What is everyone doing for July 4th weekend ?

mead107

Tomorrow I fly to Denver to see my boys Umphrey's McGee at Red Rocks. I have a guy who works out of our Denver office who got us Row 1 tickets! Then I come back Sunday morning and rest these old bones.

Wife and I are heading up to Loon Lake. Going to Deer valley for lunch on Saturday. I understand it is owned by the Pegulas

Loon Lake? Is that Beerballs place?

Tomorrow I fly to Denver to see my boys Umphrey's McGee at Red Rocks. I have a guy who works out of our Denver office who got us Row 1 tickets! Then I come back Sunday morning and rest these old bones.

Loon Lake? Is that Beerballs place?

A friend of mine's parents own a house on Loon Lake. We ice-fish there yearly. It's a beautiful lake and putting it in the same sentence as that person you mentioned is a crime.

As for me ... I would love to catch the Glens Falls Symphony Orchestra in Crandall Park, then watch fireworks, on Sunday evening. But I think we may go to my sister-in-law's house that day/night, instead. So we'll catch fireworks on Monday in Lake George.

And who the hell says, "Row 1?" What about, "front row?"

And who the hell says, "Row 1?" What about, "front row?"

The guy who got me the tickets. If he can get me front row that when I mention that to Red Rocks veterans they say there is no such thing as reserved front row at Red Rocks it's all GA and he calls it Row 1 it's !@#$ing Row 1!!

Oh and he told me to bring a raincoat. WTF is a raincoat? Anybody??

Edited by Chef Jim

Your going to get pissed on?

Your friend forgot to tell you that 100 people will be standing in front of you.

I have not been to a show in several years where anyone (other than photographers) were in front of me and tomorrow will be no exception. :P

Hopefully boating on the south shore bays of Long Island, then fireworks from the dock (I have an aversion to boating at night). Sahlens hot dogs and Bubba burgers on the grill Saturday, Lobster on Sunday.

We'll watch the fireworks from our deck. If it's not too foggy, which it usually is this time of year, we'll be able to see all the shows up and down the bay. If nothing else we'll get to see the hours long show of illegal fireworks for down below in the flat lands. They've been going off every night since May. I was on a neighborhood blog and a woman asked when the fireworks start here. I said "usually the first week in June."