Williams speech/Alton/Philando/Dallas shootings

All the gentle & overly emotional Righties, here is some advice for all your needless suffering. Victims of suffering:

"Dont Take Anything Personally:

Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you wont be the victim of needless suffering."

Stop being the victim.

Well, well, well. An admitted lefty tell others to stop being a victim. Without the victim card lefties have no support. :doh:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hill: Obama uses Dallas memorial to confront nation on race. ............I'm sure the dead cop's families appreciated it.

Another article from The Hill, blasting Obama for his bad taste.

Harmony, brief as it was, immediately became a social media free-for-all. He just could not help make it about his political beliefs with a whopper of a lie. Has he never heard of a library? Did he think politics really belonged at a memorial service? With an entire nation grieving and watching an entire city and police force grieving in front of him, for some odd reason, he felt the need to go there.

Someone should have reminded him he was not speaking at a campaign rally. There is a time and place for politics. A funeral service to help heal racial divides is not the time or the place to stoke political divides.

Another amazing opportunity was sitting right in front of Obama to unite the country with the big mic, and he completely FUBAR'ed it to the bone. How many times has he missed the opportunity to really be a voice for unity?

If you have time, here's a great excerpt I read on Free Beacon. The book is "The War On Cops: How the New Attack on Law and Order Makes Everyone Less Safe." It breaks down Obama's speech after the Ferguson incident, which everyone now knows was the legitimate shooting of a man trying to take a cop's gun.

Who Thought that Politicizing Obama’s Speech Was a Good Idea?

President Obama was giving a pretty good speech this afternoon. And then, suddenly, he wasn’t:

CnL-ut9WcAAm_Lj.jpg Obama: "It's easier for a teenager to get his hands on a Glock than a computer...or even a book!"

For now, I shall ignore this flatly preposterous claim, and ask a question instead: Why did the president say this?

I appreciate that, from Obama’s perspective, gun control is important. I also understand that, from Obama’s perspective, there is nothing to be gained by “depoliticizing” this issue. He wants legislative change; his opponents don’t. If he remains quiet on the matter he has no chance whatsoever of winning.

But did this little moment really serve to help his cause? Twenty minutes ago, almost everyone I know thought that the president was doing a good job with his address. Now, at least half of them are irritated and upset. On Twitter, a debate over books and Glocks has broken out. People are shouting at one another. Where there was harmony, now there is discord.

This, remember, was a funeral — a funeral for one of the police officers who was murdered last Thursday. It wasn’t a rally. It wasn’t a White House press conference. It wasn’t a public statement, hastily arranged on the airport tarmac. It was a funeral. Presumably, those attending had all sorts of political opinions. Presumably, some of the cops were Republicans. Presumably, there was some serious disagreement in that room as to how the country should move forward. Wouldn’t it have been better to wait until the proceedings were over to call for change? Wouldn’t it have been more politically effective for the president to have made his push somewhere else?

Again, I am not suggesting that Obama should stay quiet on the matter in general. While I wish that he wouldn’t indulge in crass overstatements, he of course has every right to lobby for whatever alterations to the status quo he happens to covet.

I’m just wondering who thought it would be a good idea to make such a nakedly divisive statement at a memorial service. . . . . . Anyone?

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner

Can you imagine the **** storm if a President used the memorial for a black man shot by the police as a platform to speak on respect for law enforcement? This is pretty much similar - there's a time and place to convey a message, and he simply can't figure that out. Every moment is his, to do with what he chooses.

In truth, it's part and parcel of the Presidency, where you're surrounded by staff whose only purpose is to insulate you from every-day mundanities and ensure every moment is yours and yours alone. But in this case, it's also simply who he is - a community organizer and advocate, who doesn't know anything about leadership and only understands the soap box.

Obama: "It's easier for a teenager to get his hands on a Glock than a computer...or even a book!"

