Carucci thinks right side could be worse

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vic's takes have been odd in this series, such as him also suggesting the QB situation is worse going into this year. I don't know how it could get worse than what the Bills went into training camp with last summer.

Cardale could be worse than Cassel.

So what if he is? He won't be getting reps with the first string like Washed-up dish-rag-armed White Castle and EJ were all through TC and the preseason. He's going to be brought along slooooowly. TT will be groomed and the offense tailored to his strengths.

There is now more video/info about the Bills offense (schemes, tendencies and players) after the first season with Roman as our offensive coordinator. Opposing defenses will be more prepared and looking to exploit weaknesses on the o-line and in Taylor's game. I expect the first thing they will try to do is shut down the running game. We will see how that goes.

That's why teams have specific game plans based upon who the opponent is and it's no different for the Bills. Roman is pretty darned good at devising plans of attack so that the offense isn't predictable from week to week and they have enough talented players to be successful.

@PFF

Longest time to throw (on average) last season: 1. Tyrod Taylor 2. Johnny Manziel 3. Teddy Bridgewater 4. Russell Wilson 5. Aaron Rodgers

Now you all know I'm not a huge PFF guy, but it's good to see that the numbers back up what many of us were sure we saw.

It's one of the key areas in which Tyrod needs to improve

Now you all know I'm not a huge PFF guy, but it's good to see that the numbers back up what many of us were sure we saw.

It's one of the key areas in which Tyrod needs to improve

Some of that is attributable to his ability to buy time with his mobility.

They could be worse, they could be BETTER. So could the left side. Or any position for that matter.

Vic hangin' with Sully and Gleason too much now and his analysis is suffering.

Some of that is attributable to his ability to buy time with his mobility.

Very true. Biggest improvement I want to see is his ability to work the middle of the field.

Edited by The Thurmanator

its all about the pocket. Bills know they can run.

Line will be plenty good enough

They will be able to run if the have Sammy. They need at least a little threat of passing to keep the defense from putting 9 men in the box. If Sammy stays healthy all season then I think they will be OK at OL, although depth is a concern as usual.

This is the first time in TWENTY years that we're returning the same OL. The chemistry alone will make them better.

I think the rookie OL are going to be perfect fits for G-Ro's system, especially Lumpkin. His specialty is pulling and delivering precise blocks at the second level.

The addition of Velasco is a stopgap, he has 2-3 years left.

I was hoping that they would draft somewhere in the 3rd or 4th round to shore up that side. But, when i saw that they didn't,

I simply deduced that they're comfotable with who they have. But i sure hope those guys improve this year.

Go Bills in 2016.

I expect you are correct. Bills/G-ro. kromer must feel good about the line . Lets hope they are right !!

They will be able to run if the have Sammy. They need at least a little threat of passing to keep the defense from putting 9 men in the box. If Sammy stays healthy all season then I think they will be OK at OL, although depth is a concern as usual.

I have depth concerns at a lot of positions honestly.

In pro football prospectus, studies done showed the #1 factor in increasing OL play was continuity. The #2 factor was bringing in a new OC who was on his first or second year. In fact, it showed most OL got worse not better when high priced FA's were brought in.

So by staying "status quo", the Bills actually did the most successful thing by far to make the OL better.

Edited by matter2003

I expect you are correct. Bills/G-ro. kromer must feel good about the line . Lets hope they are right !!

I have depth concerns at a lot of positions honestly.

3rd and 12, not to divert the topic, but I'd be interested in knowing what other positions you have depth concerns. FWIW

@PFF

Longest time to throw (on average) last season: 1. Tyrod Taylor 2. Johnny Manziel 3. Teddy Bridgewater 4. Russell Wilson 5. Aaron Rodgers

So basically they weren't that bad. As a matter of fact, they were decent. It was TT holding onto the ball a little too long like most rookie starters ( not rookie, but rookie starter). Good points on Mills and Miller with an entire off season to gel with the continuity of the line, and Henderson might be back ok.

We brought in some role players, but again it's not Madden so we can't address every position. I think we'll be fine and I like Vic, but he's writing a 10 part series as filler in the dog days of summer. There is nothing to talk about so you look at every position, and find things to report.