Jets' DL Wilkerson Signs a New Deal

Happy for Big Mo. He earned it. As far as Fitz, many of you hate to give credit to Rex, but he figured out Fitz's Achilles heel was throwing the outs to the sidelines, and his sweet spot was the kiddie of the field. In that second Jets game, they smothered the middle of the field and only gave him outside throws.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jets have the money now. Will be interesting to see if they pay Fitz. I don't think they will.

I think the Jets give Fitz a decent deal, they have such a ****ty situation at QB without him. But Fitz doesn't have the best options. They will shell out a decent price for him but not overpay either.

I think the Jets give Fitz a decent deal, they have such a ****ty situation at QB without him. But Fitz doesn't have the best options. They will shell out a decent price for him but not overpay either.

jets aren't going with geno

They were ready to go with Geno last year until IKE changed their plans. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that Gailey thinks he can do with Geno what he's done for Fitz, while he grooms Hack to take over, probably next year. But we shall see.

They were ready to go with Geno last year until IKE changed their plans. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that Gailey thinks he can do with Geno what he's done for Fitz, while he grooms Hack to take over, probably next year. But we shall see.

that wouldn't surprise me either.

He is who he is.....a loser as an NFL QB.

Oh, I know. I used to like everything else about him but his ability to choke at the worst moments. Now I love that part about him as well. ;)

Frankly I hope they do sign him to a $10M/year deal. Again I doubt he comes close to duplicating his career year, much less taking them to the playoffs.

@spotrac

Mo Wilkerson's reported $10M cap hit clears $5.701M in 2016 cap, giving the #Jets an est. $6.76M in Top 51 cap space after Darron Lee signs.

I saw on Spotrac yesterday that they had almost $16M after the deal. If it's just $6.76M they still don't have enough to give Fitz what he wants.

I saw on Spotrac yesterday that they had almost $16M after the deal. If it's just $6.76M they still don't have enough to give Fitz what he wants.

kind of surprised they still haven't signed their 1st rd pick

Actually no I'm not. His mom quit her job as a news woman here in Cbus to move to nj and be his "momager". Her words. No, I'm not kidding. She's probably holding things up.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Actually no I'm not. His mom quit her job as a news woman here in Cbus to move to nj and be his "momager". Her words. No, I'm not kidding. She's probably holding things up.

That should work out well.

This isn't going to end up with a court battle and Darron's primary Google search being 'Can an adult emancipate himself?'. Not a chance.