For now, I shall ignore this flatly preposterous claim,

Obama has that particular form of arrogance and intellectual dishonesty where he's thinking that claim not only isn't preposterous, but is an incontrovertible fact, simply because he wouldn't possibly make a statement like that if it wasn't an incontrovertible fact.

Twenty minutes ago, almost everyone I know thought that the president was doing a good job with his address. Now, at least half of them are irritated and upset. On Twitter, a debate over books and Glocks has broken out. People are shouting at one another. Where there was harmony, now there is discord.

This is the gist of what I've been explaining the past week. He's not solely responsible for the divisiveness running through the country, but you better beleive he's at the helm.

A day of mourning for five dead cops in a saddened city becomes, once again, a day of Obama-fueled arguing, explicitly because this is the America he wants. He needs the flames of racism burning hot, while millions of minorities sweat in a progressive cesspool of high unemployment, high crime, and Maury Povich DNA tests.

Make them miserable...make them desperate...then wait for the right moment to piss on the cops to incite more anger so the violence erupts.

It's so much easier to rule with a phone and a pen when everyone is fighting with each other, especially, in part, over the embarrassing actions of a man barely qualified to pour a cup of coffee.

Gonna be a long six months. I fear many more are going to die from this anger.

He started off good, he said the right things....During his first ten minutes or so while he was honoring the fallen and the living members of law enforcement something stood out to me. He looked exhausted, I got the impression he was done with all this and just wanted to go off into the sunset.

As the speech wore on he started politicizing. First the books to guns line, then the mention that things may get worse before they get better, then onto mention that something like this will inevitably happen again, and finally some weird message about everyone feeling prejudice at some point whether it's in their heads, houses, or even their hearts. Everyone has felt it, was what I remember from what he said?

So instead of taking the chance to unify an emotionally exhausted country he soothes everyone and only minutes later he seemingly warns us of "our" impending future and informs us of "our" past mistakes. So Mr. president you have felt prejudices towards people, or you have felt them from other people in your own home? That sure could use some clarity because it was a mess coming out of your mouth. Inciting an already angry mob, things may get worse? How about calling for things to come to a stand still while the officers involved are awarded their due process in MN and NO. I won't even address the books too guns line it's idiotic.

The last thing and maybe the most glaring thing I noticed was how much his demeanor changed once he moved past the first 10 minutes of his speech. He would have been better off sticking with honoring the fallen and cutting that speech 30 minutes short. Seeing an emotionally charged president getting political was the last thing we needed. The U.S. should adopt Rex's system of electing leaders, don't take it serious, change them often because we hardly ever get it right.

Well, well, well. An admitted lefty tell others to stop being a victim. Without the victim card lefties have no support. :doh:

I am a victim at times... I just know when to put down the shovel making it worse.

I am just trying to help my fellow Leftys and the now sniveling Right.

Don't worry, the tide will swing back as it wad 10 years ago and the Leftys will snivel again when not in power.

"Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples; too often we judge ourselves by our best intentions." -President G.W. Bush, during Dallas memorial.

Yeah, but if you read the liberal blogs, he was the most embarrassing attendee of the night.

"Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples; too often we judge ourselves by our best intentions." -President G.W. Bush, during Dallas memorial.

Gotta admit, the lack of pressures of the office helped him.

Is this like a term paper in college? I wonder how much he paid for those 19 words?

;-)

All joking aside, nice words.

Snowflakes scared of police on campus, forces University to shut down during RNC

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/12/students-scared-cops-on-campus-force-university-to-take-drastic-measures-during-rnc.html#

They should post "Police Free Zone" signs on campus. Let's see how long they last inside their safe space.

Wtf ? When did a bunch of community college kids get to start making rules ?

"I’m here to say that we must reject such despair... I’m here to insist that we are not so divided as we seem."

"I say that because I know America. I know how far we’ve come against impossible odds. I know we’ll make it because of what I’ve experienced in my own life.”

Said Barack Obama, speaking at the memorial service for the 5 police officers shot to death in Dallas.