Prisco ranks Taylor 26 out of 32 starting QBs

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Dalton at 13 over Flacco at 15? Also ridiculous. Some other pretty bad errors too.

Dalton is so overrated, IMO. I honestly think he is marginally better than Fitz. He has just played on a great team his entire career so his stats look better.

Edited by vincec

well we clicked on it and are discussing it. isis won.

You don't have to be a Bills homer. Let's be objective here. Tyrod Taylor's 2016 QBR ranked him 7th in the league (tied with Cam). His QB rating placed him 10th in the league. Does this make him a top 10 quarterback? Maybe, maybe not. But it certainly should have him ranked much higher than 26th.

That ranking is ridiculous whether you're being objective or subjective.

i'd say lowest of 20th-ish high of 15 ish.

You don't have to be a Bills homer. Let's be objective here. Tyrod Taylor's 2016 QBR ranked him 7th in the league (tied with Cam). His QB rating placed him 10th in the league. Does this make him a top 10 quarterback? Maybe, maybe not. But it certainly should have him ranked much higher than 26th.

That ranking is ridiculous whether you're being objective or subjective.

And he did it his first year as a starter. If someone said he'd be #7 QBR going into training camp last year, you'd have them committed. That's why I don't get all the short selling now. I guess if you aren't perfect the moment you step on the field, you're a bust. Unless you are a #1 draft pick like Sam Bradford. You could blow for years and people will still think you are something. Edited by PromoTheRobot

Which means they aren't ranked on performance or ability but pedigree.

You would prefer Tyrod over Jameis and Mariota ?

I say maybe over Teddy B but hell to the no over the other 2. Jameis and Mariota will be amazing qb's jmo.

Dalton is so overrated, IMO. I honestly think he is marginally better than Fitz. He has just played on a great team his entire career so his stats look better.

Dalton was cash money last year. Quick and decisive.

And he did it his first year as a starter. If someone said he'd be #7 QBR going into training camp last year, you'd have them committed. That's why I don't get all the short selling now. I guess if you aren't perfect the moment you step on the field, you're a bust. Unless you are a #1 draft pick like Sam Bradford. You could blow for years and people will still think you are something.

Yea that's it. They aren't in love with him because he wasn't a 1st rounder.

Not because he got pantsed down the home stretch.

You would prefer Tyrod over Jameis and Mariota ?

I say maybe over Teddy B but hell to the no over the other 2. Jameis and Mariota will be amazing qb's jmo.

Dalton was cash money last year. Quick and decisive.

That's what I'm talking about. Your opinion of Mariota and Winston is colored by their high draft status. They may well be great eventually, but if they aren't, you'll give them the benefit of the doubt for years.

Yea that's it. They aren't in love with him because he wasn't a 1st rounder, not because he got pantsed down the home stretch.

Did Mariota and Winston get pantsed in any games last year? They didn't win many games, did they?

That's what I'm talking about. Your opinion of Mariota and Winston is colored by their high draft status. They may well be great eventually, but if they aren't, you'll give them the benefit of the doubt for years.

high draft status has nothing to do with it. Jameis and Mariota see the whole field and get rid of the ball quick.

You would prefer Tyrod over either ? Did you watch them play last year ? I'd trade him for either in a nanosecond.

high draft status has nothing to do with it. Jameis and Mariota see the whole field and get rid of the ball quick.

You would prefer Tyrod over either ? Did you watch them play last year ? I'd trade him for either in a nanosecond.

So why don't they win more games? You love guys who don't win. Edited by PromoTheRobot

Everything below the top 10 or so (which TT falls outside of currently) is a jumbled mess, so I'm not gonna get too offended by any particular ranking

yep, just reeks of incompetence. or maybe laziness. i guess he didn't think anyone would keep reading. more fool us.

So why don't they win more games? You love guys who don't win.

It's the reason the teams that drafted them had 1st and 2nd picks.

They both have bright futures and are better than Tyrod per me. Mock me when one of them flops. I'll take it.

Do you disagree ? I'd like to see our guy ball out and consistently make easy throws over the middle to clay and woods when Sammy has all the focus.

Mariota and Jameis would kill with our weapons. Tyrod has it made. 10-6 or die!

No more pantsing by the Alex smith/cousins/Bradfords of the world. Those losses are just shameful.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

It's the reason the teams that drafted them had 1st and 2nd picks.

They both have bright futures and are better than Tyrod per me. Mock me when one of them flops. I'll take it.

Do you disagree ? I'd like to see our guy ball out and consistently make easy throws over the middle to clay and woods when Sammy has all the focus.

Mariota and Jameis would kill with our weapons. Tyrod has it made. 10-6 or die!

No more pantsing by the Alex smith/cousins/Bradfords of the world. Those losses are just shameful.

Aren't you the guy who's always saying you are what your record says you are?

TT won 8, Winston won 6, Mariota won 3.

And here's a clue. QBs play defenses, not other QBs.

So you would or wouldn't trade Tyrod for Mariota/Jameis ?

I might take Winston. Not sold on Mariota. Unlike you I don't buy hype.

Just curious, would you trade TT for Wentz or Goff?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I might take Winston. Not sold on Mariota. Unlike you I don't buy hype.

Just curious, would you trade TT for Wentz or Goff?

What hype ? He looked pretty good at times, will not be the least bit surprised if Mariota is a great qb.

Can't answer the Goff/Wentz one don't know much about them but it's a probably for Goff at least.