It's Official: Beast Mode is Done

In my mind, Lynch belongs in the "Hall of the Very Good."

Sadly, that is what the Hall of Fame is turning into.

I'm sorry, I think that they are letting way to many players into the Hall.

This years induction class includes Ken Stabler & Kevin Greene. These guys are Hall of Famers?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Back??????? really!!!!!!

This guy was finished a year ago and failed to tell the Seahawks.

Levy did more for the Bills than this ego nut job did, Levy is man with integrity, something Lynch cannot even spell.

Which one has a ring?

It's disappointing how people misuse the term "character" so often. I don't think there is any evidence Marshawn's character is suspect -- he's simply an enigmatic and eccentric guy. He's also pretty smart in how he has managed his finances, and in how he is retiring before the game takes anything more away from him physically.

It's also disappointing how people misunderstand the term suspect.

As far as no evidence, he did hit a woman with his car and drive off.

Lastly, I will agree he was smart to retire when he did

Actually, it was the Buddy/Nix tandem that dealt him. After Chan/Gailey lobbied so hard for a water/bug, we had a very crowded back/field. The dynamic duo of Buddy and Nix made the deal to feature CJ/Spiller especially after Freddy/Jackson outperformed Beef Mo'.

Your slash key broken?

Rob Johnson has a ring doesn't he? Specious argument on what makes a player or coach better.

Did Rob actually contribute the acquisition? and my point exactly, it is an apples to oranges comparison to begin with.

Sadly, that is what the Hall of Fame is turning into.

I'm sorry, I think that they are letting way to many players into the Hall.

This years induction class includes Ken Stabler & Kevin Greene. These guys are Hall of Famers?

I'm with you. It should be extraordinary players. Guys who dominated their era. Too many guys who are just very good.

Well then we have a different understanding of the meaning of "good" or "great". I think good and great RB's are worthy of the Hall of Fame...whereas, RB's who do their job and have 1000 yd seasons behind a massive O line get to ride off into the sunset and play X Box for their "retirement". Also, why is it such a monumental announcement that Least Mode is retiring (waiting) ....because his legacy is media driven.

Good RBs are worthy of the HOF?

Yeah, right.

I didn't like him, but there is zero doubt he was a good RB.

• 4 weeks later...

While I hope I'm wrong, my guess is that Lynch will be broke, or worse in a few years. I know that is not really going out on a limb. I think he's under the impression that somehow he is going to continue to be paid millions. He seems to be doing all the wrong things, starting with hanging around his old neighborhood. The smart guys recognize that sports is a way out. After some time away from the game no one is going to care or want to bother with him. It always amazes me when people in professional sports fail to grasp they are in the entertainment business.

While I hope I'm wrong, my guess is that Lynch will be broke, or worse in a few years. I know that is not really going out on a limb. I think he's under the impression that somehow he is going to continue to be paid millions. He seems to be doing all the wrong things, starting with hanging around his old neighborhood. The smart guys recognize that sports is a way out. After some time away from the game no one is going to care or want to bother with him. It always amazes me when people in professional sports fail to grasp they are in the entertainment business.

according to most reports he has barely spent a dime. But, other reports arehe normally takes money from people at Applebee's.

apparently he's never spent a dime of his contract money. he's also was the hawks 401k adviser so he may have an idea of how to manage money.

Edited by aristocrat

apparently he's never spent a dime of his contract money. he's also was the hawks 401k adviser so he may have an idea of how to manage money.

How eactly is he the Hawks 401k advisor? I own a financial service company, as part of that business we provide 401k plans. There are regulations and laws from both FINRA and Department of Labor. Even licensed securities representatives are only allowed to educate participants not to advise. There are also fiduciary issues for plan sponsors pertaining to who gives advice. In my years in the business I have seen a lot of self proclaimed advisors, most of their advise is bad. Edited by chris heff

This is a guy who carried his own liquor to bars and ordered a coke....

He is frugal with his money

John bringing your own alcohol into a bar is not frugal its criminal. It would be theft of services.