Why you wear a seatbelt

TSNBDSC

Which leads me to:

1. Be strapped to that trainwreck.

OR:

2. Be free like a bird.

Not two really geat options unless there is lake on the other side of that guardrail!

I am not sure being strapped in is all that convincing considering the heinous wreck. Only looks like they had one chance and that is landing in a would be body of something soft.

They are strapped, they are 100% toast, Spam in a can. Eject... 99.99% they are toast. Skydivers have failed chutes and some live?

Yet... I am still strapping in everytime!

Which leads me to:

1. Be strapped to that trainwreck.

OR:

2. Be free like a bird.

Not two really geat options unless there is lake on the other side of that guardrail!

I am not sure being strapped in is all that convincing considering the heinous wreck. Only looks like they had one chance and that is landing in a would be body of something soft.

They are strapped, they are 100% toast, Spam in a can. Eject... 99.99% they are toast. Skydivers have failed chutes and some live?

Yet... I am still strapping in everytime!

I'm pretty confident the g forces involved in the initial transfer of linear energy to the torque of the spin was enough for death. Also, I'm confident he'd have died had he hit water. At that speed, it's a brick wall. I'd reverse your stats. 99.9% dead with seatbelt, 100% dead from the video. Moral of the story, don't drive into oncoming traffic!!

I still like to think they landed in a lake.

I also believe in purple flying unicorns too!

Hey,leave me alone... I am in my safe place!

EII... you may have heard about the drowning on Skiatook Lake on the fourth? He was a friend on my sisters boat. Please do your thing to remind people to never jump in the water without, at least, a floaty to hang on to. Being very drunk on the water is a bad idea too. Edited by SAMMY HANDWICH

Nah... Nah... I am not listening!

J/K... Both right, they're toast.

How about big field of harvested cotton? Pillows?

;-)

EII... you may have heard about the drowning on Skiatook Lake on the fourth? He was a friend on my sisters boat. Please do your thing to remind people to never jump in the water without, at least, a floaty to hang on to. Being very drunk on the water is a bad idea too.

On serious note... I sure do... I had a drowing 20 years ago. Boat panicked when he didn't come up and I think the skag of the motor hit him. When the divers finally found him... Big gash on forehead!

Sad... Really sad, they were drinking all night @ Lake, empty booze bottles in boat. Lady wanted to jump in and search... I talked her out of it, I knew he was a goner, then I would have two goners on my hands!

Little boat, tri-hull runabout, I still remember the name on back: Heaven Sent!

For real! :-( :-(

Drunk people, even good swimmers, will get disoriented and actually swim towards the bottom... Then panic of course. How effed up is that!

:-(

I am just going for my boat operator and water safety refresher in Le Claire, Iowa this Thursday & Friday.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Some thoughts on seat belts semi related to this post:

I completely agree that seat belts the vast majority of the time save lives and prevent more serious injuries. I also acknowledge there should be laws about children wearing them.

What I can't understand is why there are laws compelling adults to wear them. I understand that most people should wear them, however, it seems most adults should have the choice to wear them.

If I want to run the risk of being ejected from my car I think I should be able to. I don't know of any cases where a body was ejected from the car and it ended up hitting and hurting others.

It seems to me that if you are forced to wear a seatbelt because it is preventing potential self harm then we might as well ban motorcycles as well. Going down this line of thought we should ban alcohol, cheeseburgers, ATV's bicycles etc etc etc....

Just my random thoughts here. I am going to sound like some weird anti-govenrment wacko but personal choice should play a factor on what risks you want to take.