Prisco ranks Taylor 26 out of 32 starting QBs

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I don't know. I do think the starting QBs have improved across the NFL over the past couple seasons, seeing Carr, Bortles and Cousins grow, Dalton take a big step, Winston and Mariota proving their worth in their first year... TT should probably be higher than Winston, Mariota and Teddy at least, but they are probably bumped because of their expectations and draft positions.

Edited by Big C

Yeah, I don't know. I do think the starting QBs have improved across the NFL over the past couple seasons, seeing Carr, Bortles and Cousins grow, Dalton take a big step, Winston and Mariota proving their worth in their first year... TT should probably be higher than Winston, Mariota and Teddy at least, but they are probably bumped because of their expectations and draft positions.

Which means they aren't ranked on performance or ability but pedigree.

Hard to really argue. There are so many QBs that put up good numbers how do you rank them all? Based on wins? Offense ranking? 24 starting QBs had a rating 88 or better, that doesn't include Luck, Romo, Flacco, or Winston.

QB numbers are inflated today.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Taylor as a traditional qb.... skill set wise this is about right. But in terms of what he means to his team. Very low. And I'm not a Tyrod believer. But i think it all depends on whet they are looking for in terms of a rubric.

Edited by Agent 91

Osweiler above Tyrod is ridiculous.

once you got below 16-17 it was all a lot of anyone could emerge and a who's who of maybe's and not much actual proven ability weighed against possibility.

once you got below 16-17 it was all a lot of anyone could emerge and a who's who of maybe's and not much actual proven ability weighed against possibility.

Tyrod turned in a fantastic season last year, Osweiler got benched for a one armed Peyton Manning.

You don't have to be a Bills homer. Let's be objective here. Tyrod Taylor's 2016 QBR ranked him 7th in the league (tied with Cam). His QB rating placed him 10th in the league. Does this make him a top 10 quarterback? Maybe, maybe not. But it certainly should have him ranked much higher than 26th.

That ranking is ridiculous whether you're being objective or subjective.

You don't have to be a Bills homer. Let's be objective here. Tyrod Taylor's 2016 QBR ranked him 7th in the league (tied with Cam). His QB rating placed him 10th in the league. Does this make him a top 10 quarterback? Maybe, maybe not. But it certainly should have him ranked much higher than 26th.

That ranking is ridiculous whether you're being objective or subjective.

that was kind of my thought as well