2/3 of US would struggle to cover $1,000 crisis

Could you cover a $1,000 Emergency Expense  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Could you cover a $1,000 Emergency Expense

• Yes
    • No

Your argument boils down to "I've done well because I've worked hard and made the right choices therefore anyone who hasn't done well must be lazy and has made the wrong choices" I'm just extending your argument

which is poverty is a choice and circumstance doesn't really matter.

Excellent article here about Bills prospect Kevon Seymour.

Born into a cycle of poverty and crime that goes back at least three generations, he made difference choices and broke the cycle.

And no, before your inner gatorman pops up, this isn't about his choice to play football. Read the story. Find the choices he made.

They'll be obvious even to a person like you, who needs to blame the problems and circumstances of "those who won't" almost exclusively on "those who did."

Laziest thinking ever.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you know what the word concerted means- perhaps you mean conscious

So you are putting her on a Performance Improvement plan but have already decided to fire her in 30 days - may I ask where you work?

It's pretty simple, if she can't show up and clock in on time, and has to leave with an scuse all the time, 30 days should be sufficient- we have had documented discussion about these issues, the PIP is a HR formality,

So you are putting her on a Performance Improvement plan but have already decided to fire her in 30 days - may I ask where you work?

What world do you live in? No one puts an employee on a PIP who they haven't decided to fire already.

Your argument boils down to "I've done well because I've worked hard and made the right choices therefore anyone who hasn't done well must be lazy and has made the wrong choices" I'm just extending your argument

which is poverty is a choice and circumstance doesn't really matter.

Excellent article here about Bills prospect Kevon Seymour.

Born into a cycle of poverty and crime that goes back at least three generations, he made difference choices and broke the cycle.

And no, before your inner gatorman pops up, this isn't about his choice to play football. Read the story. Find the choices he made.

They'll be obvious even to a person like you, who needs to blame the problems and circumstances of "those who won't" almost exclusively on "those who did."

Laziest thinking ever.

Dude, I just described Chef's argument, which you then basically repeat with an anecdotal story- It seems like you are agreeing with my description of Chef's argument and are telling me you share his argument - if you are trying to make a different point please clarify.

What world do you live in? No one puts an employee on a PIP who they haven't decided to fire already.

So you would describe putting an employee on PIP as a token gesture to avoid wrongful termination lawsuits

PIP is code for CYA... Bob's an MD is I recall, they typically have little insight to things outside of the exam room... which is appropriate.

Anyone who's ever read an HR handbook knows PIP is code for CYA...and for "update your resume."

Bob doesn't understand that because Bob thinks employment is a charitable institution.

Anyone who's ever read an HR handbook knows PIP is code for CYA...and for "update your resume."

Bob doesn't understand that because Bob thinks employment is a charitable institution.

Unbelievable.

I wonder what ..booby's suggestion would be to fire people who deserve to be fired?

Bob works for a non-profit, huh?

so, in conclusion, it's the circle jerks opinion that 2/3 of the us population are worthless, low life, good for nothing, lazy scumbags, that are unwilling to pull their own weight.

why do any of you choose to live in a country that is full of these people?

Edited by birdog1960

so, in conclusion, it's the circle jerks opinion that 2/3 of the us population are worthless, low life, good for nothing, lazy scumbags, that are unwilling to pull their own weight.

It's actually the circle jerk's opinion that 2/3 of the US population have (and continue to make) poor financial decisions. Why you feel the need to ascribe words like "worthless", "low-life", and "scumbags" to that is your issue.

It's actually the circle jerk's opinion that 2/3 of the US population have (and continue to make) poor financial decisions. Why you feel the need to ascribe words like "worthless", "low-life", and "scumbags" to that is your issue.

Bird isn't good with comparisons. To him a spleen surgey is the same as a labrum surgery after all. ;)

it was mean to be spelled "jerks"- a double entendre .

but I didn't see any of the jerks challenge this assertion:

"I think you misinterpret laziness or bad choices for complacency. It's funny that you think adversity, luck, the sperm lottery, and fate play a role with a person's financial life, but hard work and dedication are shrugged off as meaningless or ineffective. Nothing is guaranteed in life, yes sometimes you can pour everything you have into something and still fail. However, I am hesitant to believe in the internet and entertainment age we live in, that everyone is pouring everything they have into being successful and still just failing."

so it's not laziness, it's complacency. people are satisfied having no emergency cash. got it :doh: what are the opposites of hard work and dedication? incidentally, these aren't isolated sentiments in a single thread. i'll stick by my characterization, thank you very much.

Edited by birdog1960

It's no surprise you've come to the wrong conclusion. Thanks for playing.

it was mean to be spelled "jerks"- a double entendre .

but I didn't see any of the jerks challenge this assertion:

"I think you misinterpret laziness or bad choices for complacency. It's funny that you think adversity, luck, the sperm lottery, and fate play a role with a person's financial life, but hard work and dedication are shrugged off as meaningless or ineffective. Nothing is guaranteed in life, yes sometimes you can pour everything you have into something and still fail. However, I am hesitant to believe in the internet and entertainment age we live in, that everyone is pouring everything they have into being successful and still just failing."

so it's not laziness, it's complacency. people are satisfied having no emergency cash. got it :doh: what are the opposites of hard work and dedication? incidentally, these aren't isolated sentiments in a single thread. i'll stick by my characterization, thank you very much.

Idiot of the month status locked in.

15 games ahead of Tiberius and Truth on Hold. Nice work Bird.

Tsw/PPP so versatile.

Spleen > Skelton.

It's no surprise you've come to the wrong conclusion. Thanks for playing.

what is the opposite of hard work?

the opposite of dedication?

what descriptor does not "pouring everything into being successful" imply.

now it's a circle jerk concerted straw man attack. par for the putt putt course of tsw. that and calling something that is clearly black, white, while denying the existence of gray.