Baylor fires Art Briles

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that's really disturbing. I guess you have to remember that they get at least part of their moral compass from their parents. If Art is capable of turning a blind eye to this much, it shouldn't be a shock to see his kids being willing to do likewise.

I've cut members of my family out over less than this. I can't fathom having that kind of loyalty to someone.

I can see and support not "cutting him out". He is their father and a human being. Yes, he made mistakes but you don't give up on a person because of them. On the other hand, I don't think they should be defending his actions or attacking his accusers. That's not helping anybody.

Edited by vincec

• 2 weeks later...

Wait...

@cbssportsCFB

Reports: Baylor brass considering one-year suspension for Art Briles http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/baylor-brass-reportedly-considering-one-year-suspension-for-art-briles

Baylor's administration is reportedly considering a reversal of last month's decision to dismiss football coach Art Briles in the wake of the Pepper Hamilton report, which revealed the mishandling of sexual assault allegations in the football program and alleged major issues with the culture around Waco, Texas.

Briles, who was technically suspended with the intent to terminate his employment, was not the only one to fall at Baylor.

Edited by YoloinOhio

The Clery Act and Title IX fines will be astronomical. My geuss is that if they don't fire Briles, the Feds will make Baylor the first IX violating institution to receive the ultimate penalty...loss of Federal funding.

http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Sources--Briles-could-be-back-382684081.html?_ga=1.180988775.1123565772.1459363737

Baylor regents talked Monday night whether to bring suspended head football coach Art Briles back for the 2017 season, sources close to the situation confirmed.

A preliminary vote on the matter was very close, sources said.

Some major university supporters are pushing for Briles’ return.

WTF.

Probably a healthy amount and some form of NDA included to stop Baylor looking even worse.

Not sure what Briles could/would disclose that wouldn't make him look even worse than he does now. He won't need that NDA--except as an excuse not to explain his own inaction and misdeeds.

Not sure what Briles could/would disclose that wouldn't make him look even worse than he does now. He won't need that NDA--except as an excuse not to explain his own inaction and misdeeds.

I would've thought it would be standard practice, even just as an insurance policy. Possibly bitter former employee with inside knowledge of a huge scandal.

There may be institutional failings that haven't made the public domain yet.

I would've thought it would be standard practice, even just as an insurance policy. Possibly bitter former employee with inside knowledge of a huge scandal.

There may be institutional failings that haven't made the public domain yet.

Maybe, but Briles can only incriminate himself by talking. He's happy to have a NDA to hide behind... if it doesn't exist. Even if it does, he will be forced to speak up if there is a civil suit.