Bills' 2016 Training Camp - Day 2

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i read his write up on the practice earlier. Don't do it unless you want to be depressed.

I already did. Didn't go to camp yesterday but did today. If Taylor was mediocre I'd like to see what he needs to do to be good.

I mean he didn't light the field on fire but for the second day of camp he was making the throws look easy.

Edited by The Wiz

I already did. Didn't go to camp yesterday but did today. If Taylor was mediocre I'd like to see what he needs to do to be good.

I mean he didn't light the field on fire but for the second day of camp he was making the throws look easy.

good to hear

It's always hard to know how to feel about the practice reports. Not everyone can look good at the same time. Maybe TT looked mediocre because the defense was good. Maybe Darby looked bad because TT and the WRs were good.

Edited by YoloinOhio

good to hear

It's always hard to know how to feel about the practice reports. Not everyone can look good at the same time. Maybe TT looked mediocre because the defense was good. Maybe Darby looked bad because TT and the WRs were good.

It really is hard to tell even being there. He had throws that were meh and others that we threading the needle. Can only say he didn't look mediocre IMO. His motion and body position looked crisp and pointed on target.

good to hear

It's usually the worst possible reason.

I will say one thing that's odd to me, could just be because it's camp, both ej and Jones go through their reads with their whole body(shifting positions) but TT mainly went through with his eyes and then adjusted his body. He did make small moved toward the target but was mostly within if say 30 degrees of straight down the field until the throw. I'd have to take a look at game film to see if this is normal for him or he already has his receiver picked out and is just keeping himself ready to snap into position for that read.

Edited by The Wiz

i felt the same but then I remembered how much Joe downplayed TT last TC and made himself look like an ass when TT earned the starting job.

Actually Joe B didn't downplay TT a ton last year, I just reread his TC reports. Quite the opposite actually. He had him winning the QB battles a number of times in the first week of camp. Talked about how he, TT, was the only guy with big play potential. But he did say last year that TT started slow.

Saying all that, it's day 2. Still very early. Still getting timing down. And even then they are working on specific things, so who knows.

Cardale is in camp with coaches known for making QB's mediocre.... He's gonna have to be strong to develop his own skill set... Rex... Lee... Roman... are all QB killers..., I hope he gets the best of the experience.

Lastly, outside linebacker turned middle linebacker Randell Johnson showed fantastic instincts and recognition on a screen play to a running back out in the flat area, getting to him before the blockers established their territory, and stopped the play behind the backfield. Johnson is battling Lattimore, Zach Brown, Eric Striker, and Kevin Reddick for a spot on the roster as depth behind Preston Brown and Reggie Ragland.

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/7-bills-training-camp-observations-day-2-731

This I don't get. Is he that bad of a prospect as an outside LB, I thought he would be a natural fit there.

Cardale is in camp with coaches known for making QB's mediocre.... He's gonna have to be strong to develop his own skill set... Rex... Lee... Roman... are all QB killers..., I hope he gets the best of the experience.

Well they(Rex, Lee, Roman) have either done a great job in the limited time they have been working with him or he has been exactly as expected.

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/7-bills-training-camp-observations-day-2-731

This I don't get. Is he that bad of a prospect as an outside LB, I thought he would be a natural fit there.

Might depend on how they are using the OLB vs ILB.

Edited by The Wiz

Astro said he wasn't going to do reports because of the Media restrictions back during the OTAs, some one up there needs to get a hold of him about this.

Also each day should have its own thread.

we all miss Astro

Thank goodness The Wiz is wiling to share his experience..

Astro need more Good Smoke bbq Hmmm ?!!

Edited by 3rdand12

Bills working kickoff return and Powell and Goodwin are the two main returners.

Cliffs notes from today: -Lots of offsides penalties -defense getting better of offense 7/7 -Little and Salas getting a lot more work at WR

By the way, Ragland has not looked out of place in coverage. But, been running a lot of zone with LB

Sal Capaccio@SalSports 11m

Jerry Hughes just destroyed Jim Dray on the edge. Had no chance.

Sal Capaccio@SalSports 2m

The fire drill alarm is going off here at St. John Fisher while team practices.

any word on Justin Zimmer?