2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

Pre-injury Sidney Jones was by CB1 in this draft.

I can't go all-in on a guy with an Achilles injury--the RTP rate (return to previous performance rate) for Achilles injuries is less than 70%--prior to Round 3 in a draft as strong at the CB position as this one.

I'm with yah, just hoping he had something to protect himself financially. I did a little research and it seems no one knows if he had a policy like then ones we heard about with Jack, Jaylon Smith. If he drops from 15th overall to the third round that's 7-8 million in guaranteed money that will be lost.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@AdamStites_

Just getting started here at the UCLA Pro Day today. Bills GM Doug Whaley among the NFL personnel.

C7dkvrNX0AQ39pf.jpg

@ChrisTrapasso

Chris Trapasso Retweeted Adam Stites

A few interesting UCLA prospects in this draft, but I assume #Bills GM Doug Whaley is closely watching crafty/skilled zone CB Fabian Moreau.

yes actually both are smart, humble kids from NE ohio. Conley was a captain. He's better than our guy Eli Apple who went 10th overall last year, that's for sure.

I respect that you have watched these guys every weeks through their college careers Yolo I really do.... but I disagree strongly that Conley is better than Apple in terms of the traits I look for in a pro cornerback.

And you will recall I was the one last year saying don't be surprised if Apple sneaks into the top 10.

Is it me or is Johnson one of the most un-coordinated "top" prospects in recent memory at tackle?

Personally I would try Robinson and Dawkins at tackle, then move them inside if need be, with Dawkins imo being a better guard prospect then tackle, but a capable tackle prospect to start with. Peppers hype train is rolling, practical application? indeed...

I really don't see the hype with Johnson. Okay, he's really big, that's about it. He's like Le'Raven Clark where his length is actually a net negative because arms that long need a tight, compact punch and he doesn't have that.

Lacks functional strength and bulk, get destroyed by a safety body playing edge vs Ole Miss. I have a hard time believing pro scouts look at his tape and think he's top-75 material.

Robinson is definitely a tackle for me and I think Dawkins' issues get worse when you put him inside so I'd play him at RT in a heartbeat. Had a quick chat with Dion after the Combine and OG definitely seems to be the way he's getting evaluated but he likes my passion for keeping him outside :D

I really don't see the hype with Johnson. Okay, he's really big, that's about it. He's like Le'Raven Clark where his length is actually a net negative because arms that long need a tight, compact punch and he doesn't have that.

Lacks functional strength and bulk, get destroyed by a safety body playing edge vs Ole Miss. I have a hard time believing pro scouts look at his tape and think he's top-75 material.

Robinson is definitely a tackle for me and I think Dawkins' issues get worse when you put him inside so I'd play him at RT in a heartbeat. Had a quick chat with Dion after the Combine and OG definitely seems to be the way he's getting evaluated but he likes my passion for keeping him outside :D

I'm with you on Johnson, I have 5th or 6th (?) developmental grade on him.

What in particular do you think Dawkins issues are that gets worse at guard? Your passion is contagious.... 😉

I'm with you on Johnson, I have 5th or 6th (?) developmental grade on him.

What in particular do you think Dawkins issues are that gets worse at guard? Your passion is contagious....

I think his hands need to be a little sharper. My biggest concern is that DT's will be on him quicker so not striking quickly will be a bigger issue than on the edge.

Also wanted to strengthen his core a little more to help him sustain blocks. From what I can tell, he's been working on that so he should be okay.

Had some concerns with his arrest (along with Reddick) but he's a lovely dude. Takes notice when you tweet about him, good and bad.

:censored:

Man, going from a deep CB class to shallow pretty quickly. At least with the pec injury, he should eventually fully recover. The Achilles for Jones might be a career limiter.

I know I am in the minority here, but I think bargains can be had with drafting injured players later than they would have gone healthy. I see the draft as a long-term investment and I don't care if a player misses part or even all of their rookie season recovering - provided that the point that they were drafted represents a significant discount to their "healthy rating". As others have said, if the prospects for Sidney Jones to make a full recovery are good, I would be happy if they were able to nab him in round 3 - even if he misses this whole season.

Edited by OldTimer1960

Bucky Brooks drafted Mike Williams and Budda Baker in first 2 rounds. Interestingly, he said MW would be the #1WR alongside Sammy (2) and Holmes (3).

He said Baker can play CB or Safety.

I don't believe anyone that studies tape would say that Williams would be the number one over Watkins.

I don't believe anyone that studies tape would say that Williams would be the number one over Watkins.

FWIW, I have a friend that is a Clemson alum and follows them like we do the Bills. He thinks that Mike Williams is a better prospect than Hopkins and Watkins (he actually preferred Hopkins coming out). I don't know if I buy that but but he watches them much closer than I do.

FWIW, I have a friend that is a Clemson alum and follows them like we do the Bills. He thinks that Mike Williams is a better prospect than Hopkins and Watkins (he actually preferred Hopkins coming out). I don't know if I buy that but but he watches them much closer than I do.

I don't see it. Sammy is just so, so talented. A special talent. I like Williams, but I don't see any where near the level of overall ability.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.