Ravens' LT Eugene Monroe Released after No Trade - Retired

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did they release him?

pot advocate and injured.

Ravens went out of their way to mention, his viewpoint does not reflect the Organization. Getting that message out there surely means it is an issue for them.

Probably paranoid about all the reefer smoke in the Coaches conference room

Edited by 3rdand12

I haven't really followed this but they are cutting him because he's an advocate for medical marijuana? That makes no sense to me. Has he ever failed a drug test? Sure there is money involved too but how do they know Ronnie Stanley is going to be any good right off the bat?

Edited by YoloinOhio

I haven't really followed this but they are cutting him because he's an advocate for medical marijuana? That makes no sense to me. Has he ever failed a drug test? Sure there is money involved too but how do they know Ronnie Stanley is going to be any good right off the bat?

Its conjecture on my part. But i did read an article that said they had made a statement, after releasing him.

Its conjecture on my part. But i did read an article that said they had made a statement, after releasing him.

yep

Ravens release marijuana advocate Eugene Monroe, say they weren't behind his cause: http://www.complex.com/sports/2016/06/ravens-release-marijuana-advocate-eugene-monroe?utm_campaign=complexmag&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Of course there is more to his release than just that.

Thanks for the find, to help validate my humble opinion Yolo ;)

Of course there is more to his release than just that.

Thanks for the find, to help validate my humble opinion Yolo ;)

they stood behind the wife beater longer than they did the marijuana advocate. Medical marijuana is about to be legal in ohio. This is a problem how? Enough to cut him? Guess I'm not getting the whole story. Ok Ravens. Edited by YoloinOhio

they stood behind the wife beater longer than they did the marijuana advocate. Medical marijuana is about to be legal in ohio. This is a problem how? Enough to cut him? Guess I'm not getting the whole story. Ok Ravens.

Gotta be injuries and or some discontent between Monroe and Ravens.

Be interesting to see how Eugene fairs in the market. should that be spelled fares?

No trade is was obvious once it was announced they would release him i imagine ?

Edited by 3rdand12

pot advocate and injured.

Ravens went out of their way to mention, his viewpoint does not reflect the Organization. Getting that message out there surely means it is an issue for them.

Probably paranoid about all the reefer smoke in the Coaches conference room

This "Organization" was fine at every level (HC, GM, owner) after they saw the video of Ray Rice dragging his unconscious wife out of an elevator.

I doubt it's the pot advocacy...

On NFLR yesterday they mentioned issues as contract disputes as to his value, that he was somewhat of a locker room problem (not the medical marijuana thing), and felt they had his replace,net with the draft pick who was a lot more reasonable in costs.

I have no idea and don't really care.

On NFLR yesterday they mentioned issues as contract disputes as to his value, that he was somewhat of a locker room problem (not the medical marijuana thing), and felt they had his replace,net with the draft pick who was a lot more reasonable in costs.

I have no idea and don't really care.

exactly. They released a statement about not agreeing with his advocacy the day he was released. That makes it appear as if it's a big factor in the decision. They should have said nothing about it, IMO. At least not the day of the release. Otherwise, people tie those things together and think it's why he's gone. He wrote a piece about medical marijuana for the Players Tribune, big deal. Just makes them look silly from my POV. Edited by YoloinOhio

This "Organization" was fine at every level (HC, GM, owner) after they saw the video of Ray Rice dragging his unconscious wife out of an elevator.

I doubt it's the pot advocacy...

I heard some inside info on that. Apparently Harbaugh (who I'm usually not a big fan of as a person) was strongly in favor of cutting ties with Rice immediately. Bisciotti and Newsome told him Rice was staying. The three showed a united face publicly (as they had to), but privately there was one dissenting voice.

In this case I have to think there's something that hasn't come to light - injury, looming suspension, undisclosed positive drug test. Something.