Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heard it Guerin, and its a done deal

Is it a source you trust? Nice pick, if true.

Here is an interesting paragraph from his bio. It sure looks like both of Buffalo's teams are heading into the deep end of the analytics pool.

"On June 6, 2014, Penguins General Manager Jim Rutherford announced that Guerin would be promoted to assistant general manager of the team. Rutherford said that Guerin would be focusing on developing the analytical side of the game."

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

Is it a source you trust? Nice pick, if true.

Here is an interesting paragraph from his bio. It sure looks like both of Buffalo's teams are heading into the deep end of the analytics pool.

"On June 6, 2014, Penguins General Manager Jim Rutherford announced that Guerin would be promoted to assistant general manager of the team. Rutherford said that Guerin would be focusing on developing the analytical side of the game."

It is, but certainly not something I would bet the house on...more like 65 % chance. My main problem with what i heard is that is was done a few days ago, just waiting on the announcement. That sounds fishy to me, and not sure why they would want to hold the news...maybe just not a good look with Whaley getting fired.

Yep. He played well, but I wasn't a fan of him.

Didn't like him in Colorado before he got to Buffalo, or when he was with NYR either.

And I recognize that I've really got no good basis for this.

Not even when he was pitching for the Trumbull CT LLWS champs??

Botterill would be a good choice, was a player, scout, assistant GM, GM of minor league team, salary cap expert, hired Mike Sullivan as coach, and who can deny his success with Pittsburgh, as helped Shero and Rutherford with building that team

Edited by bilzfancy

Hmmmm Pegs private jet is leaving Pittsburgh for Buffalo at 2 today

I can't argue with Botterill as GM. Everything I read about him has been very impressive, well excluding his NHL stats...

Edited by ricojes

It is, but certainly not something I would bet the house on...more like 65 % chance. My main problem with what i heard is that is was done a few days ago, just waiting on the announcement. That sounds fishy to me, and not sure why they would want to hold the news...maybe just not a good look with Whaley getting fired.

Looks like your source may be right. They were talking on WGR this morning saying it may be a two-fer, Guerin as Director of Hockey Operations and Botterill for GM.

Looks like your source may be right. They were talking on WGR this morning saying it may be a two-fer, Guerin as Director of Hockey Operations and Botterill for GM.

That's interesting...whats the difference between the two positions?