Andrew Luck signs new contract with Colts.

Signed through 2021 more details to come.

"Worth mentioning -- Luck's contract is up a year after the current CBA expires, and a year before the current TV deals are done."

#Colts QB Andrew Luck's 5-year extension pays him $75M over the first 3 years, source said. Slightly less over final 2 years.

$140 million over 6 years

Edited by Beef Jerky

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Early indication say it is bigger then Flaccos $22.1 per year.

#Colts QB Andrew Luck's 5-year extension pays him $75M over the first 3 years, source said. Slightly less over final 2 years.

Andrew Luck takes new crown of highest player in NFL history. Let's see how long it lasts.

Sal Capaccio (@SalSports) tweeted at 3:30 PM on Wed, Jun 29, 2016:

Unofficially, I believe 11 NFL QBs are now making $20M or more per season average. 17 of them are making $18M or more. Amazing.

(https://twitter.com/SalSports/status/748237240564916225?s=03)

Edited by Beef Jerky

i believe you think like their FO. That may be true that he doesn't but he also needs to stay healthy.

My point is that if you are absorbing that much of salary cap then you need to do more with less - it is a zero sum game and money being paid you could be used elsewhere.

And that's the end of the Colts. 52 other players that have to get paid. At least Baltimore won a SB before blowing their money on Flacco. Throwing all of your money at a QB never works

The experts say that the only player that matters is the QB though!

And that's the end of the Colts. 52 other players that have to get paid. At least Baltimore won a SB before blowing their money on Flacco. Throwing all of your money at a QB never works

Then it'll work out nicely as the rest of their roster isn't very good.

Tyrod will get 144 next year

I hope he deserves every penny.

Luck just spent nine weeks out of the game and not so good when in.

Crazy days.

But i do hope Mr Tyrod gets his, and for all the right reasons

I'm not exactly in the 'Luck is the best QB in the NFL' brigade but this should surprise nobody. If this is the price of keeping him, it's a smaller price than not having him.

I would've thought that the Colts would've resisted making the same mistakes that they made with Peyton in roster building but it appears not. Luck can't overcome insufficient talent every year. As much as I love Hilton/Moncrief, they're no Harrison/Wayne. I hope they can add enough that he can flourish because he has an undeniably ridiculous skill set.

He was just in a commercial... he can afford delivery.

Ha! well done Beef !!

I'm not exactly in the 'Luck is the best QB in the NFL' brigade but this should surprise nobody. If this is the price of keeping him, it's a smaller price than not having him.

I would've thought that the Colts would've resisted making the same mistakes that they made with Peyton in roster building but it appears not. Luck can't overcome insufficient talent every year. As much as I love Hilton/Moncrief, they're no Harrison/Wayne. I hope they can add enough that he can flourish because he has an undeniably ridiculous skill set.

You might think they would have put more effort into protecting him the last couple seasons if Colts had any sense ?

You might think they would have put more effort into protecting him the last couple seasons if Colts had any sense ?

Some Colts fans that I frequently interact with don't think their OL was as bad in 2015 as the vast majority make out. One of the things I'm interesting in doing is going back over his 2015 games to see how much truth there is to that suggestion.

On paper, their OL doesn't look like it should be anything higher than middle of the pack.