A) Even optimistic projections have Manny missing a week or two and

B) Even if Johnson has the stuff, it usually wise to have a veteran backup and

C) Manny's contract really isn't that bad

I doubt that Manny will be cut now.

A) Even optimistic projections have Manny missing a week or two and

B) Even if Johnson has the stuff, it usually wise to have a veteran backup and

C) Manny's contract really isn't that bad

i agree - was surprised to see it too

It's a real possibility. Felton is not even in the top five run-blocking backs in the Bills. Only McCoy is worse, and we'll forgive him. Felton's yards per carry was 2.0 last year. Take Gronk who is a better receiver, and a decade younger.

Edited by Astrobot

I'll be very disappointed if Gragg makes the roster for another year. Always seems like they are trying to replace him, he has gotten plenty of time to develop and probably can't improve over what he is now. Think TE shapes up Clay, Dray and then one of Annen, O'Leary or a late roster cut from another team.

Manny Lawson is a decent starter/excellent depth guy. No reason to cut him other then to save money, the cap space isn't worth it come the start of the season. Highly doubt he goes anywhere.

Think Robey is on his way out soon. Between Moore, Seymour and Corey White, why do we need him?

I still call Felton cut, replaced by Gronkowski.

no way. none. Felton is one of the best FBs in the game. Not so awesome last year for us, but who was?

Glenn G goes to PS

you are wrong on this one Astro. respect you but, no.

O Leary has no chance. PS at best. not strong at anything

Annen and Gragg should be battling it if they cut to 3. Dray should be a lock because of Romanstyle. I could be wrong but it just makes sense to me.

WRs get dicey. Put Easley on PUP and let someone else start the season for him.

Corners will battle and ST play might make or break in regard to depth guys. Rex brought some boys ina and we know how he is with that stuff. See More stays if he continues his trending.

ILB depth is very interesting to me we know Brown Rags and Z Brown are down. Who else can step up ? Being a Striker fan he is still a longshot to fit at all.

Duke Williams. hmmmm...i have difficulty keeping a lamp lit for him. He really pissed me off last year. Meeks too.

I like this fellow Blanton but just from what i have read about his versatility since HS

IK and Felton do not belong on an NFL roster

But the reports were so good about IK this offseason in shorts?

Felton absolutely belongs.

Ask Kubiak how valuable a good FB can be this season

The one who caught my eye was Listenbee. Injury or not i just don't see him being cut. Look for Easley to go. I think that is why the Bills brought in a few other 'ST' signings, to compensate.

check my post 75

Edited by 3rdand12

Good take DB. I still think Easley makes it unless he really has not recovered from the surgery. He was one of the best gunners in the league.

I don't see them keeping a spot for Easley. Being amongst the best gunners in the league is like being the best detailer at the Rolls Royce factory....in the end, not much difference form the next guy in the overall fortunes of the team.

Roster spots are too valuable to hold for a guy who's only contribution his occasionally running down the feild and tackling someone---and who gets injured not infrequently.

I bet Listenbee could perform the same function on STs....and actually play WR as well.

• 2 weeks later...

If he is ready, but I think he is a long shot to be ready to play. That was a horrific injury. I would not be surprised if he is essentially redshirted this season on IR. Has anyone heard a progress report on Easley? I do not recall one.

Easely update

http://m.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-Today-Watkins-named-a-top-10-game-breaker/9af0ee5c-9e99-4993-bc6e-6e0fdb0596cf

I see the roster playing out as follows (w/ the signing of RB R. Bush, WR A. Bolden, and OG J. Evans, positions of need right now):

QB: Taylor/Manuel/Jones.

RB: McCoy/R. Bush/Gillislee/J. Williams.

FB: Felton.

TE: Clay/Dray.

WR: Watkins/Bolden/Woods/Hankerson/Salas/Lewis.

OT: Glenn/Henderson/Mills/Kouandjio.

OG: Incognito/Evans/Miller.

OC: Wood/Velasco.

K: Carpenter.

P: Schmidt.

LS: Sanborn.

DL: K. Williams/Dareus/Washington/Bryant/Worthy/Douzable/Hughes/Sh. Lawson/M. Lawson/Enempkpali/Alexander.

LB: P. Brown/Ragland/Z. Brown/Lattimore.

CB: Gilmore/Darby/Robey/Moore/White/Seymour.

S: A. Williams/Graham/Blanton/Anderson.

I think the Bills keep Sh. Lawson on the final roster, hoping that he only misses only three games.

RB K. Williams gets added to the roster after Week 4.

LB E. Striker will battle LB Lattimore for one of the final roster spots. I've got Lattimore winning that battle for now because he is more of a proven player in the NFL, but that could certainly change. Striker's uncanny ability to get to the QB has to be seriously considered.

I think the Bills will be forced to add RB R. Bush at this point with KW out for four weeks.

I'd like to see the Bills add WR Bolden who they could get for the vet minimum (about $950K) and OG J. Evans who would also come cheap. Bolden is a big WR who would help to improve the offense in a lot of ways. Evans would boost the play of the O-line with his size and experience. Adding Evans would give the O-line excellent depth.

OT S. Henderson and OT Mills will fight for the starting RT job. I expect Henderson to be healthy enough to make the final roster, but maybe not at full strength enough to be the starting RT.

FB Felton is better than FB/TE Gronkowski, but Felton may be waived if Gronk can show some skill on offense and ST. Gronk could play FB, TE, and ST very cheaply.

OT Kouandjio is on the bubble.

TE Gragg, WR G. Little, DT Zimmer, S D. Williams, and S Meeks all have a shot at the final roster spot depending upon what the Bills are looking for.

WR/ST ace M. Easley won't likely make the final roster because of the horrendous knee injury he suffered last year.