Titans Release Zach Mettenberger; Claimed by the Chargers

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes to Zach.

I'd dump EJ for a conditional pick if you think you can get one.

They won't do it, but I would.

Much better than EJ or Cardale will ever be. He will be snatched up by a team that actually knows what a QB looks like pretty quickly

The Titans signed Cassel and cut Mettenberger. Tells me all I need to know.

Odd.

They do have Matt Cassel now.

Much better than EJ or Cardale will ever be. He will be snatched up by a team that actually knows what a QB looks like pretty quickly

I'm sorry, but this makes no sense.

You do not know what Cardale will do in the future--you don't.

I also fail to see how a guy with 0 wins and 12 TDs/14 INTs in 10 career starts is the model of "what a QB looks like".

I think there's ability there, and he hasn't bombed out yet (which puts him ahead of EJ IMO), but let's not go the silly route.

The Titans signed Cassel and cut Mettenberger. Tells me all I need to know.

My reasoning is simple: I think Mettenberger has a better chance (albeit slightly) to not lose the game if he has to play, whereas EJ legitimately lost the Jacksonville game when all he had to do was not turn the ball over.

I like Mettenberger more than EJ. I would try to get something for EJ (anything) and bring in Mettenberger. I doubt that it happens. I bet someone claims him before us.

Homer

:lol:

My reasoning is simple: I think Mettenberger has a better chance (albeit slightly) to not lose the game if he has to play, whereas EJ legitimately lost the Jacksonville game when all he had to do was not turn the ball over.

Mettenberger stinks and showed just how bad he is when Mariota was injured last season. No Thanks!

I like Mettenberger more than EJ. I would try to get something for EJ (anything) and bring in Mettenberger. I doubt that it happens. I bet someone claims him before us.

Philly maybe?

Edited by plenzmd1

I think there's ability there, and he hasn't bombed out yet (which puts him ahead of EJ IMO), but let's not go the silly route.

The fact that he started so early in the process really hindered any development. That story sounds way too familiar.

I like Mett, I genuinely thought he would be a long term project that might be a very good QB along the line.

The fact that he started so early in the process really hindered any development. That story sounds way too familiar.

I like Mett, I genuinely thought he would be a long term project that might be a very good QB along the line.

Agreed on both accounts--I actually had him as an R4 in 2014.

Totally unrelated side note: did you see that Chicago signed Kieran Duncan? Didn't he catch passes from your guy Bonner?

I'm wagering he resurfaces with the Jets.

So they go to camp with Geno/Petty/Hackenberg/Mettenberger? What a mess!

Oh, joy, one of the TSW Warrior goldenboys in which where they accuse everyone of having rose colored glasses about a player while believing Zach Mettenberger is going to the hall.

Yes, that is exactly what's already happening in this thread. Like 100% accurate.

Or not.

Good point. You gotta wonder if the Titans know something about Mettenberger that the rest of us don't.

If Mett was worth anything, there's no way he gets cut in favor of Matt FN Cassel when you consider how young he is and how inexpensive he would have been to the Titans.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz