Brexit

Brexit  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Will Great Britain vote to leave the EU

2. 2. Should Great Britain vote to leave the EU

3. 3. Should the new version of TSW allow animated Hypnotoad Avatars

Wow. I can't believe that the president would threaten one of our most important and oldest allies with being treated like a red-headed stepchild. This clown can't be gone fast enough.

Don't worry, it won't be long before the Donald tells him "You're Fired!"

Tthis is the same John Kerry who this week said the Turkey airport bombing shows that ISIS is afraid and desperate.

Kerry is a charter member of the Asshat HOF, but he's right. There are a lot of fine points to hammer out on this 'exit', there is no template to follow, and despite the posturing of the idiots in Brussels, no decisions are "irreversible". So I could see it ending up as a very gradual move to a hybrid/partial exit.

He was in Vietnam you know.

Yes. And he admitted to shooting a fleeing Vietnamese teenager three times in the back.

I think he got a hangnail on the trigger guard doing that , and put himself in for his fourth Purple Heart.

John Kerry: Brexit could be ´walked back´

Guardian [uK],

Original Article

We know in the U.S. that you don't really need to listen to the serfs.

Someone tell him it's "the law of the land," and can't be changed, and Labour and the Liberal Democrats can sit in the back seat.

Smart investors made a killing this week off the overreactions of stupid people. Oh wait, that's not a change.

almost no one will make a killing long term and perhaps short term. an excellent explanation for the worlds money printing addiction and why it isn't sustainable.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/making-sense/column-the-monetary-bubble-to-end-all-bubbles-is-coming/

what was the eu's monetary response to brexit? what will the uk's be? take a guess.

On June 23, 2016, England voted to leave the European Union. What was the response of the European governments to this historic decision? Here are some of the responses:

1) The Italian government is looking to give $44 billion to Italian banks. Where is Italy going to get the money to give to their banks? The answer is to print money and create more debt.

2) The Bank of England is rumored to be considering even looser money in the form of cutting rates and restarting printing money.

3) Financial markets now wager that the U.S. Federal Reserve is more likely to cut rates in 2016 than to raise them as previously planned. In short, the government response to Brexit is print money and create more debt.

In March of this year, ECB President Mario Draghi announced that the ECB would begin directly supporting companies by buying their bonds — the IOUs they issue when they borrow money. Previously, all the euro printing had been directed toward buying government debt. With the European economy continuing to sputter, however, Mr. Draghi took more dramatic action to give money directly to companies in the hopes that they would use it to expand their operations and increase hiring.

The problem is that when the ECB lends newly minted money to companies by buying their bonds, it transfers wealth from European savers to companies.

The problem is that when the ECB lends newly minted money to companies by buying their bonds, it transfers wealth from European savers to companies. How so? Because the more money the ECB lends by buying corporate bonds, the lower the interest rate companies have to pay. Consider that Toyota sold a Euro-bond last week that pays no interest. Zero. Who would buy a bond that pays no interest? The European Central Bank is happy to, but in doing so, it forces savers who would invest in corporate bonds to accept a zero rate of interest as well.

and people here seriously question whether the market is manipulated?

Edited by birdog1960

So now the govt printing money is bad?

Printing money to pay off debt and buy a ****ty recovery were OK, but now printing money is bad?

it wasn't good then but probably necessary to avoid a total collapse. the reasons for the near collapse are still an issue.

but that was 2008. did anyone really expect that almost the entire world would still be printing money at this rate 8 years later? "The U.S. Federal Reserve has created over $3 trillion dollars of new money in the last decade (after taking nearly a century to create the first trillion)". does anyone really think that's a desirable situation?

the point is that the markets are being manipulated by the central banks and the stock market bounce after brexit can be explained by it. in the us market, much of that relates directly to what the fed will do in response to brexit. investors are betting on them not increasing and possibly decreasing interest rates and quite possibly more qe. it's likely a reasonable bet but long term the piper will need to be paid.

so, yeah. things are constant in the sense that central banks continue to print money like mad. but the fed's stated plan to increase interest rates has changed. and that's a big deal.

Edited by birdog1960

And based on the articles you linked, who's doing the manipulation?

it's called reading. you should try it.

the point is that the markets are being manipulated by the central banks and the stock market bounce after brexit can be explained by it. in the us market, much of that relates directly to what the fed will do in response to brexit. investors are betting on them not increasing and possibly decreasing interest rates and quite possibly more qe. it's likely a reasonable bet but long term the piper will need to be paid.

Our president just explained to NPR that the reason Britain voted to leave the EU is because they are afraid of "funny-looking people."

What in the holy hell? Could this man sound or act any more stupid? How pathetically disrespectful.

If you're not embarrassed by this fool, you have no sense of mutual respect.

"But what is absolutely true is that the ability to tap into a fear that people may have about losing control, and it offers some sort of vague, nostalgic feelings about how, you know, we'll make Britain great again or will make America great again. And the subtext for that is somehow that a bunch of foreigners, funny-looking people are coming in here and changing the basic character of the nation — I think that some of that is out there, both in Europe and the United States."

Our president just explained to NPR that the reason Britain voted to leave the EU is because they are afraid of "funny-looking people."

What in the holy hell? Could this man sound or act any more stupid? How pathetically disrespectful.

he's absolutely correct. and you seemingly ignored the part about people being nostalgic for the "good old days". you know, when there were unskilled and uneducated middle class jobs that often lasted a working lifetime. they don't exist anymore. they are not coming back. and neither brexit nor trump can change that. we live in a global economy. isolationism aint gonna work.

Actually, I kind of gotta agree with him, I mean they don't come no funnier looking than him and he's shown that he wants to "change the basic character of the nation" and look at how most folks react to him.

So yeah, what he's saying makes sense, to him at least...

it wasn't good then but probably necessary to avoid a total collapse. the reasons for the near collapse are still an issue.

but that was 2008. did anyone really expect that almost the entire world would still be printing money at this rate 8 years later? "The U.S. Federal Reserve has created over $3 trillion dollars of new money in the last decade (after taking nearly a century to create the first trillion)". does anyone really think that's a desirable situation?

so, yeah. things are constant in the sense that central banks continue to print money like mad. but the fed's stated plan to increase interest rates has changed. and that's a big deal.

If the feds are printing money and pumping it into the system, who is manipulating the economy?

it's called reading. you should try it.

Yes I did read it (and unlike you I understand it)

So where's your editorial on income inequality that's exacerbated by governments' policies?

Yes I did read it (and unlike you I understand it)

So where's your editorial on income inequality that's exacerbated by governments' policies?

it absolutely is exacerbating income inequality. I disagree with the central banks approach here. it's helping almost no one except the already wealthy. instead of printing more money, tax them more and put their freed up cash sitting on the sidelines back into the economy.

I haven't really been too involved in this thread but every time I see it on the board I think of something else. As many of you know I have made a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ pleasing women. It may be hard to believe but even I had to start somewhere. That was with code name Rheila Sabinowicz whose father was a wealthy lawyer. She wasn't my first girl but it was the first time I noticed the power I have over women. I actually had my own little abbreviated word.....brexit......for how easy it was to get her bra to exit. That was so many years ago and I had forgotten that word, which I kept to myself, until all of this stuff about England came about.

Code name Rheila was a good looking chick but a bit aggravating because she was so obsessed with me....or at least with my many skills. I basically discovered that women are willing to shower someone with riches if you can make them feel.....well, you know.....or maybe you don't know because if everyone did my skills wouldn't be so valuable. Anyway, with Rheila it wasn't direct payments. It was just driving fancy cars, eating at fancy restaurants, going to the country club, and the like. Until that point, I never really had much in terms of wealth. With Rheila's friends, I that the indirect benefits could into direct payments. She must have yapped about me to her friends because they'd all drag me to private areas of that Country Club and well.....you know....or maybe you don't. They's give me money and I'd feel a little dirty......which just made me all the more powerful with the next chick who was waiting.....and this went on for a while.

Sooner or later I figured out how to charge in such a way that although I was receiving real $$$$$ and a lot of it, I was receiving it somewhat indirectly. We'd have our session and then I'd offer her a nice glass of cola for $35,000 or so. Rich girls have a lot of connections....word got around and then it became clear that my discretion, coupled with my skills was the really valuable commodity. That combination is evidently rare. So rare that the business has evolved to the point where royalty checks roll in just when these chicks have fantasies about me. Having a Googlebot helps because his advanced analytics can determine when these events are going to occur. He worked out a whole advanced billing and discounting system and things run smoothly. He helped me enhance the code name encryption methodology so even idiots like Beerboy and Greggy can't screw it up.

Anyway, i guess what I'm saying is that my "Brexit" all worked out well for me even though it started out as something that wasn't all that organized. Maybe this Brexit will turn out well too.

it absolutely is exacerbating income inequality. I disagree with the central banks approach here. it's helping almost no one except the already wealthy. instead of printing more money, tax them more and put their freed up cash sitting on the sidelines back into the economy.

This is precisely why you're an idiot.