You're the one who claimed McCoy was injured all year. And the team says he is injured as we speak. Yes, depth will be nice. But relying on a rookie who hasn't played since 2014 to replace McCoy is a stretch. The Bills will have the depth. Heck, let Cardale play RB for a few games.

Bradham was found with drugs on him. Doesn't matter if the charges were later dropped (not because he was found to be innocent of the crime). He was suspended for the possession.

The DWI case cannot be dismissed.

You're the one who claimed McCoy was injured all year. And the team says he is injured as we speak. Yes, depth will be nice. But relying on a rookie who hasn't played since 2014 to replace McCoy is a stretch. The Bills will have the depth. Heck, let Cardale play RB for a few games.

fact