1102 pound Deadlift !!! first time ever in human history

the strain on the heart must be unbelievable

You guys crack me up, Eddie Hall has done something no man has ever or even come close to doing and you're all concerned about his health and mobility.

This is one of if not the greatest lifts of all time breaking his own record by 75 pounds.

Where are my lifters at?

You guys crack me up, Eddie Hall has done something no man has ever or even come close to doing and you're all concerned about his health and mobility.

This is one of if not the greatest lifts of all time breaking his own record by 75 pounds.

Where are my lifters at?

Maybe the question should be why are you getting a chubby over this giant man in a speedo lifting weights?

Maybe the question should be why are you getting a chubby over this giant man in a speedo lifting weights?

let me know after your done rubbing one out.

Looked like his knees were the weak point....

it's common for guys knees to shake when they are at their max. When you see him in other events his knees are plenty strong

That's inhuman.

I've gone 3xBW on a deadlift, and the whoppin' THAT puts on your CNS is palpable.

I can't imagine how that dude felt for the next 2 minutes.

Can you describe what you experienced and extrapolate it to 1100lbs?

Can you describe what you experienced and extrapolate it to 1100lbs?

Not sure if serious, but...

It's not really fair to go straight body weight comparison, because the strength ratios get muddied when athletes pass about 300 lbs in weight.

However...

My competition weight is about 165 lbs, and my competition 1RM in the deadlift is 505 lbs; slightly more than 3xBW. Adrenaline gets you through the lift, but immediately after you get a massive head rush. Things turn purple. If you don't take a DEEP breath, you tend to collapse forward onto your knees and drop your head between them.

Your heart pumps like it wants to beat out of your chest, and your legs feel like gelatin.

It goes on for what feels like forever, but in reality is probably 45 seconds or so. By the time 2-3 minutes passes, you're breathing normally again.

Now consider that Hall is pulling more than twice that amount of weight. I'd imagine, because of the relative leveling of the strength/strain curve, he's in a similar spot though more extreme.

It's not really fair to go straight body weight comparison, because the strength ratios get muddied when athletes pass about 300 lbs in weight.

However...

My competition weight is about 165 lbs, and my competition 1RM in the deadlift is 505 lbs; slightly more than 3xBW. Adrenaline gets you through the lift, but immediately after you get a massive head rush. Things turn purple. If you don't take a DEEP breath, you tend to collapse forward onto your knees and drop your head between them.

Your heart pumps like it wants to beat out of your chest, and your legs feel like gelatin.

It goes on for what feels like forever, but in reality is probably 45 seconds or so. By the time 2-3 minutes passes, you're breathing normally again.

Now consider that Hall is pulling more than twice that amount of weight. I'd imagine, because of the relative leveling of the strength/strain curve, he's in a similar spot though more extreme.

Totally serious. Thanks for the insight.

Not sure if serious, but

However...

Adrenaline gets you through the lift, but immediately after you get a massive head rush. Things turn purple. If you don't take a DEEP breath, you tend to collapse forward onto your knees and drop your head between them.

It goes on for what feels like forever, but in reality is probably 45 seconds or so. By the time 2-3 minutes passes, you're breathing normally again

Sounds like what I experience about twice a month, unless the old lady is feeling more frisky on Wednesdays

That's inhuman.

I've gone 3xBW on a deadlift, and the whoppin' THAT puts on your CNS is palpable.

I can't imagine how that dude felt for the next 2 minutes.

Friggin AWESOME !

Youve gotta be a tough guy to defend all those awful tattoos.

:lol: just don't tell him that, there is actually a video of him doing some boxing where he does pretty good, that poor opponent would go flying when he got hit.

However...

Can't say I have felt that, on occasion I'v got light headed but that's if I hadn't maxed in awhile.

Sounds like what I experience about twice a month, unless the old lady is feeling more frisky on Wednesdays

:worthy:

Haha...I'm sorry man I was just bustin balls. I actually watched it and it was pretty amazing.

For those weight lifters out there...has anyone's sphincter/colon ever come flying out during this lift? Serious question.

That's cool.

I've never had that experience, some have had hernias but for me it's always the back. I friggin broke my L4 last October and am still dealing with it but have been doing better lately since I added weighted situps to balance the core out.