The Johnson Thread

No , the religious folk are the ones who are deranged.

That , however is not PC to say.

On the contrary, it is exactly what the PC crowd would say.

There is nothing courageous about criticizing religion........it is a sport on the Left.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In theory, I believe that a business owner should be able to deny service to any person at any time for any reason. If the same service can reasonably be procured at another business, I don't see how a single business denying service violates one's rights. The problem arises when there are not reasonable alternatives, or when the alternatives either independently of in collusion with one another decide to deny service to the same person or people. For example, let's say I live a rural town with 4 gas stations, but besides those 4 there is not another gas station for 100 miles in any direction. If one of the gas stations denies me service because I'm balding, I can simply choose to go to one of the other three and go about my business, and my rights are not being violated. If the other three gas stations close or also decide they don't serve balding men, now my rights are being violated because driving 200 miles round trip just for gas is not a reasonable alternative. In a practical sense, it is much more efficient for the gov't to say businesses can't discriminate than it is for them to investigate and determine which individual discriminations actually result in a violation of rights, and that's a trade off I'm ok with even though it goes against my beliefs on the rights of business owners in a theoretical sense.

Edited by Chandemonium

No , the religious folk are the ones who are deranged. That , however is not PC to say. I personally do not care if someone wants to believe in fairy tales, they are free to do so. I'm not aware of any religious text that says one should not photograph a particular type of ceremony or that one should not provide food to any non heterosexuals in exchange for a cash retainer. But hey, I'm no expert on fairy tales either.

By working for it, they are complicit in it.

Businesses have the right to do whatever the hell they want as long as it doesn't infringe on anyone else's rights. They are personal businesses. If I don't like the look of you, I have the right to not do ****.

Businesses have the right to do whatever the hell they want as long as it doesn't infringe on anyone else's rights. They are personal businesses. If I don't like the look of you, I have the right to not do ****.

That is a stretch. Is the cashier at Walgreens complicit in homosexuality if she checks out a gay customer purchasing condoms? Where would this kind of thing end? A black hole, indeed. Actually, business do not. They are given certain advantages by the government , and therefore must abide by certain rules. Most business are somebody's personal business. So what? Run it completely off the books and unbeknownst to the government , then do as you please.

On the contrary, it is exactly what the PC crowd would say.

There is nothing courageous about criticizing religion........it is a sport on the Left.

There is nothing courageous or inherently righteous about being religious either. I still say criticizing overzealous religious dogma while amongst a group is not considered PC . Accepting it in silence is PC

That is a stretch. Is the cashier at Walgreens complicit in homosexuality if she checks out a gay customer purchasing condoms? Where would this kind of thing end? A black hole, indeed. Actually, business do not. They are given certain advantages by the government , and therefore must abide by certain rules. Most business are somebody's personal business. So what? Run it completely off the books and unbeknownst to the government , then do as you please.

There is nothing courageous or inherently righteous about being religious either. I still say criticizing overzealous religious dogma while amongst a group is not considered PC . Accepting it in silence is PC

The cashier does not own the business. They can be fired. Try again with a better comparison.

So if you don't like a person's skin tone, you don't have to serve them?

So if you don't like a person's skin tone, you don't have to serve them?

If you own the business, yep.

I realize that's a cold stance to take, but I believe such folks in today's day and age would be corrected by the free market. We don't need government assistance to regulate !@#$s. Human beings will do just fine by giving a damn.

There are no personal businesses you are thinking of hobbies - If businesses were personal then any business debts should become personal debts, and any death or injury caused by business activity should result in personal charges (assault, manslaughter, murder) - any business that has any form of limited liability is not personal.

There are no personal businesses you are thinking of hobbies - If businesses were personal then any business debts should become personal debts, and any death or injury caused by business activity should result in personal charges (assault, manslaughter, murder) - any business that has any form of limited liability is not personal.

Now explain again why the CEO's of banks should be in jail...

Wait what?

Yea, that's a bad idea and in many business sectors such as property management there are laws against discriminatory actions.

I realize there are laws against it, but it wouldn't be the first or last useless law that we don't need.