Espy's - worst network concept ever

major

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You nailed Woman's tennis. It is a far better watch than the men's game. The men are too strong and the game is really predictable point-set-match. The woman's game is much more fun to watch. I'm a Kerber fan.

Exactly - ace after ace is not fun to watch.

I don't mind you saying it, OP. There was only one good year (Valvano 1993). All the rest of the so called big moments where very contrived, against what Jimmy V was, and later, has become. Frankly, I hate when the Espy's are on, and I struggle when I stumble upon them...about as much as I do when the good-for-nothing's lame X games are on. Automatic...find me something else to watch.

Exactly - ace after ace is not fun to watch.

Watch the right players. Not every match is as you speak of.

I don't mind you saying it, OP. There was only one good year (Valvano 1993). All the rest of the so called big moments where very contrived, against what Jimmy V was, and later, has become. Frankly, I hate when the Espy's are on, and I struggle when I stumble upon them...about as much as I do when the good-for-nothing's lame X games are on. Automatic...find me something else to watch.

Watch the right players. Not every match is as you speak of.

I think it's gotten better in recent years. Not sure why.

I think it's gotten better in recent years. Not sure why.

Thanks interesting. I have a decent handle on daily sports, but I really do flip past the ESPY's like I have a tick or something. I honestly think it's the professional athletes that turn me away. They are getting paid by the networks, and they are beyond spoiled. It's unimaginable for 99% of the people watching the awards show, to realize how crazily well taken care of these athletes really are.

You know where I get my sports inspirations -

Bud Greespan Olympic stories. Any story, any time. Get your eyes prepared for salty discharge.

And ESPN runs some fantastic shorts on the archive. Many thanks to ESPN for their 30 minute shows.

this isnt even worth discussing.

we are talking about an entity that thought it was necessary to glamorize a half man-woman freak as some important and needed aspect of life.

you cant rationalize anything else after that.

... so is that a yes?

Thanks interesting. I have a decent handle on daily sports, but I really do flip past the ESPY's like I have a tick or something. I honestly think it's the professional athletes that turn me away. They are getting paid by the networks, and they are beyond spoiled. It's unimaginable for 99% of the people watching the awards show, to realize how crazily well taken care of these athletes really are.

You know where I get my sports inspirations -

Bud Greespan Olympic stories. Any story, any time. Get your eyes prepared for salty discharge.

And ESPN runs some fantastic shorts on the archive. Many thanks to ESPN for their 30 minute shows.

Just to be clear. I was talking about men's tennis getting better in recent years.

Just to be clear. I was talking about men's tennis getting better in recent years.

I'd agree with that. The ESPY's? No idea, haven't watched in many years. I would have watched had they chosen Lauren Hill or Jim Kelly. They did not. Aiming low for the masses I guess.