Sammy Watkins Has a Broken Foot; Ready for Camp?

Again, I'm skeptical that its a Jones fracture. I had difficulty putting any weight on my foot after the fracture (it was an acute fracture and not chronic), and I don't think he could've played on it if it was a Jones fracture. Also he played great down the stretch. It also seems unlikely that complications from the surgery cause the injury to be worse then fractures he PLAYED with last year.

I'm no doctor but this line of thought makes sense to me.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ach, ich kann das nicht glauben!

Glauben, dass es alte Frau . Glaube es.

Goodwin is an olympic level athlete, just doesn't have the musculoskeletal talent to withstand NFL punishment. I'm afraid Watkins' issues are following a similar trend.

He's only started every game in 50% of the seasons he's played. It's literally a coin flip if he'll play every game this year.

You look at those stats and that's what you choose to see. I see that Kyle started every game he's played in except for the first five in his Rookie year.

Find out? Outside of Listenbee, what is their to find out?

The rest of the guys they have are Woods, Goodwin(who is always hurt) and a bunch of scrubs who are well established in this league as scrubs.

7-11 was a scrub till he came to the bills as well remember that (well....actually some still consider him a scrub but he was good enough to be our 3rd reciever)

Is there any reason WHY we would march him out there till he is fully healed?

He knows the offense

Tyrod already has chemistry with him

We need to find out what we have BEYOND Watkins and Woods...this is an excellent time to do that.

Remember when Doug Marrone made Sammy play injured...in preseason? That was smart.

Is there any reason WHY we would march him out there till he is fully healed?

He knows the offense

Tyrod already has chemistry with him

We need to find out what we have BEYOND Watkins and Woods...this is an excellent time to do that.

No need to rush but if Sammy likely misses all of the pre-season and camp it could result in a slow start to the season for him. He can keep in shape relatively speaking but nothing can replace camp and pre-season in regard to getting ready for the season. Although I agree it would generally be a very easy transition for him to make.

@viccarucci

#Bills WR Sammy Watkins tells me walking boot on left foot coming off tomorrow. Doesn't know exactly what causes stress fracture.

@mikerodak

Sammy Watkins says there's no timetable for his return from foot. Hopes to get walking boot off soon. "Only... http://es.pn/25B0Xmy

@buffalobills

Watkins: "Boot comes off tomorrow...I have to be careful and take this recovery slow. The goal is regular season."

Cj4JfFFXIAE_kCq.jpg

@viccarucci

Watkins says he doesn't know timetable for recovery from foot surgery. Not sure if he'll be at #Bills camp.

So the other guys report tomorrow and Rodak reports soon.

Also said it was a hope when Sammy directly said it was coming off tomorrow.

@SalSports

Sammy Watkins does not rule out being ready for Bills training camp. "Hopefully," he said.

@AdamBenigni

#Bills Sammy Watkins says stress fracture (foot) was detected as part of normal evaluation... Doesn't know when it happened. @wgrz

#Bills Sammy Watkins on concept of being injury prone: "That's the world we live in... Everybody needs a story." Says injuries happen. @wgrz

@viccarucci

Watkins says he doesn't know timetable for recovery from foot surgery. Not sure if he'll be at #Bills camp.

Also said it was a hope when Sammy directly said it was coming off tomorrow.

@SalSports

Sammy Watkins does not rule out being ready for Bills training camp. "Hopefully," he said.

@AdamBenigni

#Bills Sammy Watkins says stress fracture (foot) was detected as part of normal evaluation... Doesn't know when it happened. @wgrz

#Bills Sammy Watkins on concept of being injury prone: "That's the world we live in... Everybody needs a story." Says injuries happen. @wgrz

You know who gets labeled "injury prone"? Guys who try to come back from injury too quickly and keep getting hurt. Take your time and get right, Sammy.

Barley - couldn't agree more. The others cited with a similar injury who came back early were hurt again. Those that took care of it and played it safe, were fine. Bones tend to be even stronger once healed.

I'm really not worried about this one. I doubt anyone is worried about Ware being out for his back. He's just been given a pass for OTA's to rest.

It was cool the other day Pat Kirwan took a lot of time and broke down every snap on the Bills last three games. He slammed Mario hard for giving up, and having zero impact. He then stated how much more effective Hughes was when flipping him to the same side. He also raved about Sammy's impact on the team.

What I really loved is he broke down a lot of advanced stats, and gave tons of data on each of these guys. He was a little concerned TT could take the next step.

Listen on demand if interested if you have a Sirius subscription.

Barley - couldn't agree more. The others cited with a similar injury who came back early were hurt again. Those that took care of it and played it safe, were fine. Bones tend to be even stronger once healed.

I'm really not worried about this one. I doubt anyone is worried about Ware being out for his back. He's just been given a pass for OTA's to rest.

It was cool the other day Pat Kirwan took a lot of time and broke down every snap on the Bills last three games. He slammed Mario hard for giving up, and having zero impact. He then stated how much more effective Hughes was when flipping him to the same side. He also raved about Sammy's impact on the team.

What I really loved is he broke down a lot of advanced stats, and gave tons of data on each of these guys. He was a little concerned TT could take the next step.

Listen on demand if interested if you have a Sirius subscription.

Can you subscribe to Sirius via the web and get this programming or do you need a satellite radio?

This was short but good. Bell is a physical therapist with a lot of experience with athletes. And she's relatively optimistic about Sammy, emphasizing the Bills need to be cautious about exposing him to sheer and stress forces too soon.

She also mentioned the Bills have begun using 'blood flow restriction training' which could help Sammy.

If you keep watching, she talks about Shaq Lawson's injury. She expects it'll be a 6 month recovery.